AC Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 @ Paul Ricard - Wednesday 27th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Was good to keep up with you (if only for a couple of laps!) but hopefully will be more competitive next time!

Pity you had that spin at the end of race one. You were getting awful hassle from myself and george! It was lining up for a good finish!

I had a good start to race 2 but caught the kerb on the left before the final hairpin in a weird way and spun out. It was good to learn the track. Might come in handy for a gt3 race at some stage too.

Thanks john for organising.

At last a decent race for me, second race was just as much fun, I have been so used to being knocked of the circuit, I now knock myself off the circuit. :unsure:

I found out that hitting one of those sausage things is ill advised:roflmao::roflmao:

Really pleased to see @Medilloni back, especially his winning ways.
Another well done to @640er for the first race win.

Another thankyou John for what turned out to be, I think, a successful race.:thumbsup:

Oh forgot to thank all I came across, very fair, I hope I matched up to your standards.

Thanks John for putting this one up :thumbsup: This was a new car and track for me, but I had a decent pace so of course I like both of them now :D

R1 was nice because of the result, but R2 was way more fun battling with @HF2000 and @Medilloni himself. You had a great pace, but at least I managed to make you having to do something for your well deserved victory. In the last lap I tried to be as close as possible coming out onto the long straight, but we know what happened :roflmao:

Amazing combo! I had so much fun. First race I had some understeer and hit @pattikins . My fault. I don't think it costed him a position but if so I apologise. Anyway, it left me as the backmarker but I had a lot of fun catching up and overtaking. Got a bit scared when I had a couple of Irishmen in front of me but even that went well:p. Made it myself to 6th. Then Patrick overshot the chicane in the straight and so I finished 5th.

Consequently I had the pole in race 2. I could maintain that position quite a few laps but @Medilloni and @640er were clearly faster. Happy with so much fun and the podium.

Thanks to all for racing, especially the new guys. You did very well for the first time. I hope you had fun also. Don't worry about the lap times. It will come. And Paul Ricard is not an easy track (I deliberate did not mention that in my previous post :D ).

Thanks @Medilloni for organising and for sticking with this combo. It deserved a full grid. Hope we will have more races with this car.

Sounds like you had some great fun, despite the kinda low numbers.
Good to hear the new guys had a good time too! :)

Looks like @Medilloni had enough fps for a small grid :D
Hello Maestro!

Yes my friend, it was a small grid (though I set the server up with 24 cars to give a bit of added load), the frame rate never dropped below 70fps and the processor thingy (??forgotten the name of the thing you were looking at, that means processor?? :laugh: ) was at 54%. I was shocked at the quality, could see every braking point crystal clear...and still missed them:p.

I guess the real test comes on Sunday's event (30+ cars), but already the difference is night and day. Thanks again Rasmus, I hate saying this to a bloke, but you made an old man very happy!:roflmao:

Sounds great! :D

The graph in openhardwaremonitor shows the graphics card load. In theory you could get more eye candy but sadly all additional eye candy would also mean more load on the CPU, which would mean lower fps...

Normally we would crank up the Anti Aliasing for better image quality then as that one setting doesn't do anything with the CPU.
But thanks to the incredibly awesome custom shaders patch TAA (temporal anti aliasing), the image quality is absolutely stunning without a big performance hit.

Overall you don't need to care for that graph, I simply forgot to kick it out from windows startup. But it cost maybe 0.001 fps to have it running so screw it :roflmao:

Massive thanks to all for tonight's race, really enjoyed it. And I know it wasn't to everyone's taste, so thanks for bearing with it, and to you @pattikins for making the numbers up too... really appreciated:thumbsup:

Great to hear Anthony, Mark and Mathew had fun - always great to see new faces and glad you enjoyed it guys, hope you'll be with us again soon :thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium guys, the times were super-close and produced great racing - and as was really chuffed with @HF2000 Han's comment re the combo... I did have reservations and could have possibly been better with the shorter WTCC layout - maybe one day (not for a while!) bring it back with Snetterton/Cadwell/Croft/Nurburgring Short or similar.

Started from the back for the 1st race just in case I had a vision problem (which I didn't :inlove:), huge thanks to all for the fair racing in that one. 2nd race was intense, trying to keep @640er Andreas at bay near the end... thanks matey, that was epic, loved every minute... apart from the sweaty state I ended up in:roflmao:

A thought for you.... this time last year (almost exactly!) we had an amazing race with the Lotus 3-Eleven - I was tempted to use it again 'cos it's got more hairs on its chest, so, check out this thread & Chris Down's videos https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lotus-3-eleven-vallelunga-wednesday-15-may-2019.168278/page-3 and if there's positive thoughts about the car we'll look at that in the future. It is imo a great car, a good all rounder for all abilities.

A few comments re suggestions have been posted here, which I like and are helpful! ...but it's easier to manage them if you PM me - can't promise time scales, and sometimes might be combinations of your combined suggestions, but happy to hear them and work with it.

