Lotus Evora GT4 Coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 5.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed the little Lotus Evora will form the third car of the upcoming GT4 category within RaceRoom Racing Experience.

With Sector3 having only recently announced the long awaited release of the KTM Xbow GT4 in the upcoming patch, the closed top variant of the wonderful and at the time rather unique KTM Xbox joining the newly reworked Porsche Cayman ClubSport in the GT4 category within the game, the Swedish development group have popped in another rather nice surprise with the announcement of the Lotus Evora GT4.

RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 1.jpg
RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 3.jpg

Set to be the exact opposite of the Xbow GT4 - as in announced one week and released the next, the Evora is a welcome addition to what is set to become a rather popular category within the title, and bolsters the brand new to the title class of racing to a very respectable starting grid of three different and unique brands - with many more no doubt set to join the simulation in the months ahead.

The GT4 Evora will be made available in the upcoming November patch alongside the Porsche Cayman and KTM Xbow GT4 cars as additional DLC content, with no pricing details yet to be released.

Want to see the Evora and other GT4 cars in action out on track? Stay tuned to the RaceDepartment Twitch channel this Friday at 8PM UK for a live stream interview and track action marathon!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 4.jpg
RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 2.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club and a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 6919

I don't mean to be negative, but now I have to pay for something, which is free in AC, and tbh will have better handling. This is not an "us verses them" but how can one charge and one not?

Raceroom seem to be playing catchup but using the IRacing (you need to re-mortgage) route for anything and everything you want.

I am up for DLC don't get me wrong, but when it becomes more expensive than running a hot tup for a week, I have to question it.

It doesn't actually look that good as well :thumbsdown:
Still it's a step up from people trying to make their own..:whistling::p

i quite like RR, with the right improvements and features that i seen ppl saying about for a very long time it could be right up there, but they only want to milk dlc nowadays
Well maybe if you would have said you quite like RR to begin with, and a less sarcastic sounding post, then I probably wouldn't have commented. Your original post didn't convey anything but complaining. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but it's all in the way it's presented and expressed. :thumbsup:

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but it's all in the way it's presented and expressed. :thumbsup:
Like: write criticism in a positive way =
"All flaws makes it the best racesim game. I hope the devs will continue releasing DLC's while i would like them to add more features. But that is not a problem because i like the game even more without all features it needs to be a better game for me":rolleyes:

Nice news! Another full category will be more than welcome to me. And we might not have to wait for years for it either. So, good enough. Here it comes though... Car filter please! :D
Sorry but it's become habit.

I've got RRRE however I just can't get it feeling at all right with my OSW.

It's a real shame as I love the depth of cars and what not but just fail to get on board with it.

Happy to take any advise!
I've managed to get it to a good place with the OSW. The main thing is to be sure that steering-rack forces are at zero / off. Those mess with the FFB and make it harder to tune. Don't expect a lot of surface detail like other titles but, the "rubber meeting the road" feel is really good and grip-loss cues are top notch imo - especially with cars that have the physics updates.

I built my custom profile from the AccuForce one and tweaked it from there. It's probably the best way to make your own profile but, there are some shared ones in the S3 forums that may work. I'll post mine there when I get some time.

I don't mean to be negative, but now I have to pay for something, which is free in AC, and tbh will have better handling. This is not an "us verses them" but how can one charge and one not?

Raceroom seem to be playing catchup but using the IRacing (you need to re-mortgage) route for anything and everything you want.

I am up for DLC don't get me wrong, but when it becomes more expensive than running a hot tup for a week, I have to question it.

It doesn't actually look that good as well :thumbsdown:

Why do you "have to pay for something"?It is not manadatory to buy all content.
It is DLC which as far as I know takes 1000s of hours of Labour & the developers have to pay to licence in the game.RRE would not exist without selling cars & content.Price to high?The market sets the price so if it is to high they will not sell enough & if the product is not good enough sim racers will go to Iracing or drive the Lotus in AC.

I totally understand Sim Racers who say they cannot afford Iracing,RRE or DLCs in other titles but I think we are pretty lucky in Sim racing that the developers are not out to rip off as many gamers as they can.Most seem to invest the profits into making the next update or game a better product.In general you get what you pay for.For example Iracing is releasing for free a new Charlotte Roval & Tsukuba track in December.

