Resource icon

Misc LOD generator 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
manual lods are fun and really help you with learning where it's important to keep detail and where not so much
porsche_LODs.gif

• Deleted member 223075

With RallyLegends cars (Delta, Fiesta...) i get this error :
"error null texture on fbx_material texture txdiffuse export failed"

What can i do ? Because they forgot (or don't want) to add LODs

EDIT : solved. there is so many missing texture (NULL) in KSeditor. So i have to set all textures, save in .kn5 before using LOD generator and this for each RallyLegends car.... really good..

Last edited by a moderator:
mh seems like its that one case out of 10 in which it doesnt work, maybe try to narrow it down by not exporting the whole model, but only some parts, when doing this consider just doing lods by yourself, you can even cut down to two LODs only, as some have done...

What helps at times in cases where a simplygon error occurs is to just open the model in 3dSimed and save it without any changes and then try generating the lods again.

So, if Im not mistaken, after the generator does it's thing, all we really need is the 3 newly created .kn5's and the new lod.ini, correct? Thanks for this, it's a huge time saver!!

Note: I've found on my laptop, if I put more then 2 .kn5's in the folder and run the converter, it'll give me an error and say there's a memory problem or something (similar to the error posted above) Ive found that rebooting the machine solves this, for me anyway..

Non capisco perché, ma lo strumento si blocca sempre alla prima creazione di LOD B, non fornisce alcun messaggio di errore o di errore, non va oltre il semplice

yep, dont use cars with spaces in name, it could break some of the batch-stuff

works too: using a copy of the kn5 without spaces, afterwards rename only first part in "\data\lods.ini"

Last edited:
What I found is the model I was converting (Honda Acty!) has 1 texture file with space in the name. I think PowerShell doesn't like that.

What's more interesting is that the _DragDropGenerator version messed up with that texture and threw an error during the Simplygon conversion, but the BatchConvert at C:/BatchConvert does the job perfectly.

@Denny370 Try the older versionand see if it works better for you too! To see which part of the script fails you can also put some lines of @echo some progress and pause into the script to debug it if you wish to.

Last edited:
Simplygon 9 SDK Update is currently not working with the tool anymore even if the location has been modified to match MS' new installation location of Simplygon.

Attachments

• notepad++_2021-03-12_00-59-31.jpg
    notepad++_2021-03-12_00-59-31.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 69
  • cmd_2021-03-12_00-56-39.jpg
    cmd_2021-03-12_00-56-39.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 82
I confirm that if you download simplygon 8 free, the LOD generator tool will always work.
only drawback, every time you need it you will have to install \ repair again with simplygon 8.
I always use it and unfortunately every day I use it I have to repair the installation with simplygon 8 free

yes, you do not have to do any updates that the PC requires.
I download simplygon from here, always the latest version, install and everything works.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.