little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Hi all,

Just a little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Wasn't sure whether to do this or not as "mud slinging" is not my scene. But after what i have went through and times being what they are financially wise, i thought it best just to alert the good people on here about this company.

I ordered a rig in May and was told after an email inquiring about delivery times that it would be 7 - 10 days.

Well after countless lies from the company including 3 bogus tracking numbers and trying to shift the blame onto everything and everyone else for not getting my order, i cancelled and requested a refund. Which was met with an email saying your rig is getting shipped tomorrow which was about the 8th time i had heard that. So i emailed back asking for a tracking number to prove that it was ready to be shipped and got one. Only problem was, after a live chat to TNT, the tracking number turned out -again - to be completely made up.

I mean, what company or person would do that??

I am now in the process of legal action to get my money back as the company just keeps fobbing me off with -

you have been refunded do you not have it?

Its not our fault its Stripes (an online payment company like paypal)

I have bank transferred the money you should have it now.

I will look into it and get back to you etc etc.....

Its been an absolute nightmare which, at a time like this, i'm sure anyone can do without.

I am sure there will be happy customers out there that ordered from Sim Rigs but i would imagine there will be a few in the same boat as me and for that reason i have decided to put this post up so as people can make up their own minds whether its worth the risk placing an order.

Hope this does not come across as sour grapes. I wish this post had been up the day before i decided to whack £600 down the drain!!!

Choose wisely folks!!

I had dealings with this guy. Bought some inverted V3 pedals back in July. Saw it on Facebook and within a couple of hours he had come to my house to drop them off , great deal for me and perfect service.
So he mentions he has a business and he sells rigs. I said I will probably look at getting one in august.
In the meantime he got in touch about a wheel rim as I must have mentioned I was looking for one for a dd wheel I was having delivered soon. So he says he has some , I go collect it from his house, again great service. I would have bought the rig the next month but the wheel he sold me was made in a way that it had to have some kind of adapter to change it from the hole pattern it had (50mm) to the 70mm hole pattern I told him I needed. My own fault for not checking before i took it. Anyway, I straight away messaged him on Facebook when I got home to tell him it would need an adapter and as he told me he had 200 of them I said I would assume they all need one. He said his supplier in Belgium would send some. That was the first lie, he then over the next few months kept me on the hook , supplier has sent it, must be lost , supplier has sent another to me, must be lost , he will get one for me , he will 3d print one etc etc etc
It’s probably lucky for me as I would have bought an Ali profile rig from him but got this nonsense. I send him a message every few days , he sends some voice message back with lies. I assume so he can’t be copied and pasted and posted in forums.
Anyway , I am looking for an adapter to go from the wheel rim to a 70mm 5 hole. I will post a pic of the wheel in case anyone can work out what I need as it seems to have been made in a strange way. The paddles are in the way so I can’t just put a normal circular adapter on.
View attachment 415638
I guess I was one of the lucky ones as I actually lived close enough to get most of what I paid for.
i can help you out if you havent sorted it already...

Upvote 0
I had dealings with this guy. Bought some inverted V3 pedals back in July. Saw it on Facebook and within a couple of hours he had come to my house to drop them off , great deal for me and perfect service.
So he mentions he has a business and he sells rigs. I said I will probably look at getting one in august.
In the meantime he got in touch about a wheel rim as I must have mentioned I was looking for one for a dd wheel I was having delivered soon. So he says he has some , I go collect it from his house, again great service. I would have bought the rig the next month but the wheel he sold me was made in a way that it had to have some kind of adapter to change it from the hole pattern it had (50mm) to the 70mm hole pattern I told him I needed. My own fault for not checking before i took it. Anyway, I straight away messaged him on Facebook when I got home to tell him it would need an adapter and as he told me he had 200 of them I said I would assume they all need one. He said his supplier in Belgium would send some. That was the first lie, he then over the next few months kept me on the hook , supplier has sent it, must be lost , supplier has sent another to me, must be lost , he will get one for me , he will 3d print one etc etc etc
It’s probably lucky for me as I would have bought an Ali profile rig from him but got this nonsense. I send him a message every few days , he sends some voice message back with lies. I assume so he can’t be copied and pasted and posted in forums.
Anyway , I am looking for an adapter to go from the wheel rim to a 70mm 5 hole. I will post a pic of the wheel in case anyone can work out what I need as it seems to have been made in a strange way. The paddles are in the way so I can’t just put a normal circular adapter on.
View attachment 415638
I guess I was one of the lucky ones as I actually lived close enough to get most of what I paid for.
I’m sure this PSE GT3 wheel I just bought is 50mm I used a SRM Fanatec emulator on it simracingmachines

Upvote 0
I thought I would add my last bit to the issue with Barry/James. He has now blocked me on Facebook messenger.

also looks like the site repeated a couple of the first screenshots and won't let me delete .. anyway , persevere and it's an amusing runaround!

