little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Hi all,

Just a little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Wasn't sure whether to do this or not as "mud slinging" is not my scene. But after what i have went through and times being what they are financially wise, i thought it best just to alert the good people on here about this company.

I ordered a rig in May and was told after an email inquiring about delivery times that it would be 7 - 10 days.

Well after countless lies from the company including 3 bogus tracking numbers and trying to shift the blame onto everything and everyone else for not getting my order, i cancelled and requested a refund. Which was met with an email saying your rig is getting shipped tomorrow which was about the 8th time i had heard that. So i emailed back asking for a tracking number to prove that it was ready to be shipped and got one. Only problem was, after a live chat to TNT, the tracking number turned out -again - to be completely made up.

I mean, what company or person would do that??

I am now in the process of legal action to get my money back as the company just keeps fobbing me off with -

you have been refunded do you not have it?

Its not our fault its Stripes (an online payment company like paypal)

I have bank transferred the money you should have it now.

I will look into it and get back to you etc etc.....

Its been an absolute nightmare which, at a time like this, i'm sure anyone can do without.

I am sure there will be happy customers out there that ordered from Sim Rigs but i would imagine there will be a few in the same boat as me and for that reason i have decided to put this post up so as people can make up their own minds whether its worth the risk placing an order.

Hope this does not come across as sour grapes. I wish this post had been up the day before i decided to whack £600 down the drain!!!

Choose wisely folks!!

I work on the basis that one erroneous piece of information i.e tracking number, failed refund etc. can be a mistake. Two immediately has me suspicious. Anymore and for me it's obvious deception, and that is unacceptable. There is simply no excuse for a properly run business to string people along with lies, there is no room for people like this in any business.

If I was you, and the refund is not forthcoming, I would be considering a credit card chargeback. If the payment was made via bank transfer or debit card I would be sending a letter before action and, if necessary, pursuing the matter through the small claims court.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Sound advice. From now on i think i will be more weary of company's i buy from online. Pretty annoying as i have been a big online shopper since way back when, and i have never had anything like this happen to me.
Just lucky i guess.
Always had this thing of, people that deal in music and computers/gaming are pretty much on the level!

Anyway, was at my solicitors yesterday for a meeting to explain whats going on, i have to take all the emails to him next week.

He started off by calling it a consumer case but by the end, he was saying this looks more like fraud than anything else so who knows what will happen. Trying my best to avoid getting into anything heavy but i do want my money back.

Paid by debit card so i dont think i can charge back with using that.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I’m sat wondering how many more people they done this to also now tbh,
Usually from experience with deception and fraud it’s not something what happens once usually starts small then grows and grows, let’s hope this is a isolated case be nice with some closure with it and they refund Jamie in a timely manor or I can see it escalating more which is no good for anyone, Reddit is a good place to get feedback about more cases if they exist I can see someone making a post there also at some point.

Upvote 0
If the worst comes to the worst which I hope it don’t we can always start this for Jamie to get him his simulator back,
You have my backing 110%, let’s hope everything turns out good and they refund the guy.

Upvote 0
Maybe they want reporting to Facebook they take this stuff very seriously,

have you a link to this SRG posts ?
It's really hard to search groups for a generic term (sim-rigs) and it's a group with over 26,000 members so lots of posts unfortunately.
Similar stories to this one, delaying tactics, blaming couriers or suppliers. Stuff that did arrive was drilled wrong etc. It seems they jumped on the bandwagon as lockdown started and simply promised too much to too many and couldn't keep up.

Upvote 0
It's really hard to search groups for a generic term (sim-rigs) and it's a group with over 26,000 members so lots of posts unfortunately.
Similar stories to this one, delaying tactics, blaming couriers or suppliers. Stuff that did arrive was drilled wrong etc. It seems they jumped on the bandwagon as lockdown started and simply promised too much to too many and couldn't keep up.
Yeah I cant imagine be easy the logistics but its the same for everyone and everyone currently sailing inside the same boat,
just depends on your mentality, Sim-Labs know when to close all orders even close the sales part of there websites totally,
I imagine some people just take on more than they can handle and just hope for the best but its not the way to run a good business + if they spent the money or do not have any resources gets very tricky even in small claims courts to even get your money back they simply file for bankruptcy and start another business in there wifes name or what have you,
lets just hope this is not the case here and they resolve the issues with Jamie we are all hearing about,
you just cant do these types of things in this day n age word of mouth moves like the wind specially inside such a community like we have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats why i get the feeling that if i had went through facebook with my order, i probably would of had it or a refund long before now.
I feel like posting on here has a much bigger impact as its a huge hub for the hobby and its dedicated crowd. Facebook is public but these days not the first address anymore for anything. Maybe try sending a link to this thread with your next email, if you bother trying it again.

