F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

Means that nothing's working to get up to speed, the settings seem to be either too sensitive or too dull, but I can't find the right point, tried different degrees on the steering wheel (278. 285. 292. and 7 after 7 as for some reason my profiler only jumps to the next 7 degrees, don't know how you guys are getting that perfect 315, or 270), tried the suggested 20-80-50, with everything to 0, and then the 85% effect with 0-5-50-0-0-0-0 with 0-40-30, and nope, too strong ant the center and then too light on the extremes. :( I don't know where to start to have a solid base, that's basically it. :)

F1 2011 Patch II. (G27)

Logitech profiler, Global Device Settings:

Overall Effects-43%
Spring Effect-26%
Damper Effect-54%
Centering Spring Enabled-20%
Degrees of Rotation- 185-215 (track varies) Optional 200

In Game:

Advanced Wheel Settings
Steering Deadzone-0%
Steering Saturation-15%
Steering Linearity-30% (track varies)
Throttle Deadzone-2%
Throttle saturation-4%
Brake Deadzone-4%
Brake saturation-8%

FFB

Environmental effects: 20%
Feedback effects: 100%
Wheel weight : 100%

Hey guys,
I've accidently overwritten my ingame steering wheel and FFB settings and can't remember them all. Are those settings saved somewhere in a file? Or is it in the savegame?
I've made a backup just a week ago so i could get the old settings back if I know where to search.

Hello,

I'm playing F1 2011 on the PS3 (please see settings below). I'm finding that the wheel becomes weightless when the wheel is straight i.e., the FFB doesn't become engaged untill a significant turn left or right is made. Is this a fault with the device and which needs to be sent back, or can anyone suggest how to fix this issue? I believe that others have experienced it before.

Thanks, Miles.

// Logitech profiler, Global Device Settings //

Overall Effects-107%
Spring Effect-0%
Damper Effect-0%
Centering Spring Enabled-No-0%
Degrees of Rotation-70
Allow settings to be changed-Yes

// In Game //

Steering Deadzone-0%
Steering Saturation-0%
Steering Linearity-0%
Throttle Deadzone-0%
Throttle Saturation-0%
Brake Deadzone-2%
Brake Saturation-0%

// FFB //

Environmental effects: 20%
Feedback effects: 100%
Wheel weight: 50%

Try -

Profiler:
Enable centre spring but leave set to 0%

In game FFB:
Reduce Feedback Effect to 60%

I would also say that your rotation set to 70degs (35degs each side) is a very intense range and cant be giving you much car control and could also be attributing to your issue. Try something like 270degs.

I am in exactly the same position as you Chris. I found the same thing with the DFGT Pro, and was hoping for an improvement when I upgraded to the G27 with nice pedals, but no .....

I have even remapped the clutch to try out left foot braking (it's quite good actually, to my surprise), but the throttle is doing me no favours!

Yesterday I set the deadzone to 15%, and I need to give that a bit of time to see how it feels, but I agree with you, it is WAY too sensitive at the bottom end. Even trying to hold the throttle (for starts) at the transition from green to red revs, without hitting purple is a challenge.

I wish you could calibrate the sensitivity in Windows, the throttle seems logarithmic rather than linear in this game. 0 to 100% throttle in probably less than 25% of pedal travel :mad: :poop:

I don't want to actually floor it to get 100% throttle either (though that might be more acceptable), just try to find some way to strike a balance. Maybe something can be done in the wheel's actionmap ...... but I don't know for sure.

Hmm, pretty sure there is a saturation setting in the Actionmap.xml which you could amend to reduce the saturation below the level the game options allow.

I must say not being able to control pedal sensitivity in the profiler is a bit of a fail.

Yeah ...... I think I may have a play with it.

The deadzone is probably not the best way to go, as you are losing some of the pedal travel. I suppose the hope is that the potentiometer in the pedal is less sensitive further along it's travel, and the deadzone stops the more sensitive area being used, but that's only a theory and may not be true. Obviously if it work for you, then that's good, but I think I will try fiddling with the actionmap saturation.

If I remember correctly, the higher values of saturation make it less sensitive, if the 'look to apex' mod is used as an example. This being totally opposite of how it was in F1 2010. (I use 1.7 in F1 2011, and it was 0.4 in F1 2010, so it was less than 1.0 last year, and more than 1.0 this year)

The good thing is that just about all of my mappings are done in the actionmap now, which means that there is nothing much to adjust when I get those stupid loading errors, when you have to start via the keyboard and remap the controller.

