Looking for casual racing to build up my safety rating

I'm looking for anyone up for online sessions willing to accept mistakes and basically just race casually. I got into sim racing years ago then had a long break and just trying to get back into it now. I'm not super fast but can hold it together and drive consistently. I've only ever played single player on ACC trying to build up enough of a safety rating to get into a decent lobby online and avoid any knobheads who are there to take you out rather than race - I've never got near anything decent racing against ai... It's improved but still I'll race for 18 minutes battling and not touching anyone, back out when I should and try to just keep a clean line when being chased but the AI will take me clean out the majority of the time from behind and we both get safety points deducted... When I got back on it recently after a couple of years I showed my brother in VR - Gave him a go forgetting all about the safety rating and within an hour he's destroyed anything I had built up. I'm on around 49 safety ATM but it's not cause I'm reckless, I can't seem to increase it racing against ai. I don't wanna start off in public lobbies, I don't wanna sign up for a league with commitments right now due to time. I just wanna race/learn with honest opponents. I can drive. I don't have the best setup but it's good enough to start (g923 and pedals) I used g27 years ago. My PC is decent, been racing in VR. I'm basically into sim racing but casual and looking to link up with the right people online. Get faster, race fairly and enjoy it. I've had some great battles with the AI but been killed by them a lot more. Just want a decent race against others with no pressure or commitment to start apart from being there if anyone wants to arrange something

I'm in a very similar situation and I wouldn't mind building SA together. I can even provide an ACC dedicated server at Asia Pacific region.

I could play at reasonable times for UTC+8 time zone but no commitment to a fix schedule.

If that sounds good let me know and we can interchange Steam usernames in private.

I'm in a very similar situation and I wouldn't mind building SA together. I can even provide an ACC dedicated server at Asia Pacific region.

I could play at reasonable times for UTC+8 time zone but no commitment to a fix schedule.

If that sounds good let me know and we can interchange Steam usernames in private.
Sounds good but we would have to work around our time zones - I'm in UK. Usually play around 10pm GMT and stay up late. 1-2am is common. Other than that at weekends I can be more flexible. It's all about finding time around the kids/work etc

Set the AI to the lowest difficulty and aggressiveness and they will not take you out, just do not focus on racing. Stick within 1 second of the other car and you will be fine. Just chase and don't race.

Set the AI to the lowest difficulty and aggressiveness and they will not take you out, just do not focus on racing. Stick within 1 second of the other car and you will be fine. Just chase and don't race.
Good advice - I did have 90 skill and aggressiveness before, lately been using 80 skill and 50 aggression. I find the skill 80 they brake far to early and ruin my laptimes. If I up the skill level and set aggression to zero would the AI still ram me from behind do you know? I can have a play round with the settings but always listening and looking for advice

Good advice - I did have 90 skill and aggressiveness before, lately been using 80 skill and 50 aggression. I find the skill 80 they brake far to early and ruin my laptimes. If I up the skill level and set aggression to zero would the AI still ram me from behind do you know? I can have a play round with the settings but always listening and looking for advice
If your goal is SA, just lift and coast behind the AI, start in last and stay last. Just relax for 20 minutes, that's the fastest way to gain SA. I know it might be boring but if you want to gain SA fast, just do it the boring way and cruise within roughly 1 second behind the easiest AI possible in last place. I used Monza for this because of the many straights.
If you are going after fast lap-times and overtakes... the goal is not your safety rating, so choose wisely.

If your goal is SA, just lift and coast behind the AI, start in last and stay last. Just relax for 20 minutes, that's the fastest way to gain SA. I know it might be boring but if you want to gain SA fast, just do it the boring way and cruise within roughly 1 second behind the easiest AI possible in last place. I used Monza for this because of the many straights.
If you are going after fast lap-times and overtakes... the goal is not your safety rating, so choose wisely.
I will do that - tbh I have always raced to win. I read somewhere that changing to night time and wet conditions will increase SA quicker so I'll try that and just follow the AI closely, get side by side then back out where possible. I'll update the results here if anyone is interested... Just how much SA I can gain from the 49 I'm currently on. Any suggestions for race time? Would 2 X 10 minute races be worth more than a single 20 minute race?

I will do that - tbh I have always raced to win. I read somewhere that changing to night time and wet conditions will increase SA quicker so I'll try that and just follow the AI closely, get side by side then back out where possible. I'll update the results here if anyone is interested... Just how much SA I can gain from the 49 I'm currently on. Any suggestions for race time? Would 2 X 10 minute races be worth more than a single 20 minute race?
20 minute race, no qualifying, you can go longer if can cope cruising like this, so it's mostly the patience that matters ;). You get SA for every lap completed.

If you're bored from cruising with AI (which I would've recommended too), then check out LFM (low fuel Motor..), just Google it.
I'm not sure about promoting other racing here at RD, since the clubracing here is brilliant. But no ACC right now :(

I did my Rookie license at LFM and while the racing can be quite tough and aggressive, I always had massive fun!

