Low budget load cell mod for Logitech G25/G27/G29

Hi,
This mod is something I designed and built based on many things I found on the net.
None was easy enough to make at home with simple tools and common scrap materials.
I went for the cheapest of everything on eBay, but it doesn't mean it's worth less.

I made a few more of these sets for sale if anyone is interested in pre-assembled and tested pieces of handcrafted products. :)

With just a single cell, whilst the voltage difference is half that with two cells, you can simply double the amplification and, at least with my foot, I could not tell the difference between the two. I was concerned about noise with the higher amplification, but I could not see any noticeable increasing in the fluttering of the output.

I also think a simple cell is (more than) enough. Noise could have been a concern, thanks for throw it away.
I bough two cells when I bought my G29 (4 month ago), but in my mind one of them was just to be dummy, no load apllied (temperature control). I also guess this concern is unfounded.

Are you happy with the performance? Do you use the full 50Kg of adjust gain to your liking?

Upvote 0
Are you happy with the performance? Do you use the full 50Kg of adjust gain to your liking?

I think it's only 25Kg, but personally all can tell is it's firmer than the standard pedal, but not so firm I need to race in footwear, so I can still bumble around the track in my socks :)

I am happy with it, but I think proper racing buffs may want a firmer pedal and would need to consider swapping the rubber block for something less squishy.

Upvote 0
Hi,
This mod is something I designed and built based on many things I found on the net.
None was easy enough to make at home with simple tools and common scrap materials.
I went for the cheapest of everything on eBay, but it doesn't mean it's worth less.

I made a few more of these sets for sale if anyone is interested in pre-assembled and tested pieces of handcrafted products. :)
Hi, I live in Germany and would like to buy one also. How can we arrange this?

Upvote 0
do you think this would work? of the shelve components and the load cell would fit inside the pedal!
(i posted in another threat as well)

+

Upvote 0
Looking at the technical spec it should be fine. Not quite sure what the yellow wire is for in the lower image, but the diagram showing the connections to the wheatstone bridge are exactly what you require with the LB amp

Upvote 0
Hello!

Sorry for joining this party 3 years after the last message, but I found this thread on one of those silly Google searches and it got me really curious about this project.

What is the current state of this?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
You could also just switch GND and +5V input where you splice the loadcell into the normal pedal loom
this kind of games, at least in PC, invert the signal automatically when you choose the input. Dirt rally for example.
Hello!

Sorry for joining this party 3 years after the last message, but I found this thread on one of those silly Google searches and it got me really curious about this project.

What is the current state of this?

Cheers!
Hello, here is the link https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/g29-load-cell

I did another version but with different load cell (only works on PC, can be modified for use with ps4 but i don't have one for test), and very cheap for less than 4 euros (with all included). And you don't need 3D print or any mod in the g29 pedals parts. You need just a 3cm wooden disc, cork, heat shrinkable, a rigid cable, the 50kg load cell, a new 3cm 40kg spring, and one resistor (or one resistor and one potentiometer if you want a little adjust).

If you want i can share the parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back