Thanks again everyone:thumbsup:

Sounds great! :D

The graph in openhardwaremonitor shows the graphics card load. In theory you could get more eye candy but sadly all additional eye candy would also mean more load on the CPU, which would mean lower fps...

Normally we would crank up the Anti Aliasing for better image quality then as that one setting doesn't do anything with the CPU.
But thanks to the incredibly awesome custom shaders patch TAA (temporal anti aliasing), the image quality is absolutely stunning without a big performance hit.

Overall you don't need to care for that graph, I simply forgot to kick it out from windows startup. But it cost maybe 0.001 fps to have it running so screw it :roflmao:
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the custom shaders patch and should I install it? I have all video settings at max (TI2080) and no FPS problems.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the custom shaders patch and should I install it? I have all video settings at max (TI2080) and no FPS problems.
Short answer:
You've seen this new ac stuff with rain and night racing that looks pretty awesome?
That's custom shaders patch (CSP).

The creator of content manager started working on injecting new stuff into AC and it started to grow into a community.
This community now implemented dynamic day and night circles by faking the sun into looking like the moon, flipping the exposure levels. Modders made track lights (also fake but looks pretty nice!), then someone found out how to make headlights really shine and make things brighter and visible.

In the end I don't use any of this but there are 2 things that are really really awesome about this CSP:
- cpu optimizations: they managed to optimize the engine to be more efficient for the cpu

- custom font rendering: for John, using his favorite hud apps made his fps go down from 160 to about 40. With custom font rendering and the new hardware acceleration behind it, his fps only went down to about 130 with all his apps!

- other optimizations like forcing the lowest LOD for the cockpits and driver models of opponents (when did you look into another guy's cockpit while racing? Might look weird in open wheelers though! Didn't test yet.

And then, apart from the cpu optimizations and custom font rendering:
- TAA: this temporal anti aliasing isn't like the ghosting one in ACC. It's a sharp, super smooth anti aliasing.
Before I used 8x msaa and forced 2x sparse grid super sampling via Nvidia inspector on top because the shadows, reflections and some transparent objects had way too much Pixel crawling going on at the edges for me during movement.
I'm very easily bothered by this... Back when I was a child all games had msaa and my dad always forced super sampling on top so I was used to jaggy-free image quality.

Anyway, with taa I use 0x msaa, I just turned it off.

Also taa only uses as much gpu power as 2x msaa did but it works 1000x better! There's not a single shadow flickering anymore :)

Do you use content manager?
If you want my "drive in the dry and during the day and gain the most fps while getting slightly better image quality", then I'll happily Screenshot all my settings.
This means about 10% more gpu load but if you are cpu limited like my old 2600k is, then you'll gain a lot.
There are some traps.. If you simply activate the part that contains TAA, ambient occlusion will be activated too, which reduced my fps from 100 to about 25 :p
Disabled this right after the first go...

Last edited:
Pity you had that spin at the end of race one. You were getting awful hassle from myself and george! It was lining up for a good finish!

I had a good start to race 2 but caught the kerb on the left before the final hairpin in a weird way and spun out. It was good to learn the track. Might come in handy for a gt3 race at some stage too.

Thanks john for organising.

Was getting closer and closer on those last couple laps and then I just pushed to hard and overcooked it! Had a good battle with George in R2 though so was thoroughly enjoyable.

Looking forward to the next one already!

Was getting closer and closer on those last couple laps and then I just pushed to hard and overcooked it! Had a good battle with George in R2 though so was thoroughly enjoyable.

Looking forward to the next one already!
That sounds great!

Sorry for "spamming" your first race thread :whistling:

@RasmusP

Are you saying you use Taa in Nvidia inspector, what do you do with the AC in game settings.
No no, I'm using 8x anisotropic filtering in Nvidia inspector and force the standard vsync. That's it with Nvidia settings.
I used to "enhance" the msaa from ac with 2x sparse grid but I don't do that anymore!

Then I have a 60 fps limiter via Riva tuner active and gsync.

For ac I have all settings maxed out, only shadows on 1024, reflection on second highest and the refresh speed in "three faces per frame".
I have msaa set to off in ac.

The TAA is part of the "extra fx" in csp. Then there's the hint about sharpness. I unchecked the sharpness button in "extra fx" and instead use the
"cmaa (Intel)" in "graphic enhancements" of csp.
There you have the "extra fidelity cas" or something like that...

That's the currently recommended combination of anti aliasing.

I can provide Screenshots tonight when I'm at the pc again :)

If you want my "drive in the dry and during the day and gain the most fps while getting slightly better image quality", then I'll happily Screenshot all my settings.
I would love to see and test them. Had some weird issues (1 second freeze once per race) some time ago during online races with CSP+Sol activated. Had to turn it off but maybe, with your setting, I can activate them again for online races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back