rF2 Live Stream: Studio 397 GTE @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Fri 20Jul18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nice way to start my (sadly temporary) RaceDepartment comeback. Some great racing with multiple drivers that was never felt unfair. Seems like there was some suicidal backmarkering in places but I didn't personally fall victim to it.

Have totally fallen in love with this M8, it's a dream to drive. What wasn't a dream, was that I ended up being very tight on fuel and wouldn't have made one more lap, so even in the dying embers of the race when one big, final push might have made it past Jacobs, I wasn't really able to as I was loathe to push at all as my quick maths was not in my favour and I didn't want the embarrassment of running out in sight of the finish. I also did the race with virtually no FFB due to my T300 either starting to break or overheating badly and I was having a hell of a time keeping the rear end in check on the bumps. I was leaving a lot of time on the table compared to practice from not having the confidence to push at certain points on track.

Although I can't blame the FFB for when I spun off twice trying to go around the outside of people at T8. Being too optimistic for the level of grip that existed out there. Fool me once etc etc

@Valrys Personally i think that M8 is overpowered, at least for these sprint races. My Porsche had fuel for laps when finishing the race so that might even things out in 6-24 hour races. Call me sellout but if it shows to be faster next week i'm changing to it.
Also that T300 is notorious for it's various breaking parts. I've owned 2...

@Valrys Personally i think that M8 is overpowered, at least for these sprint races. My Porsche had fuel for laps when finishing the race so that might even things out in 6-24 hour races. Call me sellout but if it shows to be faster next week i'm changing to it.
Also that T300 is notorious for it's various breaking parts. I've owned 2...
Were you running Race-Lean or Race? I was running Race-Lean for most of the race and short shifting quite aggressively running a better fuel economy than I'd managed to get in practice and I was still quite close.....

Had my T300 for almost three years with no trouble, guess it's time for it to break. Hasn't half got some timing, as I ordered a new wheel earlier today, I guess this is it having a sulk about being cheated on.

Were you running Race-Lean or Race? I was running Race-Lean for most of the race and short shifting quite aggressively running a better fuel economy than I'd managed to get in practice and I was still quite close.....
Most of the race on "quali", started on "race".
My fuel consumption only went down a bit on the race as tires started to wear and smoother input was required.

Most of the race on "quali", started on "race".
My fuel consumption only went down a bit on the race as tires started to wear and smoother input was required.
To be honest then, that sounds like a situation where if you'd had the time to calculate some exact fuel numbers pre-race, you could have taken a bunch of fuel out of the tank and gained some extra pace. M8 had to run the tank from full down to basically dry while fuel saving like mad to not make a pitstop, doesn't sound like the Porsche was the same.

What a race, that was something! Yes, the Porsche might be a bit less thirsty: I ran race-lean all the time, switched to qual mixture for the last 3 laps as I had plenty of fuel left… and a @s73 getting larger and larger in my mirrors! Driving slow might help with fuel tho…:)

@Chark I hope I did not bother you, holding you for so long! You were clearly faster but I didn't want to just give the spot… You just disappeared after the pass! :D

Congrats for the win @Luka Berk, well done once again! :thumbsup:

Okay just been bought to my attention I may have a pretty weird bug

It seems all custom skins are just loading as whatever car I join the server as, so that's why I thought there was heaps of #4 C7s on my screen Jose was a 4 C7 turns out he was BMW. Goes great with the screen freezes :cry: might be time for a fresh install.

To be honest then, that sounds like a situation where if you'd had the time to calculate some exact fuel numbers pre-race, you could have taken a bunch of fuel out of the tank and gained some extra pace. M8 had to run the tank from full down to basically dry while fuel saving like mad to not make a pit stop, doesn't sound like the Porsche was the same.
I hope that shows to gain some speed for the next race so i can keep on racing my favorite of the three.

Great race all. Congrats @Luka Berk + podium. Had some nice battles - but was always me defending. Ran softs tyres but kept locking my right-front - it was down to 18 by the finish (my left-front was a healthy 55!). Looked like a T5 finish was possible at one point but my pace fell off a cliff towards the end. I ran the whole race in Race Lean mode and ended up with 0.33 gallons left - less than a lap. Really enjoyable race - and I didn't get lapped!! Cheers all.

First time at Mosport ever. Not a great race for me, but somehow still great fun. Several spins, which cost me a lot of time. Had to go to pits two times for repairs, and both times I didn't manage to brake enough before the line and got penalty. Despite this, I somehow still ended up in P21 (out of 33), which is more than I was expecting.

Apologies if I caused any trouble to anyone, and special apologies to @avenger82 who didn't manage to avoid me when I was stuck almost on the racing line after a spin in T1, trying to start my engine again to get out of the way. Yeah, I know, I should've warned people on TS I'm there, but I always remember way too late :(

After the race, I finally tested the other two GTE cars, and I think I understand why the Corvette is not very popular - they seem quite a lot easier to drive, at least to me.

