Resource icon

Misc LOD generator 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I see that on 03/10/2021 it switched to version 9.1.14300.0, with this I have never tried.
my last used version is this that I send you:

I'm trying now, I performed a new installation of simplygon "SimplygonSDK_8.3.38000.0.exe", in my case selecting "repair" because it was already installed, and everything works, of course if the pc requires updates I ignore them, but every time I have to use the plugin I still have to reinstall \ repair with "SimplygonSDK_8.3.38000.0.exe"

Last edited:
It would seem that the end of the road is here, unless someone has a workaround. The free license now refuses to work on older versions of the SDK and demands an update. I've had no luck refusing the update and the program won't work offline.

This workaround was an essential time saver for me, I would plead or offer money for it to be adapted to the new version of Simplygon but tbh, I don't think it's worth it when the program it's based on has such an unfathomable update policy. There'd be no guarantee any workaround would still function 6 months from now.

• Deleted member 223075

So i tried many things but nothing works.

Simplygon 9 works, valid licence but not lauching when you try to convert (job not starting). Also modified files in LODfolder, all is working (unpack, try to convert) but can't launch job with Simplygon.

Simplygon 8 works (all is launching, try to convert...) but can't have a proper licence so job to convert not starting. Each time i try to have a new licence a get an error.

For me not really a problem because cars that don't have LODs are juste poor conversion.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Denny370 " I ask something that using the translator I don't understand well, do I have to install it on the old version or do I delete it? now will the process no longer start from "Batchconvert (Run as admin) .cmd"? "

No need for old 8.x version, it is not working anymore (you cant use old free licence key), so yes, remove old 8.x version.

And this is now the file to dragNdrop your kn5 onto (no admin rights needed):
Git:
_DragnDropGenerator.cmd

Last edited:
I can't get it to work ... I installed LODfolder in "C: \" I opened "_DragnDropGenerator (Run as admin) .cmd" with notepad I entered the path of "SimplygonBatch.exe" in line 5, but it always gives me errors. i will need a new tutorial .. :(

If you have your AC in default steam-folder, LOD-Generator will not work.
The batch file FAILS on folders with SPACES, if you have AC installed like this:
1619260940566.png

-> then - before using "LOD-Generator" - copy the car folder somewhere else, into a folder WITHOUT spaces!

Last edited:
no sorry, maybe it helps to replace
10 with 20 and
5 with 10 here:
View attachment 471188
they refer to those files:
View attachment 471189
when script begins it called kn5 unpack then i stop the script and open fbx model that is created i open it whit kseditor and it contains some object rotated then if i leave script finishing it generated lods whit objects rotated, i solved the problem but i have aplied rotation, scales and locations of object in my model 3d from blender, before does not.
the script work really nice, i thinx the problems is when kn5 is unpacked
sorry for my inglish

Last edited:
when script begins it called kn5 unpack then i stop the script and open fbx model that is created i open it whit kseditor and it contains some object rotated then if i leave script finishing it generated lods whit objects rotated, i solved the problem but i have aplied rotation, scales and locations of object in my model 3d from blender, before does not.
the script work really nice, i thinx the problems is when kn5 is unpacked
sorry for my inglish
then its probably an issue with the car, its not made correctly and then unpacking does not work like intended, i think it would work on other cars

Hello!

I'm having some problems with the LODs. I have lost the transparency of some meshes under the LODs. How can I switch them on without importing into KSeditor and exporting again? If I do that the size of every LOD become much bigger.

Thank you so much for this amazing app.

Attachments

• lightson1.jpg
    lightson1.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 57
  • lightson2.jpg
    lightson2.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 50
This tool is now a part of the latest Content Manager update btw. Obviously Ilja's implementation is far more advanced with smarter removal of objects, mesh-welding for lower object count and much more.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea