LM24 2019: Shoutout From Le Mans - RD Community on Tour..

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Le Mans moments.jpg

RaceDepartment member and trackside at the Circuit de la Sarthe for LM24? Cool, give us a shout out!

If you are one of the hundreds of thousands of lucky spectators currently watching the great race from trackside at the Circuit de la Sarthe - we want to hear from you..!

Drop us a comment, post us a picture and just generally make us all feel a little bit envious that you are watching in person one of the greatest spectacles of motorsport in the whole world.

Come one, share that Le Mans love and let us know how much fun you are having :)

For those of us less fortunate and stuck watching the race at home or on mobile, send a picture anyway and share with us your race day excitement!

Don't forget to check out our full Le Mans 2018 LIVE STREAM coverage of the big race. Join in and discuss the big event, share the experience with your fellow fans and sit back and relax for 24 hours of endurance sprint racing fun!

For more news from the motorsport world be sure to check out the Motorsport Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment - Join in the discussion today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

No pictures, its best for everyone. But I'm here, home in Finland and watch LMans from Eurosport 1, Finnish announcers went on night break at 24.00 and they're back at 08.00, so it's english studio now.

Thinking that I try to watch whole race, some bratwurst/eggs(not everytime) and coffee every few hours, lets see how it goes. Otherwise I'm on summer holiday now, back to work on July 8(but other holiday later in August).

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
How's it going folks?

Still going strong here! 2.36am in the UK, feeling half fresh still and looking forward to the next 11hr 24 mins of racing!

Been a chuffing epic race so far I think - fights everywhere and I must say kudos to the commentators on Eurosport.. as always bang on job, entertaining and sometimes irrelevant chat, but loving every second. Hydrogen car chat very interesting indeed..

Anyway back to the racing - LE MANS IS AWESOME!

Hope everyone is enjoying the racing?

I'm quite a few beers in watching at home. Had a nice evening so far, some mates round, bit of time on the rig, takeaway curry, cigars. Good times. Everyone has gone home / gone to bed now, so I'm settling down to stay awake for the next 13 or so hours...

View attachment 310710
Who else is enjoying the racing?

"Quite a few beers in" and "stay awake for the next 13 hours" is usually mutually exclusive for me! Anyone want to bet he's asleep on the couch by now??? :D

My thoughts echo yours Paul

I must admit the 2 older fellas commentating on this stint tend to waffle alot more, and id like to see them stay onboard a little longer than they seem to be doing with the camera work, but so far so good

I dont remember this many yellows and crash outs last year but its made for some great viewing.

EDIT. Kudos to them for mentioning the ford vs ferrari film. That and joker are the only two films im looking forward to this year.

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
I liked the chat about the Hydrogen technology, got me to look up the LMP3. Pretty cool stuff.

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
They brought up personal choices for beautiful cars of LeMans on the broadcast
Here are a few of mine. What are yours?
bentley-at-le-mans-628.jpg

toyota_gtone8.jpg

dsc_5847web.jpg

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Just when I was thinking wow pastor Maldonado is doing alright and then boom classic Pastor

hahaha

It's a bit much to hope PM can hold it together long enough to stay on track for an endurance race!

Still up.. dropped off about 5am for almost an hour, but back in the game now and raring to go (ok not raring maybe, I'm seriously tired now)!

Jivesauce

Premium
Well Le Mans comes once a year and I was all excited to watch, and a tornado touches down 0.6 miles (just under 1 km) from my house and I’ve been without power for going on 7 hours now. It’s hard not to feel like it was a personal attack on me at this point :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000