1unnamed.jpg
1unnamed.jpg

I found it funny at the end , him bleating on like a victim in all this.
1unnamed.jpg
2unnamed.jpg
1unnamed.jpg
2unnamed.jpg
3unnamed.jpg
1unnamed.jpg
2unnamed.jpg
3unnamed.jpg
4unnamed.jpg
1unnamed.jpg
2unnamed.jpg
3unnamed.jpg
4unnamed.jpg
5unnamed.jpg
6unnamed.jpg
7unnamed.jpg
8unnamed.jpg
9unnamed.jpg
10unnamed.jpg

All the voice messages are just the usual bs ‘ it’s been sent’ ‘I will send one ‘ etc. Amazing as he must have sent about 10 things and not one arrived. I guess we have a terrible postal system

Last edited:
Upvote 0
with the 50mm part not being a full circle I am not sure am normal 50mm hole pattern adapter would work.
Hi,
Yes some different parts you can make to convert such plates over from 50-70mm etc,

the PSE GT3 I purchased was a 50mm spacer because its smaller the diameter you dont use say 6 bolts to mount it like the traditional 70mm ones you just use 3 which are offset,
both the Fanatec podium hub and the SRM fanatec emulator both carry the 50/70mm arrangements on the offset,
just depends on your budget the Fanatec gold podium one is around 180 euros I believe you would have to check on there website, I think the SRM version was around £110 and it works same as a standard QR,
when you plug it in my version shows a Formula Carbon rim connected I believe but great piece of kit,
I actually have both versions,
the gold Fanatec podium on my CSX2 formula wheel and the SRM on my PSE GT3 wheel both work fantastic with 0 issues and SRM is UK based also so you would get it much faster,
also you could look on RD as well and ask about these 2 items there maybe someone selling them off I do see them time and again on here. :)

1604343095640.png

£60 Sorry its a great buy tbh I must have been working it out to dollars and postage and imports in my mind to where I live.
1604343208982.png

these things depend on where you can thread the screws though my PSE GT3 wheel was very tight to mount the 50mm so have a good luck to what you need and where to mount it which direction the threads front or rear thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
Yes some different parts you can make to convert such plates over from 50-70mm etc,

the PSE GT3 I purchased was a 50mm spacer because its smaller the diameter you dont use say 6 bolts to mount it like the traditional 70mm ones you just use 3 which are offset,
both the Fanatec podium hub and the SRM fanatec emulator both carry the 50/70mm arrangements on the offset,
just depends on your budget the Fanatec gold podium one is around 180 euros I believe you would have to check on there website, I think the SRM version was around £110 and it works same as a standard QR,
when you plug it in my version shows a Formula Carbon rim connected I believe but great piece of kit,
I actually have both versions,
the gold Fanatec podium on my CSX2 formula wheel and the SRM on my PSE GT3 wheel both work fantastic with 0 issues and SRM is UK based also so you would get it much faster,
also you could look on RD as well and ask about these 2 items there maybe someone selling them off I do see them time and again on here. :)

View attachment 417462
£60 Sorry its a great buy tbh I must have been working it out to dollars and postage and imports in my mind to where I live.
View attachment 417463

these things depend on where you can thread the screws though my PSE GT3 wheel was very tight to mount the 50mm so have a good luck to what you need and where to mount it which direction the threads front or rear thread.
I don’t have a fanatec , I have the mige motor with a 70mm 6 hole plate. Sorry if I didn’t make that very clear.

Upvote 0
I don’t have a fanatec , I have the mige motor with a 70mm 6 hole plate. Sorry if I didn’t make that very clear.
Use this then from these guys,
but be careful I need to warn you these guys are lightning fast they posted my Cube wheel from Ireland to Ukraine in less than 21hrs they take no prisoners :D

Upvote 0
Use this then from these guys,
but be careful I need to warn you these guys are lightning fast they posted my Cube wheel from Ireland to Ukraine in less than 21hrs they take no prisoners :D
Thanks , that may work if I use spacers on the rim first.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
His name is not James, it is Barry. James Hayward does not exist. Barry David Hayward born 29th July 1975.
I wouldn't waste money on debt collectors, they've got no power, and he isn't going do anything about having debt collectors chasing him. The only way to get money out of him is to turn up on his doorstep.
You might get lucky and get a refund, if he gets money in from other people, other people who won't ever get their gear and will take our place in the complaints queue.
I believe that there is a criminal investigation now taking place looking at businesses that have been set up around Preston. So be quick in visiting him ,he'll be running again

Upvote 0
All he goes about these days is 'im waiting for confirmation from Paypal' bullshit. What an utter piece of **** excuse of a person. Meanwhile Im still here without my 500gbp 3 and a half months later

Upvote 0
I thought I would add my last bit to the issue with Barry/James. He has now blocked me on Facebook messenger.

also looks like the site repeated a couple of the first screenshots and won't let me delete .. anyway , persevere and it's an amusing runaround!

View attachment 417447View attachment 417447

I found it funny at the end , him bleating on like a victim in all this.View attachment 417447View attachment 417449View attachment 417447View attachment 417449View attachment 417450View attachment 417447View attachment 417449View attachment 417450View attachment 417451View attachment 417447View attachment 417449View attachment 417450View attachment 417451View attachment 417452View attachment 417453View attachment 417454View attachment 417455View attachment 417456View attachment 417457

All the voice messages are just the usual bs ‘ it’s been sent’ ‘I will send one ‘ etc. Amazing as he must have sent about 10 things and not one arrived. I guess we have a terrible postal system

Still waiting, lucky I didn't hold my breath!

Upvote 0
Yeah I bet he was making good money sounds like a decent profit margin keeping it all

it’s a pity these types of people exist.

Looking at the Companies House filing, it's a different director named. I think that's the other guy that worked with him as Sim Rigs Ltd. Same products though, has some products listed on eBay that are the same wheel and pedal decks as before.

Upvote 0
Looking at the Companies House filing, it's a different director named. I think that's the other guy that worked with him as Sim Rigs Ltd. Same products though, has some products listed on eBay that are the same wheel and pedal decks as before.
Someone should make a video on it otherwise just all start again at 0 with everyone getting ripped on left right and centre

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back