ps: new images uploaded bellow
The Red Bull Ring is a motorsport circuit in Spielberg, Austria.
The race circuit was founded as Österreichring and hosted the Formula One Austrian Grand Prix for 18 consecutive years, from 1970 to 1987. It was later shortened, re-built and renamed to A1-Ring, which hosted the Austrian Grand Prix again from 1997 to 2003. When Formula One outgrew the circuit, a plan was drawn up to extend the layout. Parts of the circuit, including the pits and main grandstand were demolished, but construction work was stopped and the circuit remained unusable for several years before it was purchased by Red Bull's Dietrich Mateschitz and rebuilt. Renamed it to Red Bull Ring and the track was re-opened on 15 May 2011 and subsequently hosted a round of the 2011 DTM season and a round of the 2011 F2 championship. Formula One returned to the circuit in the 2014 season.
The old Österreichring was more often referred to as being located at Zeltweg, which is bigger and better known. However, the circuit was never relocated, only modified.
Author: SMD team
Converted: Mitja Bonca (90% re-built and rising), I`m working on the track since January 2015
- three layouts (full, south course and inner skill course), one more is in the plan too (north course)
- 32 pitboxes (same number of grids) with working pitlane and car garages
- complete 3D terrain
- 3d and 2d trees according to the real one in Spielberg
- working AI (new in version 2.0)
- working starting lights (and lots of semaphores around the track - greens and reds)
- dynamic tyre grooves, that changes during racing
- skidmarks (brakemarks), tyre grooves and cracked tarmac
- trackmaps and turn names
- working map and sections
- 5 TV cameras for full, 3 for south and 1 for inner skill course
- real track of spring/summer 2016
If there are any issues, please let me know, so I can fix it.
Video from version 2.0 (latest):
If you want to help improving my work and keep me going you can donate. Thank You very much in advance.
Red Bull Ring, Austria