rF2 LIVE STREAM: Studio 397 GTE @ Interlagos - Fri 10Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
With a lot of grief, I think that this Friday and some more I will not be able to attend, the holidays and the family is what they have. :cautious:

Anyway, I will do everything possible to watch the live broadcast and at least somehow try to enjoy watching it from the sidelines. ;)

Greetings to all

With a lot of grief, I think that this Friday and some more I will not be able to attend, the holidays and the family is what they have. :cautious:

Anyway, I will do everything possible to watch the live broadcast and at least somehow try to enjoy watching it from the sidelines. ;)

Greetings to all
I'm sorry to hear that mate, but not a problem. I hope that you enjoy your holiday! :cool: And we look forward to seeing you again upon your return. :)

Hi, please sign me in, C7.r ! but I have questions:

- We have mandatory pit stop here?
- I have to put my real name on rF2 like on RaceRoom? because my profile in rF2 is not with my name :(

Hi, please sign me in, C7.r ! but I have questions:

- We have mandatory pit stop here?
- I have to put my real name on rF2 like on RaceRoom? because my profile in rF2 is not with my name :(
I have added you to the list! :thumbsup: To answer your questions:
  • No, there will not be a mandatory pit stop
  • Yes, you must use your real name while on the server. You can change your name via the rFactor 2 Launcher - follow the steps below:
    1. Open the rFactor 2 launcher
    2. Click on your account name in the top-right corner
    3. Edit the orange coloured fields (first name and last name)
    4. Click on the 'Save Edits' button
If the above steps do not work then there is a slightly more involved method... go to the rFactor AppData folder, the path for which will typically be 'AppData\Roaming\.rFactor'. In here you will find a file called 'rfactor.name' - open this file using a program like Notepad, and edit all three lines (first name, last name, and nickname). Save and close the file, right-click on the file and select 'Properties', ensure that the 'Read-only' field is checked under the 'General' table (select it if not), and select the 'OK' button. Finally, open your 'player.JSON' file, which will typically be in your '<rF2_install>\UserData\player' directory, and edit the two properties "Player Name" (first name and last name) & "Player Nick" (nickname), before saving and closing the file. When making these changes make sure that the game is NOT running, else they will be overwritten with the original values when the game is closed.

Last edited:
I have added you to the list! :thumbsup: To answer your questions:
  • No, there will not be a mandatory pit stop
  • Yes, you must use your real name while on the server. You can change your name via the rFactor 2 Launcher - follow the steps below:
    1. Open the rFactor 2 launcher
    2. Click on your account name in the top-right corner
    3. Edit the orange coloured fields (first name and last name)
    4. Click on the 'Save Edits' button
If the above steps do not work then there is a slightly more involved method... go to the rFactor AppData folder, the path for which will typically be 'AppData\Roaming\.rFactor'. In here you will find a file called 'rfactor.name' - open this file using a program like Notepad, and edit all three lines (first name, last name, and nickname). Save and close the file, right-click on the file and select 'Properties', ensure that the 'Read-only' field is checked under the 'General' table (select it if not), and select the 'OK' button. Finally, open your 'player.JSON' file, which will typically be in your '<rF2_install>\UserData\player' directory, and edit the two properties "Player Name" (first name and last name) & "Player Nick" (nickname), before saving and closing the file. When making these changes make sure that the game is NOT running, else they will be overwritten with the original values when the game is closed.

Hi Daiman, ok thanks for the help, will try this night!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back