Logitech G923 - Why I can't drift at PC (content manager and Regular Assetto Corsa), but can drift at PS4? Setup / Calibration problems for drifting.

Hello there, hope you doing well,
wish you the very best.

I'm having this problem, at PS4 with g923, I can drift well on Assetto Corsa, but at the Computer, I just Can't... :(

I'm trying every settings that I see at RaceDepartment, Youtube, installed and created LUT, tryed for weeks different settings and Content Manager Callibration Settings like Gain and etc, KERB effect and etc, soft lock and etc, all the ways with different cars, but just cant find the right settings to drift as I was drifting at PS4, even with the same AC settings for the car and for the road effects on FFB.

Coul'd anyone pleas help me?

I bought the AC believing that I could do the same drifts, but in different locations like all the Japanese mods, but just cant... :(

hello, i thin on pc u no need lut, just my opinion.
and setings and explain you can find at youtube and must find ur pref, i found just some setings u can use on pc cuz i bought that wheel too :) just wanna try fedbackTrueForce, and i love it :)
if u need help with smooth drift, just set this, and is rly great for chillout :)

Attachments

• driftKingEasy.jpg
    driftKingEasy.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 328
wish you the very best.

I'm having this problem, at PS4 with g923, I can drift well on Assetto Corsa, but at the Computer, I just Can't... :(

I'm trying every settings that I see at RaceDepartment, Youtube, installed and created LUT, tryed for weeks different settings and Content Manager Callibration Settings like Gain and etc, KERB effect and etc, soft lock and etc, all the ways with different cars, but just cant find the right settings to drift as I was drifting at PS4, even with the same AC settings for the car and for the road effects on FFB.

I bought the AC believing that I could do the same drifts, but in different locations like all the Japanese mods, but just cant... :(
"Can't drift" and "can't find the right settings" isn't the most precise explanation ;)
Especially without Screenshots of your ffb/wheel settings.

Are you using content manager or the standard launcher?

Please post Screenshots of your logitech software, wheel and ffb settings.

Normally it should drive identically compared to console, apart from things like mod cars, LUT, no damper, custom shaders patch ffb tweaks and a few other extras.

But all this is making drifting only better, not "impossible".
So I think somewhere is a wrong setting.
But other than drifting, it's truly impossible to know what it might be.

Maybe it's the driving aids like stability control or traction control, maybe something completely different.

It's like "my car won't drive". Could be anything from "did you put in the key" to a broken differential.

Last edited:
wish you the very best.

G923FFB

Try it, just drag and drop in cm, maybe help :) in ghub i have basics.. 50, 900°, 20, uncheck spring and trueforce checked.

BTW: no need set astability 100% ;)

What are the 20?
50 = sensitivity for correct scaling
900° is self explanatory
But the 20?
just number, if have uncheck centering spring in non force games, its not active at all. ;)
and sens have sometimes at 80.. its not bad too.

screen :)

Attachments

• ghubsets.jpg
    ghubsets.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
just number, if have uncheck centering spring in non force games, its not active at all. ;)
and sens have sometimes at 80.. its not bad too.

screen :)
Ah, makes sense!

Sens at 80.. You get a non-linear wheel that's not synced to the in-game virtual wheel then, right?
At least that's the case if you'd use the steering sensitivity in AC.

yes, right. i just use it cuz i much time change ffb ingame from 100 at start to 200-300 and more or 25-50.. just for fun with thrueforce.

also trying gyro but if i check both settings its not work with g923

assetto is just great game for make some science :)
g923testasetto.jpg
g923test3.jpg
g923testasetto1.jpg

and today i make DIY handbrake, so my driving feel grow i think :)

Last edited:
yes, right. i just use it cuz i much time change ffb ingame from 100 at start to 200-300 and more or 25-50.. just for fun with thrueforce.

also trying gyro but if i check both settings its not work with g923

assetto is just great game for make some science :)
View attachment 673289View attachment 673290View attachment 673291

and today i make DIY handbrake, so my driving feel grow i think :)
Do you know why my wheel shakes so much in the center if i change the gain more than 100, or if i have 100 gain and more than 5% minimum force ? I need some help pls :((

Do you know why my wheel shakes so much in the center if i change the gain more than 100, or if i have 100 gain and more than 5% minimum force ? I need some help pls :((
Probably because you have more ffb in the center than you have natural resistance (or artificial damping).
Sadly we can't have the same tight resistance with ffb wheels like we have in real cars.
In real cars, you have two wheels that want to center themselves and therefore they are pushing into the exact center, giving you a nice resistance while moving exactly straight.

The issue is that you can't do the same with an electric motor. It would need to have a brake that holds it in the center position.
You can only send "push left" or "push right" to the ffb motor.

The next issue is that you have latencies in the system.
The signal goes from the sim to the wheel software, then to the ffb motor. Then a sensor tells the wheel software the wheel position, which will get sent to the sim.
This is why you get the shaking. It's basically the sim going like "too far left! Now too far right! Now too far left again!".
The stronger the ffb in the center, the more the wheel "overshoots" the position the sim wants it to be.

With direct drive wheels, it's a lot better but very far from perfect.
They have articial damper, friction and inertia and the ffb motor can react a lot quicker.
But you still get some shaking...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back