Upvote 0
Usually when you hear your not alone in things like this, it makes it easier but in this instance,its worse. I'm gutted for anybody thats has the same amount of lies and deception i have had. And not to mention having their money stolen.
I really thought on Tuesday night when he asked for my bank details again, that he was just going to do the decent thing and refund me there and then. It makes you feel like a fool when it inevitably doesn't happen.
Don't even know why i believed it.
But thats just typical of my whole dealings with them, saying to me that hes away so he doesn't have access to emails. Really? in the year 2020 you cant get emails on your phone?
Maybe i am wrong but that doesn't sound right to me.

Upvote 0
Hi Jamie,

Looking at the sim-rigs.com website, it does state: Collection is also welcome Monday- Friday 9am – 5pm Appointment Needed.
Not sure where you live, but worth a try right? They are based in Preston. Or send a friend/relative who does live near.

Upvote 0
Hi Jamie,

Looking at the sim-rigs.com website, it does state: Collection is also welcome Monday- Friday 9am – 5pm Appointment Needed.
Not sure where you live, but worth a try right? They are based in Preston. Or send a friend/relative who does live near.
I did see that a while back. But now it comes down to, do i want to give a company thats messed me about for the past 3 months any of my money.

When i sent an email last Tuesday virtually begging for them to give me my money back, i was met with an instant reply - we have the rig you ordered in stock, would you like to buy it!

I replied no, i just wanted my money back, but, i did go soft and consider it after i had sent that email.

Well guess what, 1 week later, still no refund and worse, not a peep from them.

I emailed earlier today stating this, that a week had passed and i still dont have my refund and what a surprise, the reply was - it was definitely auctioned, i will check for you at 4pm. Where have i heard that one before!!

Thats the last i have heard from them.

I appreciate you posting that to let me know, i really do, but as i said, i really dont want to give them any of my money.

Upvote 0
I did see that a while back. But now it comes down to, do i want to give a company thats messed me about for the past 3 months any of my money.

When i sent an email last Tuesday virtually begging for them to give me my money back, i was met with an instant reply - we have the rig you ordered in stock, would you like to buy it!

I replied no, i just wanted my money back, but, i did go soft and consider it after i had sent that email.

Well guess what, 1 week later, still no refund and worse, not a peep from them.

I emailed earlier today stating this, that a week had passed and i still dont have my refund and what a surprise, the reply was - it was definitely auctioned, i will check for you at 4pm. Where have i heard that one before!!

Thats the last i have heard from them.

I appreciate you posting that to let me know, i really do, but as i said, i really dont want to give them any of my money.
I’d take the rig and move on from it all,
Be hard pressed getting anything by the sounds of things

Upvote 0
I'll be honest with you Jamie. I spoke to James a lot during my process (missed deliveries/missing items etc) and the guy likes to fabricate stories! I don't want to elaborate on here, but some of the BS he spun me just made me laugh. I truly hope you get your money or your rig soon, this should not happen in this day and age as you say.

Upvote 0
I'll be honest with you Jamie. I spoke to James a lot during my process (missed deliveries/missing items etc) and the guy likes to fabricate stories! I don't want to elaborate on here, but some of the BS he spun me just made me laugh. I truly hope you get your money or your rig soon, this should not happen in this day and age as you say.
Yeah its shocking specially like we both was saying this day n age with how things and specially with the power and reach of social media you just do not expect it to happen,
lets hope something positive comes out of it for Jamie.

Upvote 0
Not delivering goods ordered and paid for, then lying to the client is fraud. It's a criminal offence. It's not a civil matter if there is no intention to supply the goods (and lying about sending them, or a refund proves there is no intent to complete the order).

Upvote 0
Legal definition of fraud in the UK:

Fraud by false representation (1) A person is in breach of this section if he— (a) dishonestly makes a false representation (which they have done by lying about sending the goods and /or refund), and (b) intends, by making the representation to make a gain for himself or another (which by keeping your payment without sending the goods they do), or (ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

Unless you're going to go to their premises and demand your goods then and there (and in fairness not everyone would be comfortable with this sort of confrontation) I think your only recourse is to report the matter to the police. (and not to be fobbed off with "it's a civil matter", it's not, take a copy of the full definition of fraud from the Fraud Act 2006 with you and escalate if they won't take your complaint). Hoping for delivery or a refund based on the good graces of a proven liar is pointless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes