LM24 2019: Shoutout From Le Mans - RD Community on Tour..

I watched roughly the first 12 hours of racing but I had 4 hours of sleep so got to bed at 2:10am got up at around 6:28am so only missed 4 hours 18 minutes of the race but I have been watching it ever since and I would normally have my timing screen open that timing 71wytham site open but it was hit by a Cease and Desist order from none other than the ACO, I 100% understand the reasoning behind it but I have found a get around for that and I have left that running (yes I have chrome but the perks of 32GB of memory is good when you can leave a dozen tabs open and not care)

I am pleased to say I have done my 4 years of service to Le Mans 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 I want to return for 2020 when the LMP1-Hypercars are there to see the Aston Martin Valkyrie LMP1-Hyper is there and ready for war on Toyota :p

It would be nice if we did not have to mute half the announcers conversations. They stutter so bad it is very hard to listen. I can not believe they won't pay enough for good announcers that you can understand..

It does look a bit contrived but why would they do it? I hope it was a genuine mistake and there was nothing untoward going on.
It's all about money. Why Toyota put such a enormous amount of money into a competition, which in LMP1 isn't really a competition? Driving with 2 cars around for 24 hours, paying a huge amount of money for an ex f1 champion to see him in 2nd place? Sounds simply better " Former F1 World Champion won Le Mans 24 hours in a Toyota".
Come on .... mistake .... , even in a cheap honda street car the display tells you which tyre is low on pressure, and a 1 Million race car hasn't this technology, but they know exactly the blood pressure of the driver in every turn?
I don't believe in Santa Claus, and even less in a clean fair sport anymore.

Remember they did this last year at the end of the race aswell when they told the #7 Toyota that they had enough fuel for one more lap. Guess what. They hadn't and so the #7 crawled around for half the lap only to get overtaken by the number #8, or lets just call it the "Alonso Toyota".

The fact that there is basically no threat from any car on the track at all leaves little margin to believe that those "mistakes" (both 2018 and the one today) came out of pressure from another team. Hell, they even could've changed all 4 tires on the #7 just to be safe. I mean they had a 2 minute 40 seconds lead over the #8 and (thanks to EoT) a slight gap of only 4 laps to the next P1.

The fact that this happened for the second year now is just a disgrace.
You can not talk down to Toyota for staying in WEC when everybody else is leaving the P1H class, but you can talk down to them when they let the car win which wasn't in the winning position by some shady pit wall tactics at the end of the race.

Toyota, for me, you're DENSO.

cheers

The fact that this happened for the second year now is just a disgrace.
You can not talk down to Toyota for staying in WEC when everybody else is leaving the P1H class, but you can talk down to them when they let the car win which wasn't in the winning position by some shady pit wall tactics at the end of the race.

Toyota, for me, you're DENSO.

cheers
Well, the mistake is at Alonso, he's a pussy. He does everything to stay on the top of the podium. You could imagine a Senna or Schumacher, Massa, Andretti, Lauda, Maas, Stuck, only to name a couple would had allowed that their sport get abused and disgraced in this way? A Senna would have stopped the car in front of the finish line, would have left the car and had stuck a finger to the box or swapped the position at the podium, visble for everybody.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years