List of laserscanned Tracks

Hello Simracers,
since last summer i started being a simracer. In that time i had the opportunity to become acquainted with the verious racing sims and i must say since "Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge" on the Commodore Amiga things have changed a little...

Today i want to ask one thing about the fantastic Simulation RaceRoom Racing Experience. Till today i have got different informations about laserscanned Tracks, so i ask.

1. Are they any laserscanned Tracks in RaceRoom Racing Experience?
2. If yes, can you name the Tracks?

Kind Regards from Germany
Curt

Sorry, took a bit longer... :ninja::whistling:

Here's what to do:
Go into the cameras folder of each car. You can set the fov for each camera separately but the most important should be cockpit_driver_view or the _triples variant of that.
Path:
\\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\%CarFolder%\Cameras\cockpit_driver_view.xml

The line for the fov is:
<fov type="float32">49.00000000</fov>

The default is a different value! And the multiplier in the game is NOT changing that value! It multiplies that value!

So you need to set the multiplier ingame back to 1.0 and then change the line in ALL the .xml for each car separately.

With Notepad++ or "find and replace" tools you can "search in directory", set file-type to "cockpit_driver_view.xml" and then find and replace:
"<fov type="float32">%defaultNumber</fov>"
with
"<fov type="float32">%YourCustomFOVnumber</fov>"

I couldn't swiftly find @Martin Fiala great thread/post about it, containing a link to the topic in the official forums. Maybe he saved it somewhere :)

you remembered! :) thank you!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years