ACC Reproducible Ai Issues

Kinda feel im taking a liberty posting this here but here goes.

@StefanoCasillo is currently spending a couple of days a week working on improving the ai in ACC.

Rather than wait for the update to be released and complain or question why x, y or z hasnt been addressed, if you know of any ai related issue it would be good to bring attention to it now.

Not anything random or a one off that you havnt seen before but repetitive issues that occur time and time again.

My major gripe was they wouldnt\couldnt race each other, but have seen over the course of three streams that that has been or is being addressed and starting to look very good.

Issues at specific tracks, maybe they run wide or cut a corner, bump the wall like at Laguna Seca S\F str8 at the start or overtaking (fixed im guessing ;))

You get the idea, post away or dont but then dont complain if your issue isnt fixed :)

Sorry Stefano ;)

Last edited:
My only issue is when the AI plows through the player car like it wasn't there. Watching Stefano's stream I think he's already aware of this issue, so not sure my video is of any use, but going to post it just in case:

Please note that I'm not complaining by any means about the AI making contact with the player or other cars (in fact I hope that fixes that might be made don't completely eliminate contacts) , just that after the contact they accelerate like the player car was not in front of them.
Also note that I'm aware that in some cases I could have left more space to the AI.

AI blue flag behaviour in races longer than an hour, they jump out of the way like it's F1. I understand that behaviour in the 1 hour Sprint races because lapping is unlikely, although my preference is to not have that behaviour at all. In endurance races it's a massive issue though.

Having a lapped car drive normally on the line but not defending, while obviously still avoiding contact is what I think could work, but it's not my AI so y'know. It should allow for lapped cars to unlap and pull away, like in the real series.

Right now I've got a 24 hour race at Zolder and it rained at 50 minutes in, most of the top 10 (20 cars total field) pitted for wets, including me. It was the wrong decision, the wets overheated and were slower, there just wasn't enough water. It stopped drizzling 20 minutes later, everyone on wets pitted again meaning most of the quickest cars had made 2 stops and used terrible tyres compared to the 1-stoppers who stopped on the hour and went for more slicks. The result around 5 hours into the race? #991 Am Porsche was in 3rd for a while, is still in the top 10. Only 2 cars are on the lead lap. #54 Silver Cup Jaguar is leading from the #333 Pro-Am Rinaldi Ferrari. Most pro cars are at least 2 laps down on both first and second and they can't unlap themselves on pace, so unless something wacky happens, that's it.

At minimum, let us turn off blue flags in the race. At best, tailored behaviour for races longer than an hour allowing for unlapping and behaviour that reflects real-world behaviour. Blue flags are advisory, they are not an order.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.