AMS2 LMP2 @ Brands Hatch - Thursday Nov, 17th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
So a quick headsup for everyone. The P1 is still it's buggy self, you get two or three laps with good grid and then the tyres just give up. DRS works everywhere but doesn't give you much of an advantage after some testing and the chances of loosing grip in high speed corners is even higher.

Haven't tested the P1's tyres yet with the X2 tyre wear we use but it will probably be quite a challenge to drive.
I only tested in timetrail where your tires dont wear off. I will let the car surprise me. For me the immersion factor (thats what I am looking for most in Simracing) is the best in the closed, beautiful moddeld P1. And he, its November, cabrio’s are stored now :)

I skipped that one after a few laps, Was significantly slower but also not at al close to the limit. Liked the P1 better and focussed on that one. But if @The Almighty Snark is correct and the P1 tyres collapse after a few laps. Then the Hotlap speed will be quite irrelevant. Tonight will prove what is the better choise. Anyone else tried this class in Timertrail yet?

I was, or would have been around 1.5second slower with the Duratec turbo in time trial default setups.
The default duratec understeers more than P1. Haven’t tried P1 tire wear.

P1 DRS seems to make more difference at the higher gears straight line speed and not much at lower speed straights

Last edited:
@all. I made ****up with timing and adjsuted it. We will start at 19:30 UTC so 20:30 CET.
So one hour later then previously mentioned. I would have been at dinnertable at that time :)

if @The Almighty Snark is correct and the P1 tyres collapse after a few laps. Then the Hotlap speed will be quite irrelevant. Tonight will prove what is the better choise. Anyone else tried this class in Timertrail yet?

Did a 15 lap race last night at Brands Hatch against the AI and the P1 was significantly slower for what it's worth. Top speed is lower for the P1. I think it can win on the corner exits at best.

Great combo @Guido Trampe! Enjoyed racing both cars as they had very different characteristics, but my times were pretty similar between the two in the end. Tried my best to catch @Munkyboo, but you were just way more consistent than me.

Sorry for going wide and probably breaking your rhythm @The Almighty Snark - if you don't get on the power early enough in that MRX it doesn't half punish you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back