Lord Kunos working on ACC AI, live now!

Maybe watch a couple of the earlier streams and see the some of the changes in ai abilities and characteristics that have been made. Youve chosen to watch parts of the last of 6 or 7, seeing a variance multiplier added to the ai and dont like it because of the way they performed, if you had watched them all you would of seen how and why they are at that point they are right now.

If the ai make a mistake here and there trying to make a pass, great, racing happens, not making mistakes and not passing is not racing, that is what the ai could do well previously.

What I don't like is divebombing and I saw enough of that during that video.
Watching the latest one should give an indication on where development stands at the moment so I don't need to watch older streams.

I don't want to jump to conclusions as it's not been released yet but I gave my opinion in case Stefano is watching as he's probably still working on it.

Again....all of this discussion can be avoided if the AI aggression slider works so each user can set it as to a level of aggression they consider realistic in GT3 racing. To me divebombing is not realistic but blocking is, so that's something more important to work on imo.

Right, "rubbing is racing". :rolleyes:
Hope Stefano will not go that path.

There is plenty of contact in Gt3 racing, the severity varies greatly but it is always there.

What I don't like is divebombing and I saw enough of that during that video.
Watching the latest one should give an indication on where development stands at the moment so I don't need to watch older streams.

I don't want to jump to conclusions as it's not been released yet but I gave my opinion in case Stefano is watching as he's probably still working on it.

Again....all of this discussion can be avoided if the AI aggression slider works so each user can set it as to a level of aggression they consider realistic in GT3 racing. To me divebombing is not realistic but blocking is, so that's something more important to work on imo.
Watching the latest one tells you what he is trying\testing right here right now, your comments were made based on here and now missing the bigger picture, seeing the previous would show what had been changed to get the ai to the point it was possible for them to divebomb and make those kind of attacking moves.

These things happen in racing, fast drivers are not typically weak and passive that parade around the track waiting for a wide open door to make a pass, they will dive bomb when the need arises, there is contact and mistakes are made, that is racing.

Ai that tries to replicate the good and bad of a human driver, hell yeah ;)

And after yesterdays streams all i can say is bring it on, the ai look better and better after every stream.

Edit - And if your watching Stefano.

I like the occasional divebomb, i also like ai that may miss their braking zone occasionally, altho i think it should be around 0.04 -0.08s IDK 5-25m i cant remember the maths, lol and with the ability to take evasive action, even the odd if extremely rare traction loss would be cool, cause even with TC it does happen from time to time.
Late race aggresion if there is a chance of getting into the the top 10 or going for a decent high placed position finish would also be really cool.
The ai waiting after an off or spin when they are facing or are close to the right direction looks really poor, other cars are taking evasive action to avoid so it is relatively safe to presume they can go.
An ai brain for strategies, stop early or extend my stint depending on other on track happenings, traffic, position\laptimes relative to leader(s) time gain or loss pitting early or late. I could go on and on ;)

Last edited:
Apologies if this is a silly question but I am not going to watch all the streams for the answer to this. Has any work been done on blue flag behaviour during a race? The AI jumping out of the way like it's F1 is really unrealistic for GT3 and GTWC, it means a pro car that has an early issue in an endurance race can't unlap itself and come through the field.

nah.. it's all normal.
Twitch deletes VODs after 2 weeks (for users with the limited amount of subscribers like me.. if I had more I could select VODs to remain undeleted).. you can see that the only videos that are older than 2 weeks on my page are "highlight" videos that are edited short version that I do for the sailing project... all the uncut VODs are automatically deleted.

No reason to look for conspiracies when a much simpler answer is available :p

Last edited:
nah.. it's all normal.
Twitch deletes VODs after 2 weeks (for users with the limited amount of subscribers like me.. if I had more I could select VODs to remain undeleted).. you can see that the only videos that are older than 2 weeks on my page are "highlight" videos that are edited short version that I do for the sailing project... all the uncut VODs are automatically deleted.

No reason to look for conspiracies when a much simpler answer is available :p
Good to know! Now, how much more subscribers do you need, maybe we can help to reach that critical number ;)

So the new AI finally arrived with 1.6 and in my view it is an improvement on what I thought was already a pretty decent AI. It is more racey without being reckless, which was my biggest fear.
Did a couple of races at Imola and the always dreadful Monza (and it's chicanes) and had a blast.
Still would like to see them defend the position by going out of the racing line if there's further work planned by Stefano but that would be the icing on the cake really.

So the new AI finally arrived with 1.6 and in my view it is an improvement on what I thought was already a pretty decent AI. It is more racey without being reckless, which was my biggest fear.
Did a couple of races at Imola and the always dreadful Monza (and it's chicanes) and had a blast.
Still would like to see them defend the position by going out of the racing line if there's further work planned by Stefano but that would be the icing on the cake really.
Stefano is no longer working for Kunos Simulazioni company, at least not officially. I still hope he is involved into this project indeed.

• Deleted member 197115

If getting punted is someone's idea of fun, I'd rather have old AI back or at least have some way to control that. :mad:

I did about 10 races today on several tracks.
Ai strength 95
Aggression 95

I only got spun out once at Imola. I found the ai is very slow going into T1 and through quick sweeping turns at many tracks. The also don't defend, fight for position among each other and give up the position way to easily once your near them, pretty sure I was able to pass half a dozen per race going around the outside as they would just slow down mid corner to avoid any contact.

Avoidance wise they are pretty good... being racey, semi aggressive and fun like iracing or Raceroom not yet.

Hopefully they continue to work on the ai and VR performance to make this great title even better.

Last edited:
I found the ai is very slow going into T1 and through quick sweeping turns at many tracks. The also don't defend, fight for position among each other and give up the position way to easily once your near them, pretty sure I was able to pass half a dozen per race going around the outside as they would just slow down mid corner to avoid any contact.

One of the devs mentioned they've identified and are working on the bug that's causing AI to be slow in some tracks and will be in the next hotfix.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea