Lord Kunos working on ACC AI, live now!

That's great, there's hope now the few remaining AI bugs might be fixed!

Thanks @StefanoCasillo for doing this, really appreciate it! I use ACC SP a lot lately and enjoy the AI except the few occasions where they still push me off track. I've been saving replays, let me know if those could help (these are not the cases you mentioned in a recent post where the AI is already at it's maximum breaking capacity).

EDIT: after watching the video, I think my issue is finally identified, it's when the car behind ploughs through the one in front, hopefully Stefano will be able to figure out why does it happen and fix it.

Last edited:
That's great, there's hope now the few remaining AI bugs might be fixed!

Thanks @StefanoCasillo for doing this, really appreciate it! I use ACC SP a lot lately and enjoy the AI except the few occasions where they still push me off track. I've been saving replays, let me know if those could help (these are not the cases you mentioned in a recent post where the AI is already at it's maximum breaking capacity).
Not aimed at you particularly but if anyone interested in the Ai in ACC has not watched any of the vids on twitch definitely recomended, amazing to see the difference from his first vid last week to todays and how well the ai appear to race, really looking forward to the new ai being implented into the game.

Aggressive ai racing with each other looks really cool, will make for some good replays im sure ;) A few cornering and contact issues but coming along very very nicely, the sooner the better for me.

Not aimed at you particularly but if anyone interested in the Ai in ACC has not watched any of the vids on twitch definitely recomended, amazing to see the difference from his first vid last week to todays and how well the ai appear to race, really looking forward to the new ai being implented into the game.

Aggressive ai racing with each other looks really cool, will make for some good replays im sure ;) A few cornering and contact issues but coming along very very nicely, the sooner the better for me.
I probably will watch those videos, I'll just have to find time for it considering it's more than 3 hours long. I'm also trying to finish the career, I have a 4-hour Paul Ricard race to be completed, it's a hard choice between watching and racing ;)

I probably will watch those videos, I'll just have to find time for it considering it's more than 3 hours long. I'm also trying to finish the career, I have a 4-hour Paul Ricard race to be completed, it's a hard choice between watching and racing ;)
Normally i wouldnt have given it a second look, but the Ai bugged the **** out of me so had a watch and enjoyed it, would be lying if i said i didnt skip a fair bit of waffle but very interesting all the same.

Normally i wouldnt have given it a second look, but the Ai bugged the **** out of me so had a watch and enjoyed it, would be lying if i said i didnt skip a fair bit of waffle but very interesting all the same.
Yeah, speed-watching it right now, skipping the parts where he builds the code (cannot believe C++ still takes so long to build lol, I work on fairly large C# solution with several thousands of files, it fully builds in less than a minute).

Just got to the part where the lambo pushes through the bentley on Mt. Panorama, my issue is very similar to that one, just that it happens on different tracks too.

I just watched parts of the replay on twitch (Sep 17th by the looks of it) and now I'm worried because all I saw was some divebombs at Zolder and Misano and Stefano seemed to approve.

It's not making the AI pass you just for the sake of passing you. They need to better identify when the racing line is yours and back off, especially in chicanes.
A more important aspect that was needed imo was them going off the racing line to block. I didn't see it in the stream? Is he working on that?

And finally...PLEASE MAKE THE AI AGGRESSION SLIDER WORK, that way each user has the freedom to choose between divebombers, train line or anything in between and everyone can be happy.

• Deleted member 197115

Hopefully they will stay "gentlemen" as they are now.
Racing in praised for its AI R3E has been a nightmare after ACC, was punted numerous times per lap, jammed between two cars, AI was making pileup of mess after getting into accidents with each other.
Definitely not looking forward to that kind of "improvement".

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched parts of the replay on twitch (Sep 17th by the looks of it) and now I'm worried because all I saw was some divebombs at Zolder and Misano and Stefano seemed to approve.

It's not making the AI pass you just for the sake of passing you. They need to better identify when the racing line is yours and back off, especially in chicanes.
A more important aspect that was needed imo was them going off the racing line to block. I didn't see it in the stream? Is he working on that?

And finally...PLEASE MAKE THE AI AGGRESSION SLIDER WORK, that way each user has the freedom to choose between divebombers, train line or anything in between and everyone can be happy.
Maybe watch a couple of the earlier streams and see the some of the changes in ai abilities and characteristics that have been made. Youve chosen to watch parts of the last of 6 or 7, seeing a variance multiplier added to the ai and dont like it because of the way they performed, if you had watched them all you would of seen how and why they are at that point they are right now.

If the ai make a mistake here and there trying to make a pass, great, racing happens, not making mistakes and not passing is not racing, that is what the ai could do well previously.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea