little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Hi all,

Just a little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Wasn't sure whether to do this or not as "mud slinging" is not my scene. But after what i have went through and times being what they are financially wise, i thought it best just to alert the good people on here about this company.

I ordered a rig in May and was told after an email inquiring about delivery times that it would be 7 - 10 days.

Well after countless lies from the company including 3 bogus tracking numbers and trying to shift the blame onto everything and everyone else for not getting my order, i cancelled and requested a refund. Which was met with an email saying your rig is getting shipped tomorrow which was about the 8th time i had heard that. So i emailed back asking for a tracking number to prove that it was ready to be shipped and got one. Only problem was, after a live chat to TNT, the tracking number turned out -again - to be completely made up.

I mean, what company or person would do that??

I am now in the process of legal action to get my money back as the company just keeps fobbing me off with -

you have been refunded do you not have it?

Its not our fault its Stripes (an online payment company like paypal)

I have bank transferred the money you should have it now.

I will look into it and get back to you etc etc.....

Its been an absolute nightmare which, at a time like this, i'm sure anyone can do without.

I am sure there will be happy customers out there that ordered from Sim Rigs but i would imagine there will be a few in the same boat as me and for that reason i have decided to put this post up so as people can make up their own minds whether its worth the risk placing an order.

Hope this does not come across as sour grapes. I wish this post had been up the day before i decided to whack £600 down the drain!!!

Choose wisely folks!!

That sounds like a terrible ordeal Jamie!
I heard nothing about good things from these guys on here and on other forums, very saddened to listen about the issues I hope you get a refund.

Upvote 0
I also bought a rig from these guys. It was stressful too. Promised delivery, tracking numbers & nothing arriving. Constant phonecalls, but I managed to get my rig. I believe this is a one or two man show, run out of a garage to be honest! The rig itself is great and far cheaper than Sim-Lab. Jamie have you rung James at Sim-Rigs direct?

Upvote 0
No I haven't. I have a stammer so phone calls can get a bit embarrassing for me so i try to avoid them.
James Is aware of this though, i explained it to him just after i placed my order.

I have however sent over 60 emails to him/sim-rigs.

In the last few weeks i took the approach of just emailing everyday in the hope that he got that fed up seeing my name pop up he would just bite the bullet and refund me. No joy :(

Only good thing with that though is i have all the times he has lied to me written down so the solicitor can take the best course of action.

Talk about a pain in the arse!

Upvote 0
No I haven't. I have a stammer so phone calls can get a bit embarrassing for me so i try to avoid them.
James Is aware of this though, i explained it to him just after i placed my order.

In the last few weeks i took the approach of just emailing everyday in the hope that he got that fed up seeing my name pop up he would just bite the bullet and refund me. No joy :(

Only good thing with that though is i have all the times he has lied to me written down so the solicitor can take the best course of action.

At this point I’d go to there Facebook page and start complaining in public,
I’d be furious paying out that kind of money specially in this climate with the current situation we all have to deal with it’s a lot of money for someone to just take, I wish you the best of luck with it I feel upset just reading it we all enjoy a little pleasure in life it’s a pity these people stole it from you!

Upvote 0

In fact I’ll send them a email I’m not having it it’s ridiculous!

Upvote 0
I feel for you. I would suggest perhaps getting somebody else to call them, but I’m guessing you have tried that.

I made an order with them, close to £800. They cancelled the order a couple of days later, rang me about some problem with ‘stripes’ and could I re-order after I was refunded. I did receive the refund but it was painful.

I went with Simlab.

A shame really as their SRV3 looks good.

Upvote 0

I sent them a email Jamie lets hope someone pays attention to it,
its just not acceptable in this day n age well get it sorted out. :)

Upvote 0
That was a weird 5 minutes!!

Got an email from Sim-Rigs informing me the reason i have not been refunded is due to a problem with their bank.
It also said, Please dont get anyone else to email me about your refund.

Then i come on here.... nice one CC!

thanks for doing that, really appreciate it. Mostly because the last message i got from them was on Friday telling me he would let me know at around 8 oclock why i haven't been refunded yet. Never happened.

So at least by you doing that he's emailed to tell me whats going on.

Upvote 0

Got an email from Sim-Rigs informing me the reason i have not been refunded is due to a problem with their bank.

thanks for doing that, really appreciate it. Mostly because the last message i got from them was on Friday telling me he would let me know at around 8 oclock why i haven't been refunded yet. Never happened.

Scumbags is all I can say about those guys...

Upvote 0

That’s great news Jamie!
I hope everything turns out ok in the end and they issue you the full refund,
Let us know how it goes,

these guys here on RD have great feedback Racing Sim Rigs, or go with Sim-Labs, good luck with everything. :)

Upvote 0
Fingers Crossed CC. I owe you a pint if i get it anytime soon:)

Kayumi - If you have had a bad experience with them you should of put a post up here.

If it helps anyone on here avoid whats going on with me its 2 minutes typing well spent.
Nah I just read your post here and got furious over those guys and what they did to you, hopefully they just refund you now with the public attention they got.

Upvote 0
Here's hoping Kayumi.

I got a reply from them after CC's impressive show of kindness last night.

I basically begged him to refund me by whatever means just to put an end to it all the we can just call it a bad experience and both move on. He asked for my bank details as he is "away" and don't have access to them.
I got real exited thinking he was going to do it there and then but nothing as yet.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Here's hoping Kayumi.

I basically begged him to refund me by whatever means just to put an end to it all the we can just call it a bad experience and both move on. He asked for my bank details as he is "away" and don't have access to them.
I got real exited thinking he was going to do it there and then but nothing as yet.
Maybe they do have some technical difficulties always best to give people the benefit of doubt lets hope you get it sorted by the weekend,

Upvote 0
Here's hoping Kayumi.

Please keep us up to date on this.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Maybe they do have some technical difficulties always best to give people the benefit of doubt lets hope you get it sorted by the weekend,
Totally agree. That's exactly what i always do and exactly what i did 3 months ago.

But after hearing much the same thing about 8 times regarding the delivery then 5 times so far regarding a refund, you tend to get a little bit skeptical.

Really, i am a pretty patient guy. I kid you not, if he at anytime had said, hey, major delays with covid or whatever else, its going to be 3 months before i can get you your rig, i would have been fine with it.

I run a business too and its pretty tough right now. But i have been so honest with all of them and thats all i look for in life really. Just be straight with people :)

Will do Kayumi

Upvote 0
Totally agree. That's exactly what i always do and exactly what i did 3 months ago.

But after hearing much the same thing about 8 times regarding the delivery then 5 times so far regarding a refund, you tend to get a little bit skeptical.

Really, i am a pretty patient guy. I kid you not, if he at anytime had said, hey, major delays with covid or whatever else, its going to be 3 months before i can get you your rig, i would have been fine with it.

I run a business too and its pretty tough right now. But i have been so honest with all of them and thats all i look for in life really. Just be straight with people :)

Will do Kayumi
Yeah I’m same if someone says hey it will be 3 months I’ll wait 3 months but if they say 2 weeks and turns out 3 months then things change lol :D

Upvote 0
That doesn't actually bother me too much as long as i am kept up to date with whats happening.

I even put that in an email too him, i know things change, every one makes mistakes.

looking over the emails the other night i noticed that not once has he messaged me without it being a reply to me asking a question.

Thats why i get the feeling that if i had went through facebook with my order, i probably would of had it or a refund long before now.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years