rF2 LIVE STREAM: Studio 397 GTE @ Interlagos - Fri 10Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry i was late, problems with windows and drivers nvidia, all the afternoon trying fix it, i would need a few minutes more.:mad:
No need to apologise mate. We have also been experiencing "technical" issues, however these were of my own making... :redface: We hope to see you again for next week's race, by which time your issues will hopefully have been resolved. :)

No need to apologise mate. We have also been experiencing "technical" issues, however these were of my own making... :redface: We hope to see you again for next week's race, by which time your issues will hopefully have been resolved. :)
Did you figure out what was causing the issues? Asking because you said it was "you own making"

Did you figure out what was causing the issues? Asking because you said it was "you own making"
Yup, I was eventually able to figure out what caused the problem because it also occurred after I had changed the track and restarted the server. :redface: I will post an explanation in a moment. Apologies again. :unsure:

Right guys, I hold my hands up - this evening was a total disaster (to begin with at least), and the issue, with people constantly being kicked from the server, was entirely my fault. :redface: It was completely accidental, and not something that I had expected, nevertheless I am to blame for all of the trouble; there were no problems with the track, the server, clients, or memory usage, as I had initially suspected. :whistling:

The real cause of the issue was the live timing tool that I had running in the background, for final testing in preparation for tomorrow's Bathurst 1000GT event. The application is "clever" enough to detect when there are duplicate cars, i.e. more than one car from the same team, on the server at the same time, and the duplicate car is automatically kicked. Therefore, as soon as a driver joined the server with exactly the same car (i.e. the same team and car number) as another driver on the server, the driver already on the server would be kicked as a result of a command sent by the live timing application to the server. This is to ensure that there is only a single car from each team on the server at any one time.

It is a good job that I discovered this caveat today, before the actual race, because this hidden feature could potentially have wreaked havoc. However, I am terribly sorry that it ruined an evening of racing for many of you. :unsure: I promise that it will not happen again next time, and I can also assure those who are taking part in tomorrow's event that it will not happen again because I have found a means to prevent it from occurring.

Given all of the trouble that we have had this evening, the race at Sebring International Raceway will now be rescheduled for two week's time - Friday 24th August 2018. Another event thread shall be created next week. In the meantime we hope to see you again next Friday for the Studio 397 GTE race at Monza, where we will definitely not see a repeat of today's problems. You can sign-up for this event here.

Finally, I would like to once again apologise for the issues that occurred this evening.

No worries @Daiman Patel , these things happen :)

But were all the issues related to the live timing app/plugin? Did the "no duplicate cars" feature jos cause random issues for clients trying to join? I know of at least three kind of issue appearing tonight:
- people being kicked out
- error installing the mod
- package not available

But were all the issues related to the live timing app/plugin? Did the "no duplicate cars" feature jos cause random issues for clients trying to join? I know of at least three kind of issue appearing tonight:
- package not available
If you have issues with thr package not available message, what you have to do is unsubscribe the cars (or the track), close steam and rfactor, reopen steam, resubscribe to the items and launch rfactor again.
This worked for me, as it did not update the cars to the latest version by itself.
You find the items by going to My Inventory in steam.

- package not available
First of all, thank you for being so understanding - and that goes for everyone who was online on Friday night! :) You definitely helped a rather stressful situation fell like nothing more than a blip. :whistling: As I said before, however, it will not happen again. The live timing application actually seemed to work quite well during the Bathurst 1000GT race, so I'm glad that I tested it beforehand! :p

To answer your question @Tero Dahlberg - no, not all of the issues were related to the live timing application. People being kicked from the server was definitely related - in fact, this was a direct result of the live timing tool. :redface: The "package not available" error is typically caused by an inability to download a required component via GetMod, therefore one or more of the resources must have been out of date, and the server mod could not be installed. As for the error when installing the mod, I am not sure what the cause of this would have been... can you remember what the error message said? :rolleyes:

The "package not available" error is typically caused by an inability to download a required component via GetMod, therefore one or more of the resources must have been out of date, and the server mod could not be installed. As for the error when installing the mod, I am not sure what the cause of this would have been... can you remember what the error message said? :rolleyes:
Yeah I know these two are typically the above. I was just wondering if the live timing could've caused some "havoc" beyond what you had set it to do.

It just said to try installing the mod manually. That's all. I think this also messed up my Sebring DLC install somehow. OIr could've been unrelated, dunno at all really. Anyway the game refused to verify it properly and thus it wasn't visible in-game. There was a copy of the v1.01 folder under Sebring folder. Not until I removed that and the other v1.01 folder was this sorted out.

Yeah I know these two are typically the above. I was just wondering if the live timing could've caused some "havoc" beyond what you had set it to do.
Ah right, my apologies! :redface: Now I get you though, and I can confirm that the live timing would not have caused any of the other problems related to installing the server mod. :whistling:

It just said to try installing the mod manually. That's all. I think this also messed up my Sebring DLC install somehow. OIr could've been unrelated, dunno at all really. Anyway the game refused to verify it properly and thus it wasn't visible in-game. There was a copy of the v1.01 folder under Sebring folder. Not until I removed that and the other v1.01 folder was this sorted out.
Hmmm, that's very strange... :O_o: Can't say I have ever seen that error before. It sounds like the installation of the track might have become corrupt at some point. This could potentially have been caused by the server mod, but I did not see any other reports of this happening which is quite strange. Clearly something got itself into a weird state. I'm glad to hear that you figured out the problem - now you will hopefully be able to join us for the Sebring race next time! ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%