Yeah ...... I think I may have a play with it.

The deadzone is probably not the best way to go, as you are losing some of the pedal travel. I suppose the hope is that the potentiometer in the pedal is less sensitive further along it's travel, and the deadzone stops the more sensitive area being used, but that's only a theory and may not be true. Obviously if it work for you, then that's good, but I think I will try fiddling with the actionmap saturation.

If I remember correctly, the higher values of saturation make it less sensitive, if the 'look to apex' mod is used as an example. This being totally opposite of how it was in F1 2010. (I use 1.7 in F1 2011, and it was 0.4 in F1 2010, so it was less than 1.0 last year, and more than 1.0 this year)

The good thing is that just about all of my mappings are done in the actionmap now, which means that there is nothing much to adjust when I get those stupid loading errors, when you have to start via the keyboard and remap the controller.

Yep, I remember that when we put the saturation over 1.0 for the 'look' control it became less sensitive. With the throttle, it will be easy to tell if you have gone the wrong way though wont it!!

Oh, dont forget that you will need to reload the default G27 controller in game once you have amended it for the changes to kick in.

Hey on a side note, and regarding the loading/save game corruption, I have found a way to head it off at the pass. After I finish playing, I always go to My F1 and manually save the game. If the 'autosaving' symbol does not appear when you select save, you will certainly get the load/save game problem the next time you play. So, if you know upfront this will happen, you can start the game using the keyboard, which means the game doesnt crash, and you then just go and change the controller back to wheel, and the last time I did this, I did not lose the last sessions data. Data loss only seems to happen if you unknowingly start the game with the wheel and its allowed to crash. I need more crashes to happen to say this 100% sure, but twice now, when I knew the crash was gonna happen the next time, I didnt lose any data.

Hi Paul

The corruption thing doesn't effect me too much now, as I gave up on career mode after half a season, there is just too much wrong with this game. I do however have a blast online with friends, so on the rare occasions when it happens, I just have to boot with keyboard and select the G27, as all my button maps are in the actionmap.

As for the throttle, I am not sure I achieved anything, apart from a bit of placebo effect perhaps ....

With saturation set to 0.5 in the actionmap, you can see by the slider in game that throttle saturation has gone to 50%. So this implies that values greater than 1.0 (0% in game) will reduce sensitivity.

Did it work? I am not convinced. I tried 1.5, 1.9, 2.0, 5.0, 10.0, 20,0, and 50.0. At the low end of those numbers I can't really say I see any noticeable difference. At the high end? Maybe, but now I may be seeing what I want to see, not what's really happening. I think I perceived a difference, not massive, but just maybe. Perhaps my foot just warmed up and became more accurate :rolleyes:

I should have dug out some measuring device, to really test it. For all I know the game might just filter out anything above 1.0 and ignore it.

Anyway, I left the saturation on 50.0 (which seems like a crazy number, 1.0 to 2.0 was my initial thoughts). I also set the deadzone to 20%. I'll test it over the weekend and see if I like it. Maybe even if it's only a placebo, I'll drive like a God :thumbsup: ........ (Who's the God of Misfortune? ;) )

Cheers .....

Code:
<Action actionName="Accelerate">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisY" deviceName="046dc29b" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="50.0" />

Well I thought I would try it out.

1.5 made the pedal far too sensitive, like a hair trigger, lots of spinning, and in game showed as 50% saturation.
0.5 no question of a doubt made the pedal less sensitive, to the extent I couldn't even seem to reach top speed as my ghost was leaving for dead. In game showed 0% sat so it had obviously moved it into negative value.

I would have thought you would have been able to tell the difference as even 1.5 made things pretty undrivable. As did 0.5, but that also seemed to lose you revs. The car would still happily scream into the purples but it was as if you could never give it full gas, almost like a top end of travel dead zone. You did reload the in game g27 default controller? 50.0 should have given you full revs by just looking at the pedal! :)

Didn't have chance to try 0.0x values but I think my test concludes there is scope to do this, just a matter of finding a value which reduces sensitivity without affecting being able to achieve full revs.

Changed my settings a bit

261mauw.png
Hey Bram,

Could you also please post your in-game Force Feedback settings? You put Advanced Wheel Settings in twice :p.

I've been racing with your old settings from game launch and it's done me ok but I need to step up my game so looking to try new settings from the expert :p.

Thanks!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies