rF2 Live Stream: Studio 397 GTE @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Fri 20Jul18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Can you sign me out? I'll be out, I'm sorry Daiman, and I just saw that my premium account expired, all backwards :mad::thumbsup:
No need to apologise mate. :) It is a shame that you will not be able to join us tomorrow evening, but we hope to see you again next week. :thumbsup: I shall remove you from the list.

I did some testing and the fuel prediction is way off. In the Porsche the tank limit is 23.8 gallons (60 laps) - but I'm consuming 0.53 in Quali mode, 0.52 in Race mode, 0.51 in Race Lean mode (45-46laps). I think it's possible to do the whole race without refuelling - but will need some fuel-saving.

I did some testing and the fuel prediction is way off. In the Porsche the tank limit is 23.8 gallons (60 laps) - but I'm consuming 0.53 in Quali mode, 0.52 in Race mode, 0.51 in Race Lean mode (45-46laps). I think it's possible to do the whole race without refuelling - but will need some fuel-saving.
Good to know, I'm looking at the exact same thing now, I just got 46 laps on Race lean with some fuel saving, will need to do a bit more to make the 47 possibly 48 laps it will be, then warm up lap on top of it. going to make for an interesting race! At least it sounds like the Vette and Porsche are in the same boat, hopefully the bmw is the same too.

Has anyone done any longer stint tests? For me the suit tire seems to have so minimal wear after 10
Good to know, I'm looking at the exact same thing now, I just got 46 laps on Race lean with some fuel saving, will need to do a bit more to make the 47 possibly 48 laps it will be, then warm up lap on top of it. going to make for an interesting race! At least it sounds like the Vette and Porsche are in the same boat, hopefully the bmw is the same too.
How did the tires for you guys behave?
I did some short tests only because I did not have any time and noticed that the wear was minimal even on the soft ones. 10 laps gave me like 10% wear... however once the soft and also the medium tires were mistreated (spin or one a few laps of pushing) they were useless and times would drop so much.
Will they come back if you back off a lot? Are the mediums better? Also, why would you need the hard tire with so little wear?
If someone has time to answer it would be great so we don't go blind into the race. :cool:

Anyone sharing setups? ;)
Pit stop mandatory?
Some tips for a noob regarding fuel and tyre wear? (short stint best lap: 1:16:639)

It's my first race and I think I'm not considering some aspects that you are already familiar with! :confused:
Good luck you all... I will try to survive! :laugh:

Anyone sharing setups? ;)
Pit stop mandatory?
Some tips for a noob regarding fuel and tyre wear? (short stint best lap: 1:16:639)

It's my first race and I think I'm not considering some aspects that you are already familiar with! :confused:
Good luck you all... I will try to survive! :laugh:
There will be plenty of people sharing setups this evening, no doubt! :thumbsup:

There will be no mandatory pit-stop, but it is possible that some drivers may need to make a stop depending on their setup and strategy.

I, and others I am sure, will be happy to help you tonight to ensure that you know anything you need to know. :)

Has anyone done any longer stint tests? For me the suit tire seems to have so minimal wear after 10

How did the tires for you guys behave?
I did some short tests only because I did not have any time and noticed that the wear was minimal even on the soft ones. 10 laps gave me like 10% wear... however once the soft and also the medium tires were mistreated (spin or one a few laps of pushing) they were useless and times would drop so much.
Will they come back if you back off a lot? Are the mediums better? Also, why would you need the hard tire with so little wear?
If someone has time to answer it would be great so we don't go blind into the race. :cool:
I've actually struggled a lot adjusting to the tyres on these cars compared to urd, enduracers etc.

10 laps seems to be my sweet spot, after that the car kept get quite loose so I've had to tweak setup and driving style to prepare for this, I still drop a bit of pace over the stint but with more practice in these cars it seems to be getting more manageable. I did notice as fuel burnt of my pace was pretty consistent after the initial drop off.

It definitely seems to be a case of how you treat them more then just straight forward percentage loss of wear, a lot more pressure sensitive I'm guessing, gone are the days of just setting to minimum and going for it.

Fron what I've seen if you do cook them, give it a bit of time taking it easy and getting temps and pressures back under control and they will hopefully stabilise.

Hards will likely be the most used tyre in endurance racing, pace wise they don't seem to far off the mediums but if they last just a bit longer then mediums, teams will definitely double stint them (not needed for this race)

Hopefully this is helpful.

It definitely seems to be a case of how you treat them more then just straight forward percentage loss of wear, a lot more pressure sensitive I'm guessing, gone are the days of just setting to minimum and going for it.
Thanks Shawn. I guess I have to look into setting tires up now. Hope to find time before the race to do it. Otherwise I will end up ice skating for the last 40 minutes. :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%