My first time racing at this track and only 45 mins to get the car balanced to my liking, which is only my second time driving the Porsche. I ran mediums as I found softs struggle after 15 mins or so. Full tank in quali mode for the whole race and had about 5 litres left, I will have to experiment with fuel mixes but also want to try the other cars but love how the Porsche feels in a flowing track like this. Good race @alexSchmurtz. I should have been able to manage that gap but a few mistakes let you in, and had worked out which corners I was weak and the corners I was strong. Having blue flag scuppered my plans but great race. My T8 overtake round the outside of @Gasper Zupan was the highlight of my race

Well, what can I say... yet another fantastic race! :D I had an absolute blast, even though I found myself mowing the grass or visiting the wall on a few too many occasions. :whistling: Thank you to all of you who took part last night, and congratulations to the top 3 as well as those who were able to make it to the end.

Much to my relief, given the length of the circuit and the race, there were fewer problems than I had expected, so (without meaning to sound patronising) well done to all of you for keeping it clean on the whole. There were certainly a handful of incidents, which were mainly the result of inexperience as well as poor decision making at times, but thankfully nothing major (as far as I am aware). Hopefully over time, as drivers (including myself) gain confidence and experience, we shall start to see fewer issues.

While I am on the point of incidents, I would like to apologise to @PurgerUK for driving slowly through Quebec Corner during the qualifying session and causing you to spin - my tyres were still cold, so I was struggling to get the car around the corner and had nowhere to go. Also, sorry to the driver that hit me at Clayton Corner during the race - I spun and thought it would be best to wait until you had passed before trying to get the car back in the right direction, but I guess you didn't see me until the very last moment. :redface: Finally, apologies to @Shawn Jacobs for the incidents during the practice session - I was still trying to get to grips with the car and the circuit. :unsure: I promise to try and stay out of trouble more next time. :rolleyes:

Last but not least, I would like to thank @Joseph Wright for once again doing an absolutely fantastic job with the broadcast! ;) Smashing work mate - I think the viewing figures from last night speak for themselves! :p This was probably all of your fans tuning in to listen to your commentary - they were probably suffering with withdrawal symptoms as a result of there being no live stream last week! :laugh: And even if there was a bit of a lull midway through the race I'm sure that you would still have made it sound exciting! :x3:

Next week we shall be leaving the Americas for Europe, as we travel to another circuit at which we have not raced in a long time - Hockenheimring. If you haven't done so already, sign-up for this event here! We look forward to seeing you all on track again very soon! For now though, enjoy your weekends! :cool:

Very dissapointed with my race, involved in various collisions... but finally I finished the race. I have many things to learn on this... so thank you guys for doing this possible and sorry for my mistakes. After all... it has been very exciting.
Thank you RaceDepartment for the amazing Twitch broadcast!
Congratulations on finishing the race! :) I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself, in spite of the incidents - it's all part of the learning process - and I hope to race with you again soon!

Okay just been bought to my attention I may have a pretty weird bug

It seems all custom skins are just loading as whatever car I join the server as, so that's why I thought there was heaps of #4 C7s on my screen Jose was a 4 C7 turns out he was BMW. Goes great with the screen freezes :cry: might be time for a fresh install.
That sounds incredibly strange - I have never heard of such a problem! :O_o: I hope that you are able to resolve your issues with the game. :geek:

Hi guys, the truth is that it has been a very good combination of mod, track, in which I on my part enjoy a lot and it also comes very well to get to know the mod better.

The qualy was very tight, in the end I joined a bit the luck and I could get the pole, I think for a few thousand.:cool:

Then in the race also a lot of fun, pulling hard but trying to learn how to manage the tires
There was a moment when seeing Luca sneak into a curve I took advantage of the interior, at that moment I lost it completely from the sight of the exit of the curve I noticed a contact but I did not know well where, I think that we are as hooked and the Direccion did not obey me at all, they were a few eternal seconds, with the bad luck that in the end I was against the wall.
Then to keep pulling hard and I continued to have fun trying to cut the difference somewhat.

Congratulate Luka who completed a very good race with a very strong rhythm, to all the brave people who gathered here today, and of course to the organization.:thumbsup:

I said, a couple of fun hours, I had a very good time greetings friends :)

PD: A great broadcast, very good work :thumbsup:

@Chark I hope I did not bother you, holding you for so long! You were clearly faster but I didn't want to just give the spot… You just disappeared after the pass! :D
Not at all mate! On the contrary, you've done exactly what you were supposed to: fight on track! I felt like it was a really enjoyable battle, I was trying to find an opening but you were defending well, and most importantly, in a really clean manner. :thumbsup:

It was a fun combo, and even though we had a huge grid, I think the driving standards were pretty good. While we wait for the next event, here are some shots of the race!

GTE_Mosport_BMW.jpg

GTE_Mosport_Porsche_Pink_Pig.jpg

GTE_Mosport_Grid.jpg

GTE_Mosport_Porsches.jpg

GTE_Mosport_BMW_Marlboro.jpg

I'll see you guys next time.

I too feel the Porsche is lacking a bit of raw pace. And looking at IMSA GTLM events for example it should be right up there with the others.

A bit gutted that I was just way too tired to do the race last night as it looks like it was an entertaining one! Though quite a lot of contact and some less than ideal decisions from backmarkers when getting lapped.

Also I'm still looking forward to do a longer race in the Porsche. I will stick with it as I am a Porsche guy and I also like underdogs.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.