Lotus Exos 125 S1 @ Nürburgring GP

Well that's what happens when a very capable driver competes for 2 seasons in FSR and does many many laps for each race :p

I'm 2 sec off pace in these F1 cars. Almost never drive open-wheelers and it shows...

Most stable and fastest version of my setup so far. Not sure where to go from here to keep up with the current WR.
Nicely balanced setup, but i have 2 gripes with it.

1) Even at slowest of turns the car it riding the bumpstop springs on the outside. I'm not sure if its a common practice in F1 but i would think lower spring rates are better on bumpy track, and right now you have really high effective rate at the loaded wheels.
Just by adjusting spring rates to 130/110 i was able to beat my own best time on your setup in one lap.

2) Damper bump rate feels too high. Just dropping both front and rear slow bump gives immediately noticeable increase in grip levels in slow turns. (im not sure how this affects fast corners thou)

Now i'm quite bad at driving and setting up single seaters (current pb 1:38:1 @ Nurbs) but this puzzles me, could you shed some light on this setup choices?.

It's a setup to use with TC I guess ;)
It is? Haha i was getting a feeling "with TC this would be really fast" but never tried it :)
Still, the main culprit for riding the bumpstops are front wheels, nothing TC can cure...

I'm starting to get a hang of driving and setting up the car, 1:37.3 with like 0,3 lost in first few turns.
And notably using high rate front bumpstomps is great for countering high speed turn in oversteer.
I'll post (or edit in) a setup later. When it's finished.

I know that the world record holder is a very good driver,but i don't think he is using some random setup ! the guy won a lot in fsr and made a lot of races,he knows how to setup a car properly !

There is a good setup on the mugello thread,it might work well for this track too !

Last edited:
@misterbeam
Yeah, the new lotus definitely is the most setup reliant car in AC. Morgan is ridiculously fast, he must have pretty good setup too.

I've stolen 5 gear gear setup from Austin, rest is original and quite different :p. The stock gearbox doesn't work well with Cosworth engine revs. >:|

Tell me what you think of this setup guys (1:37:0 drivable by me):

Attachments

• Maddnessv3.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 570
Thanks,i will give it a try ! but i am not a regular driver ... maybe someone who practice everyday :p

30-30 wings is too much for this circuit ! i suggest lowering the wings, lowering both diff tuning, using a very low ARB , 55 brake bias , lower packer rate increase a bit the rebound and bump ! keep th car bit high and always the bak higher than the front for some aero ! it should give some results !

30-30 might be too much for regular F1 but this lotus isn't 100% one, and i was not able to get any good results with both wings lower than 30 (for example a combination of 28-30/30-28 can work nicely).

You are right about the ARB, its way to stiff at the front... just managed to get into high 1:36's with 12 front arb and some small tweaks. (i was supposed to stop playing hehe:rolleyes:)

I agree on lower brake bias being better, but but anything less than 58 (with 12arb) is spinning me out on the fast turn ins. And on that note lower packer rate is doing the same, just several miliseconds later.
I guess this is the drivers limitation :D

As for the dampers are very hard to get right i was running higher values for a while but lowering them (especially bump) gave me better times, ill test that again when i'm fine with rest of the car. Thanks!

I think a zero setting on all the damper parameters work best for some reason... doesn't feel sluggish or unresponsive in any way, just more stable. Also try maxing all damper values and the tires will go up and down very very fast with a weird noise when you're not even moving. Seems like some physics bug that makes 0 work best ?

I think a zero setting on all the damper parameters work best for some reason... doesn't feel sluggish or unresponsive in any way, just more stable. Also try maxing all damper values and the tires will go up and down very very fast with a weird noise when you're not even moving. Seems like some physics bug that makes 0 work best ?
The tire jittering when not moving is probably part of low speed physics problems. They look weird but are mostly harmless when cursing at speed.

As for 0 dampers, i tested them excessively over the weekend and by feeling i had minimally less traction at rear with damping at 0 compared to 2-3. The difference is so small its hard to tell if there is an issue here.
Also 0 damping may not feel sluggish since this is F1 car (and even 0 means quite hard damping compared to other AC cars).

And on that note i'll add another setup, this time it has much more front grip and will require able hand to use it. I'm usually around 1.5s behind Aliens on skill alone and my pb is 1:36.7 on it (1.7s behind WR) so hopefully it's close to maxing out the performance of the car.

Attachments

• Maddness 1367.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 575

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back