AC Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 @ Paul Ricard - Wednesday 27th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hiya @Sheppio Mark, hope you enjoyed the race last night?

Just whilst I remember.... on the server last night your name was showing as 'Sheppio'; for Monday you will definitely need to show your real name otherwise you could be kicked from the server:(

So, if you're using Content Manager go to; settings (top right) > content manager (top left) > online (left column) > then top left of the main screen you'll see a box to fill in your 'online name'.

In the normal AC launcher, go to 'profile' and you'll see a box at the top of the screen to change your name :thumbsup:

Sorry for the nag:p

If you want my "drive in the dry and during the day and gain the most fps while getting slightly better image quality", then I'll happily Screenshot all my settings.
Would you be able to share your .ini files? I know screenshots let people pick and choose, but I'd like to just try out your base settings on VR to see if it helps :thumbsup:

Hiya @Sheppio Mark, hope you enjoyed the race last night?

Just whilst I remember.... on the server last night your name was showing as 'Sheppio'; for Monday you will definitely need to show your real name otherwise you could be kicked from the server:(

So, if you're using Content Manager go to; settings (top right) > content manager (top left) > online (left column) > then top left of the main screen you'll see a box to fill in your 'online name'.

In the normal AC launcher, go to 'profile' and you'll see a box at the top of the screen to change your name :thumbsup:

Sorry for the nag:p
Apologies, thought I'd updated everything I needed to, but obviously not. Anyway, it's now done.

On the race side of thing, didn't see much action as I was half a lap behind most of the time but, to be honest, this was probably a good thing as my main goal was to not get in anyone's way, which I think (hope) I achieved :).

Apologies, thought I'd updated everything I needed to, but obviously not. Anyway, it's now done.

On the race side of thing, didn't see much action as I was half a lap behind most of the time but, to be honest, this was probably a good thing as my main goal was to not get in anyone's way, which I think (hope) I achieved :).
No need to apologise buddy, there's a lot to take in when you go online the 1st time :thumbsup:

I was having a nosy at lap times earlier today and it showed you having a really strong improvement from practice and in the race, you'll get there! I'm sure you guys will be the ones Ernie and I moan about in the future ;) Ernie @Kek700 is the one on the left....:p
200.gif

@RasmusP

Re content manager. I have 3x1080p triple 75hx freesync screens limited to 72hz. Gysync comparable enabled . Then in content manager I have sol and csp enabled with max settings everywhere.

I have 3700x and 2080.

Rasmus. What are the faces per frame. Mine is set to 6?

I can run 30 plus grids all at 72hz locked with that setup/hardware.

I use the normal fxaa. If I enable Taa in csp would that be better image quality?

It looks pretty good as it is.

Very occasionally I get issues with mod tracks/cars. But that normally presents as a won't load up situation. I just disable csp in those scenarios like everyone else.

btw: I don't use SOL at the moment. I only race in dry daylight and use the natural mod pp filter. I don't really care about the clouds, I need the performance and stress free changing between sims.
But sol is awesome. If you do other races than RD clubraces that use the possibilities then it's a must have.

Would you be able to share your .ini files? I know screenshots let people pick and choose, but I'd like to just try out your base settings on VR to see if it helps :thumbsup:
Err.. yeah I think I could send the ini files but that would also mean all csp ini's so a lot of files :roflmao:
@RasmusP

Re content manager. I have 3x1080p triple 75hx freesync screens limited to 72hz. Gysync comparable enabled . Then in content manager I have sol and csp enabled with max settings everywhere.

I have 3700x and 2080.

I can run 30 plus grids all at 72hz locked with that setup/hardware.

I use the normal fxaa. If I enable Taa in csp would that be better image quality?

It looks pretty good as it is.

Very occasionally I get issues with mod tracks/cars. But that normally presents as a won't load up situation. I just disable csp in those scenarios like everyone else.
What's the msaa set to? If you don't see jaggies and pixel crawling now, don't change anything.

But yeah TAA + CMAA 2.0 + "Use FidelityFX CAS by AMD" with the FidelityFX sharpness slider at 50% looks the best for me!
You have to keep FXAA enabled in the AC settings though.

About max settings everywhere:
You have Local reflections (SSLR) and Ambient Occlusion (HBAO+ by NVIDIA) enabled? For me that about tripled my GPU load...

I'll put my settings down in a moment with a fresh post containing the ini files and all settings :)
It'll be a dropbox link + previews.

That's how fluid the reflections move around. From my view, 3 is smooth enough. Reflections directly influence the CPU performance so since I'm struggling with my 2600k from 2011, I try to keep them low.
But at static they are just trees and nothing else, which break the immersion a bit.. So I went with 3 faces and 1024 as compromise.

Last edited:
Link to the dropbox folder. There's also a zip to simply download everything :)
There is also the "Settings_Screenshots" folder inside with the same Screenshots from below.

And the Screenshots:
Now everything I don't show is at default of that version.
Everything that is NOT the default is red.
As I said: no sol, no night racing, no fancy stuff.. I only use the parts of CSP that give more CPU related fps + the superb TAA.

AC_graphic_settings_overall.JPG

AC_graphic_settings_system_mirrors.JPG

AC_CSP_Version_and_whatsDisabled.JPG

AC_CSP_CarTextures_Disabled.JPG

AC_CSP_CarVAO_Disabled.JPG

AC_CSP_TrackConfigsAndVAO_Disabled.JPG

AC_CSP_GeneralPatchSettings_allDefault.JPG

AC_CSP_ExtraFX_OnlyTAAandShadowDepth.JPG

AC_CSP_FFBtweaks_activeForFanatecCSW2_5.JPG

AC_CSP_GraphicAdjustments_CMAA_FidelityCAS.JPG

Hi Sheppio, I wasn't able to take part in this race, but as I'm only a couple of RD races ahead of you I can relate to your message. I have raced on/off in lower rated games/sims for years and I have always had a relatively good pace, but I wanted to try Assetto Corsa and the RD Racing Club because of their reputation for good clean racing. That reputation is well deserved and I was not surprised, nor was I surprised with the pace of the more experienced guys here. It's important to note that there are guys here with years of experience who are at an extremely high level, so it's great to be able to race with them and hopefully improve as we do so. I guess what I'm trying to say is; don't be put off by being a bit off the pace at the start. As @Medilloni mentioned in his post above, it's the improvement that's impressive. I can almost guarantee that with the amount of practice required to race with these guys, and being able to learn from them will have you (and hopefully me too) knocking seconds off the lap times, and have fun at the same time.

Last edited:
@RasmusP what can I say, did not know any of this existed, the sheer scale of it all.
so it’s a “wow” from me.:)

Many thanks for all your efforts on all above, John especially, nice to have the lad back and being competitive once again.

Could never come to terms with not being harassed by him, catching him is not what I expect to do either.:thumbsup::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back