Btw: there's a setting to switch ratings off for offline driving. If you can't increase your rating, check if that switch got flipped! Not at the pc right now so can't tell you where it is, sorry.
And next time you're letting someone do some laps: flip the switch to disable ratings :D

Little update on the safety rating...
After following advice my SR is going up now but seems to be by 1 per 20 minute race. Gone from 49 to 56 in 7 races, I've been close to other cars throughout the race but couldn't help overtaking aswell keeping other cars in front of me still. Definitely very close racing though and since changing the AI to 0% aggression and 90% skill I haven't been took out. So that works. My FFB feels much better now after tinkering with the settings, it seems to be hard work finding reliable information on the G923 as a lot of links lead to lut files or setups more suited to the g29 or g920. I might post another thread with the settings I'm using if anyone is interested. Might be helpful to some

Little update on the safety rating...
After following advice my SR is going up now but seems to be by 1 per 20 minute race. Gone from 49 to 56 in 7 races, I've been close to other cars throughout the race but couldn't help overtaking aswell keeping other cars in front of me still. Definitely very close racing though and since changing the AI to 0% aggression and 90% skill I haven't been took out. So that works. My FFB feels much better now after tinkering with the settings, it seems to be hard work finding reliable information on the G923 as a lot of links lead to lut files or setups more suited to the g29 or g920. I might post another thread with the settings I'm using if anyone is interested. Might be helpful to some
Interesting, I've read some comments from people who were also thinking that kunos might have nerfed the SA gain vs AI. Just make sure to stick within 1 second!

As for a LUT for the g25/g27/g29/g920 etc.,
I'd recommend the "Spoiler: G25+G27+G29 "NoClipButStronger_recommended" LUT | Use 50% ffb ingame for this!" file from: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-luts-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/
Simply use this guide to set it up:

( I previously used a g27 and this helped a lot on improving clipping as well as the ffb when the wheel is close to center)

Yeah you're right on the lut file improving the g27 I used to have it myself so set myself a new one for the g923 and expected similar results - It could hardly be felt regardless of any changes I made in game or with GHub settings... As soon as I removed the lut file and just changed a couple of things I could feel the difference instantly and now I can mostly tell what the car is doing and how to react. Most guides I've seen online referring to g923 seem to advise on treating it the same as older models and the lut file was a massive improvement. (At least for the g27 I had, guessing g29 and g920 are same). I'd definitely say that a lut file isn't needed for the g923 and if one is there actually degrades the experience. I will screenshot my settings when on PC for anyone with this wheel to try out cause when I looked round it is a bit misleading

Yeah the G923 is quite a bit different. I'm pretty sure that it's the same ffb motor in there, but they changed the software of it. Plus the true force "stuff".
If you can describe what you'd need, I could either create a custom lut or help with the settings in general.
From what I've discussed in my lut thread, the G923 has no big deadzone anymore and true force seems to change a few things. It might have been clipping like heck with my LUTs, which would explain why you didn't feel any difference.

Sadly I can't get my hands on a G923 and don't really want to order one and send it back just to create good settings. But I was thinking about it..

Hi Rasmus - it's actually your lut file I was using with my G27 and it was excellent. You're right about the belt driven motors being unchanged, I think it's the trueforce that improves things but must be coded differently so doesn't really benefit from the lut - I did create a new one with the g923 using wheelcheck but it was no good. I'm on PC in hour or so I'll show the settings I'm using in game. Might not be perfect but for me personally I can feel the car a lot more than default settings or using lut. Thanks for the lut files you provide though they are quality and massively improved my g27

Yeah the G923 is quite a bit different. I'm pretty sure that it's the same ffb motor in there, but they changed the software of it. Plus the true force "stuff".
If you can describe what you'd need, I could either create a custom lut or help with the settings in general.
From what I've discussed in my lut thread, the G923 has no big deadzone anymore and true force seems to change a few things. It might have been clipping like heck with my LUTs, which would explain why you didn't feel any difference.

Sadly I can't get my hands on a G923 and don't really want to order one and send it back just to create good settings. But I was thinking about it..
I'm not sure if you need the actual wheel to work your magic and create something? If you can go by data and I could share anything that could help you in any way let me know. I have the lut file created by wheelcheck I could share and could test/save/share any telemetry and provide feedback. All depends whether you're interested in spending the time to create something and if it's even possible without having the wheel yourself.

Guys I've been trying to increase my Safety rating as well, I went online and had a disaster, I was trying to let a couple of faster cars pass so I moved to the right to let them pass and somehow ended up collecting them both so my SA rating has been in the bin, it's at 42 atm but I have been trying to increase it with the AI 5-minute quick race with no qualifying dropped their skill aggression levels to as low as it will go but my SA rating has not changed?
EDIT :-
I worked it out I needed to turn on the Rating and online stats, so all good, I'm making (very slow ) progress

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back