rF2 Live Stream: Studio 397 GTE @ Hockenheimring - Fri 27Jul18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My game is crashing every 10 - 15 minutes. With a computer reinstall on Sunday, and the fact I have been playing rF2 most of the day, I don't know why its crashing now. It might be something wrong with my spec cameras and the server. I will try once more, but if it crashes before the start of qualifying, I would appreciate a suggestion otherwise I will have to cancel this weeks stream and come back next week, in full force.

Please let me know anything that may be the issue. I only have one external plugin installed (the overlay plugin which I was running for months previous to my reinstall). Only 6 apps installed and 5 games, so nothing to play around with rF2 files. Like I said, I've been playing it all day on singleplayer without issues.

Cheers for any help, and if I can't get it sorted, I sincerely apologise, and hope it is just the circuit so I can get back to you next week, because these events are my favourite of the week.

@Daiman Patel I might have to miss out, mate. Didn't realise I hadn't downloaded the endurance pack yet. It's downloading right now but not sure if it will finish doing that before the race. I am in if it does finish

Sign me up please:)
Can I sign up please.
Porsche 911...
please sign me up :)
Sign me up, please.
Sign me up with Corvette, please.
You have all been added to the list! :D

My game is crashing every 10 - 15 minutes. With a computer reinstall on Sunday, and the fact I have been playing rF2 most of the day, I don't know why its crashing now. It might be something wrong with my spec cameras and the server. I will try once more, but if it crashes before the start of qualifying, I would appreciate a suggestion otherwise I will have to cancel this weeks stream and come back next week, in full force.

Please let me know anything that may be the issue. I only have one external plugin installed (the overlay plugin which I was running for months previous to my reinstall). Only 6 apps installed and 5 games, so nothing to play around with rF2 files. Like I said, I've been playing it all day on singleplayer without issues.

Cheers for any help, and if I can't get it sorted, I sincerely apologise, and hope it is just the circuit so I can get back to you next week, because these events are my favourite of the week.
No idea what the problem could be unfortunately. There are no issues with the server, as far as I'm aware, and the track seems to be working fine. I would suggest enabling logging, and checking the trace file.

@Daiman Patel I might have to miss out, mate. Didn't realise I hadn't downloaded the endurance pack yet. It's downloading right now but not sure if it will finish doing that before the race. I am in if it does finish
I shall keep you on the list, but change you to a "maybe". Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully the download will finish in time for the event. :rolleyes:

Balls. . I ain't gonna make it. Just leaving my parents now and I'm 70 mins away from my pc..have fun guys !
Not to worry mate. Hopefully we shall see you next week! :)

@Joseph Wright I might only suggest the usuals:
  1. Go to ...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log and empty both the ''CBash" and "Shaders" (delete the files inside but keep the folders themeselves!)
  2. Verify the files in Steam (in Library section, right-click on rF2, select Properties from the menu, then the Local files tab and click on Verify integrity of game files.
  3. Make a new profile as a last chance maybe?
Try in this order and hopefully it will solve your issue! To bad otherwise, your streams are nice: I ended up watching the one from last week from start to finish!

1. Go to ...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log and empty both the ''CBash" and "Shaders" (delete the files inside but keep the folders themeselves!)
  2. Verify the files in Steam (in Library section, right-click on rF2, select Properties from the menu, then the Local files tab and click on Verify integrity of game files.
Try in this order and hopefully it will solve your issue! To bad otherwise, your streams are nice: I ended up watching the one from last week from start to finish!
Thank you so much alex. Looks like it's all stable now. I will start the stream ONCE qualy commences, and not during practice, just in case. See you guys on my screen I guess. Good luck all, and thanks Alex :inlove:

Great suggestions, all of which completely slipped my mind! :redface: It is way too hot... :laugh:

Fun but disappointing race. Spun twice trying to find grip offline where it felt like ice, and once when I caught a kerb in a very odd way that caused the car to snap round. And also, probably the only reason my race didn't end in a steaming wreck from someone (who shall remain nameless) making wild divebombing moves was because I saw them screeching down my inside with front tyres locked in the mirror, and turned away from the apex to let them pile through. That's not how you do an overtake! You're very lucky I was paying attention, and that it was just a fun event so I didn't really care about letting you go....

Couldn't practice too much before race as I had one windows process going out of hand with CPU usage, which made rF2 unplayable at times. So I'm pretty happy with quali result.

Start of race was fine, but 15-20min in I started to slide so much. Probably overcooked tires, although readings didn't indicated that. I need to do some more testing before next one, to understand those cars more.

Hot, tough, bumpy, slippery. I wasn't prepared for this.
I swear this track has the same kerbs as Nordschleife.
Gongratulations for drivers who drove a solid race.

Good racing from most with who I was battling out with. I want to apologise to @Radek Pawlaczek (I believe it was you Radek anyway) for what looked like a very desperate lunge going in to the hairpin on the back straight. I actually missed my breaking point and did the best I could to avoid taking you out. The only way I saw I could do that was to dive down the inside before you turned in, and I could then slow the car down enough on the run off area. I think there was light contact but nothing too serious. Either way, sorry.

Other than that, not a bad race for myself. Still need to remove a bit of the old rust to get back to the pace I used to have, but it will get there.

See you all next week. :thumbsup:

Had a decent race. Apologies @Jay Cooper17 for bump at hairpin L4. I missed my braking point. Luckily you gathered it but lost a position. Nice battle @Jenda2cz - sorry for few bumps - think you turned in on me but all good. Commis @Pauli Ahonen - looked like the car in front got on the curb and slid into you. Bad luck.

For some reason I thought this was a 45 min race. Under-fuelled and only realized with 5 mins to go I needed to fuel save. Ran out just before the finish line! Congrats winner + podium. Thx all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back