Lotus Exos 125 S1 @ Nürburgring GP

turns out there was some major physics bug that made drag increase your top speed, at least from the underbody. setting ride height front to max and rear to min would change the top speed to around 390 kph. I think once they release the fix this evening all our setups would useless and the car would behave a lot different.

Whats the time you did on Nurburgring with the F1 car ?

Whats the time you did on Nurburgring with the F1 car ?
I am not the best driver, so that's not the best test :D
with mine I got 1:38, with others 1:40 because I can't go flat out on the schumacher S with them.
So how did the patch affect the car in your opinion guys ? I feel like I can brake a little better but lap times are the same. Also I had to change my setup to get it stable around the Schumacher S after the patch.

I didnt said anything just wanted to know. I have done the times i did on the videos above with that setup. 1:37.7 1.37.4

I am not the best driver, so that's not the best test :D
with mine I got 1:38, with others 1:40 because I can't go flat out on the schumacher S with them.
So how did the patch affect the car in your opinion guys ? I feel like I can brake a little better but lap times are the same. Also I had to change my setup to get it stable around the Schumacher S after the patch.
I don't feel like patch affected anything. The aero fix was really for setups that have upwards angle of attack, and it really didn't change much for normal setups.

As for Schumacher S, instead of modifying setup try attacking the corner differently.
Don't touch kerbs (especially the left ones).
Believe in your downforce! I struggled through this corner too but just turning in later fixed most of the problems. If you don't unsettle the car it should grip.

And in case it doesn't: make sure you get proper pitch at high speeds (if the car squats too much, it messes up the rear diffuser and moves aero balance forward) Use higher rear spring rates, lower travel, and no excessive (fast) rebound.
Or your rear tires could be loosing too much grip mechanically (too big packer rate, too low damping, rear bottoming out etc). In general keep the rear high, soft with firm fast damping and you are set.

Any improved setups since update? I've been using all of the setups posted earlier and they're still great - it's just I need to improve my driving :p PB is 1:39.08 (-.50 previous) - hoping to cut at least a second still.

I was doing some tests with 21-21 wings ! i managed to go full throttle on the S with it ! but no real improvement on top speed with that !

I kept watching Jeff's lap (1:35:965) ,and i noticed that he was using agressive steering on some corners ! like if he wanted to oversteer the car ! which is really dangerous ,but it makes him earn a lot of time !

I was doing some tests with 21-21 wings ! i managed to go full throttle on the S with it ! but no real improvement on top speed with that !

I kept watching Jeff's lap (1:35:965) ,and i noticed that he was using agressive steering on some corners ! like if he wanted to oversteer the car ! which is really dangerous ,but it makes him earn a lot of time !
Can you share a link to the video?

And on topic of lower wings... I've recently messed up with rear diffuser, and i can go flat out (on flying lap) through the Schumacher S on 0 (zero!) rear wing lol. Only 1.5s behind my normal 30-30 wing pace. It's pretty crazy how much downforce this thing can provide, and at minimal drag cost :D

Anyone has the setup from this 1:35.9 lap video?

AC had some updates and it involved the F1 car and i think now something they have fixed it was like a bug or something, she was just sliding too much.

And i hate that, i feel the car sliding or right on the edge of going side-ways and in the video looks alike i have been going straight o.O

The S is more about ride height, suspension travel, springs than it is wing settings imo.

Watching the lap i'd say he is using the "Alonso", he is steering overly agressive, putting the front tires at an excessive slip angle which generates understeer rather than oversteer.

That suppoused to give him a lower apex speed, but a stable platform on both the entry and the exit.

Search "Brundle driving styles Alonso" for a pro talking about this.

The S is more about ride height, suspension travel, springs than it is wing settings imo.

I tried using 0-0 wings but that just doesn't turn at all at S with full throttle ! too much understeer !

Yes,i am aware of that driving style (was useful for me on Imola with the M3 GT2),but to achieve it, you should try to oversteer the car,it will generate understeer on some cars,it will drift on some and it will spin on some ... and it depends mostly on the corner and the aero among many other factors !

I haven't tried it yet on this track ! but i am sure it will give some nice results ;)

Last edited:
I tried using 0-0 wings but that just doesn't turn at all at S with full throttle ! too much understeer !

Yes,i am aware of that driving style (was useful for me on Imola with the M3 GT2),but to achieve it, you should try to oversteer the car,it will generate understeer on some cars,it will drift on some and it will spin on some ... and it depends mostly on the corner and the aero among many other factors !

I haven't tried it yet on this track ! but i am sure it will give some nice results ;)

0-0 is a bit on the extreme side...

The video you showed the guy is definitely doing an "Alonso" and he is perfectly dialed in, doesn't give him oversteer just an initial understeer that goes away mid corner and he has a perfectly stable car after that.

I give up for now ! lack of inspiration :D , i can't do better than 1:37:3xx ! i lose a lot of time on the first sector !
Here's my best setup for now ! it's well suited to my driving style (button style :p) !

Attachments

• 137332.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:
I give up for now ! lack of inspiration :D , i can't do better than 1:37:3xx ! i lose a lot of time on the first sector !
Here's my best setup for now ! it's well suited to my driving style (button style :p) !
Woha this is quite unstable. I assume by Button style you mean as smoothly as possible :p

Try 4-10-1-15 on rear dampers (bump/FSTbump/rebound/FSTreb), it will flat out increase traction (and high speed stability). (at least 0.3-0.5s time here)

Also i would suggest trying ~110 rear spring rate and compensate balance with additional Front roll bar, (i used 20) You will be much more stable in both high speed turns and lap end chicane. I'm sure you will get better times with this if you just try hitting the accelerator earlier, with these changes the car should handle it.

yes,being smooth on the other setups was not rewarding in my case ... feels like driving on ice !

Great, i will try these changes next time ! and by the way ! the car has been changed on 0.7.6 ?

I think the only car change in latest patch was to Hyuaraaaa (whatever its spelled:p) and it was steering lock issue. (it drifts like a dream now)

Honestly the Exos didn't changed at all since release for me, even the aero hotfix was really a non issue as you never had positive angle on it on normal setups IMHO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back