List of laserscanned Tracks

Hello Simracers,
since last summer i started being a simracer. In that time i had the opportunity to become acquainted with the verious racing sims and i must say since "Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge" on the Commodore Amiga things have changed a little...

Today i want to ask one thing about the fantastic Simulation RaceRoom Racing Experience. Till today i have got different informations about laserscanned Tracks, so i ask.

1. Are they any laserscanned Tracks in RaceRoom Racing Experience?
2. If yes, can you name the Tracks?

Kind Regards from Germany
Curt

But that's exactly it, shortening it by leaving out syllables would make sense. Shortening it to "Nords" IMO doesn't ("Nord" would). Like I tried to point out with that Silverstone example.

Not that it's a big deal or anything, I just find it odd.
Maybe it has so many corners that people think of it like multiple tracks in one. So it's actually a plural-shortening :roflmao:

But that's exactly it, shortening it by leaving out syllables would make sense. Shortening it to "Nords" IMO doesn't ("Nord" would). Like I tried to point out with that Silverstone example.
I guess it depends on your pronunciation. "Nords" is a single syllable for me same as "Nord", where as "Silverst" is two... or two and a half.

For me its a kind of respect to call every track by its real name. Some names are easier than others, but i do my best to pronounce them right. "Die Nordschleife" is a Legend and earns respect, like other old tracks, too. Thats my opinion. I think it should be no problem to discuss this in a democratic society.

One thing is blatantly clear from the conversation, whatever you call it, we all know where one is talking about.
Twitter has a lot to answer for, although I'm only a Twitcher (read posts by others, contribute sod all) the restricted character practice they demand fits nicely into society's clamour to abbreviate everything, natural cycle of language and we're moving back toward hieroglyphics, which have been used throughout history anyway but hits popularity in two era's, most of society can't read or write or people have such hectic lives, money is spent on condensing everything possible, modern humans recognise logo's, emoji's, certain colour combinations can trigger recognition.
Society is born through communication, this begins with pictures and the spoken word, which continues to this day worldwide. It is only when man gets to the point where pictures don't cut the mustard, society has moved beyond just pictures, intellect requires more than shapes to move forward, language comes from discovery.
So a little green devil emoji would be the answer! :alien: or maybe a green one of these :poop: Seems a bit rum to make everyone write Hertfordshire, yes that's the spell check for my attempt to write Radcliffe, yep, not getting better, one more try, Radcliffe, nope, not having it, have to be the Nords old bean! ;)

Well the answer is already there at the beginning. Nordschleife is the only laserscanned track. Thread done.
Now back to the Nordschleife shortenings!

Anyway, I find the Nurb in raceroom, ac and acc to be very similar. That means the tarmac itself.
The difference lies with colours, kerbs, off track design etc.
Also there's a difference in how the scanned point mess was processed. Ac very bumpy and rough, R3E kinda flat, acc a mix of both.
Also you can take some kerbs in one sim but not in the other etc.

Another question: do you run exactly the same fov? I found the raceroom track to be a bit different too but then I adjusted the fov to be exactly the same via the XML file change and also took a Screenshot from ac and adjusted the cockpit positioning in acc and R3E to it.
Last bit was to deactivate any head movement and boom. Pretty similar if you ask me!

which xml file is it? I have set dov at 53º in ACC and 0.9x in RR, according to the calculators, but RR rounds up/down and it would be nice to have it most correctly possible

Another question: do you run exactly the same fov? I found the raceroom track to be a bit different too but then I adjusted the fov to be exactly the same via the XML file change and also took a Screenshot from ac and adjusted the cockpit positioning in acc and R3E to it.
It would be interesting to compare the different track versions in VR then, because FoV wouldn't be a factor. I don't have ACC though so can't make the comparison myself.

Interesting you asked this because I noticed this weekdend that the difference between nurb gp in RR and ACC is quite big, specially the hair pin.
Well the answer is already there at the beginning. Nordschleife is the only laserscanned track.

Anyway, I find the Nurb in raceroom, ac and acc to be very similar. That means the tarmac itself.

Nurb GP isnt laserscanned in RR, only the full Nords loop is. So, AC/ACC will have the more accurate version of the GP portion.

To that point, Nurb GP in RR definitely has its noticeable differences from the scanned versions in other sims. Are they big enough to detract from the experience? Surely not. But like many other comparisons of the RR versions of a track to their laserscanned counterparts in other games, the differences are highly apparent when you are used to those scanned versions. :)

All that said, Nurb GP in RR is built from CAD data. So, while the layout is pretty accurate and aligns well with the Nords loop, things like camber, elevation, bumps, etc are not quite 'perfect'.

Thank you for your answer. Whenever i talked about accuracy i meant die Nordschleife. Did anyone of you watched the comparison video above? I was amazed about the similarity of the real track compared with the RaceRoom Nordschleife.
Yes I did :)
The raceroom version gets a few details better than ac. Good for immersion but not really needed for the driving itself. I think the ac Nordschleife is too rough though.
Real life gt3 driver and simracer Jan Seyffarth said ac is way too brutal. Raceroom would be spot on though.
About this Jan Seyffarth. He shows that he's a pc noob from time to time but I trust him with things like this. When he says in his real car the Nordschleife isn't that rough, it isn't for me. Not questioning this.
If he'd say the ffb is better in this or that... I would ask him to show his exact settings as they are probably not well optimized :p

I didn't watch the R3E vs Reality video yet (Don't worry I will), but up until recently I use to think the Raceroom version of the Nordschleife was too smooth. The reason I write up until recently is, I discovered that I could make the camera sway and bounce, the same way it does in Assetto Corsa. Now the Nordschleife is just as rough looking as AC's version (in bumpiness).

Between the two versions of the Nordschleife, I really like Raceroom's. It just feels better to run it. But this is only my opinion of a race track that I have never seen in real life. Not to mention I never been to Europe, let alone Germany.

Also, I get the whole "Nords" thing, but it feels better to me if I bang out Nordschleife on the keyboard. Maybe I am alone with this?

which xml file is it? I have set dov at 53º in ACC and 0.9x in RR, according to the calculators, but RR rounds up/down and it would be nice to have it most correctly possible
Sorry, took a bit longer... :ninja::whistling:

Here's what to do:
Go into the cameras folder of each car. You can set the fov for each camera separately but the most important should be cockpit_driver_view or the _triples variant of that.
Path:
\\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\%CarFolder%\Cameras\cockpit_driver_view.xml

The line for the fov is:
<fov type="float32">58.00000000</fov>

The multiplier in the game is NOT changing that value! It multiplies that value without touching the files!

So you need to set the multiplier ingame back to 1.0 and then change the line in ALL the .xml for each car separately.

With Notepad++ or "find and replace" tools you can "search in directory", set file-type to "cockpit_driver_view.xml" and then find and replace:
"<fov type="float32">%defaultNumber</fov>"
with
"<fov type="float32">%YourCustomFOVnumber</fov>"

I couldn't swiftly find @Martin Fiala great thread/post about it, containing a link to the topic in the official forums. Maybe he saved it somewhere :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back