....Well at least a "real" gt4 grid is something i'm really really looking for, so it's a great news....
..In another part, X-Bow is living his last season IRL and Evora never really runed in gt4 (1 car in british-gt 2 years ago, that's all)...
I'm not an R3E fan (tyre model too simple, brakes way too simple too...), and a bit disapointed about that cars BUT (important) I'll give it a try...If it could encourages other GT4 in the future, it's great :)
@++

These cars come with a new improved tyre model ;)

I don't mean to be negative, but now I have to pay for something, which is free in AC,

What are you even referring to here?

You do know that the Lotus Evora GT4 car does not exist in any sim, right?

The GX and GTC in AC are not the GT4 version of the Evora, and are much older...

Beyond that, what relevance does any of that have to do with a new car appearing in RR? Dont answer that, it's rhetorical.

OK OK, so I got the car wrong, sorry about that, but I still stand by, paying for a car that costs more than to run a hot tub for a week :thumbsdown:.

It's not just RRE, IRacing as well, the pricing structure has just got out of hand imho and is no longer value for money, as I see it.

I have just tallied up everything that I would be interested in, in RRE and my basket is over £70 :confused:

OK OK, so I got the car wrong, sorry about that, but I still stand by, paying for a car that costs more than to run a hot tub for a week :thumbsdown:.

Maybe I am mistaken, but...aren't you actually a modder? As in someone who should be the first to understand these things take a lot of time and effort?

I have just tallied up everything that I would be interested in, in RRE and my basket is over £70 :confused:
You are doing something wrong IMO, especially since there is currently the Black Friday discount, so getting all of the content currently available by getting the Premium pack and paying for it using the 7500 vRP pack only costs at most 40 pounds, possibly less if you already own some Raceroom content.

It's not just RRE, IRacing as well, the pricing structure has just got out of hand imho and is no longer value for money, as I see it.

Depends on what you consider is valuable in a title....if it doesn't meet your standards....move on to a title that meets them....telling people it doesn't meet your stadards really means nothing to those that enjoy it :)

Tho I am not really surprised that a modder is upset about purchasing content....weird lol

As for the $70 of content you enjoy....there is a black friday sale with 30% off or you could just buy the premium package with everything to date for $50.

OK again sorry, didn't see that, as I clicked the link and it took me to individual purchases, but now I have found it, that's still £66.44. With more and more people going to either IRacing or RRE, I am more than prepared to venture in to this, but to me, seems expensive?

@Martin Fiala yes I am, but I cannot (I am not allowed to by law) to sell why work, as I don't own the official license and I cannot afford to buy the official license either, so everything I do is free for a reason :thumbsup:

How others get away with it....is another discussion ;)

@Martin Fiala yes I am, but I cannot (I am not allowed to by law) to sell why work, as I don't own the official license and I cannot afford to buy the official license either, so everything I do is free for a reason :thumbsup:
So since you can not sell your work, nobody should sell their own OFFICIAL work as well? Or what is it you're trying to say? I'm really struggling to understand your comments here, I find them very confusing, again, not the especially since you are a modder and should be the first to understand all this, having a first hand experience.

Alex I hope that on Friday they talk about improving the AI by incorporating an AI aggression slider, the bots are crash machines!
They (AI) have been that way since the start.
It takes time to learn how to adapt to the AI and learn where their blind spots are. A teeth grinding proces that is another race breaker for me. *whoop...whoop...this is the troll police! Turn your engine off*

I feel wrong not voicing my opinion as I would be interested in GT4 as well. The game is really hard to defend being that it is behind most other sims in regards to features and physics (imo), but costs almost three times as much as sims just as old or even much newer than this one. (if you want the whole game). Then add the fact that it's not moddable or offline capable. I really enjoy AC for that, along with the Ginetta GT4 @Shaun Clarke provided for us. (free, "w/liveries..looking at you R3E")

Maybe this big update they say is coming in the future they've been teasing will bring the game closer to the competition in overall features and value.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back