License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

Problem is, if you paid for it, you should get your licence *indefinitely*.
I agree Mine is now down after not even a month. according to the licencing it will be a year before I can renew. , , As if I understood what all that meant when I got it. Any other program and you just re-enter your licence. This is crazy, to pay and get punished because we update our computers. ( mine gets changed almost monthly because I beta test computer hardware ) this is not a fair licencing to tie it to a hardware ID.

One of the things that bother me is reading here that he is no longer working on this program. I was under the impression that there will be updates. I would love to see improvements like adding a way to put in a number for how much rotation you want when rotating an object or if you make changes in your xpack and instead of not loading your track because it cant find a file have it ask where it can be located, and a few other things.
This is a great program so it is a shame that we get locked out of something that we paid for. Oh and so any that dont believe i paid,
>>> Lighthorse-38197-20120526121533.license <<<<
So because of being locked out I need to find a way back in and I refuse to pay again as I am on a limited income and just do not have the money to pay for this again and again.

OK Still down. This is nuts, I have no other program that has issues like this.
I run a twin Zenon, 32gig machine, @ last count I have 73 active USB ports,
16 terabytes of hard drive space. this licence should tie to the program not the
state of my computer. My computer changes constantly , So I have shown I have
paid for my licence, and I am sure it can be verified, but I need a way to get it working.
as there are no working cracks that I can find, how do I resolve this issue.??
These are the ID's just this last 8 days
16CD-EE9C-DC46-E38E-5136
1C03-230C-B3A4-C37D-D3B3
1F9S-6D72-FB92-A28E-7359

Hmm my Beta is taking a while to generate. I submitted my HardwareID 2 or 3 days ago now (I kinda forgot to generate it when the Beta was originally reset) but It is still displaying the "Thank-you for uploading... witting 8 hours a new license will be available for download here..." page...

@R Soul I realise that, unfortunately, I'm just posting it to sat that if anyone else comes accoross this issue then they aren't alone... Or if they submit their renewal after me and get the knew license then it's something specific to my account... So yeah, venting...

@Lighthorse Thankyou, but that's the page that I have been visiting/refreshing multiple times over the last couple of days, and it still says this:
Beta Test Download

Thanks for uploading your HardwareId file.

Within 8 hours a license file will be generated and displayed on this webpage. It will NOT be emailed to you like the regular license; you need to check back here later.

Once the license is ready, save it into your BobsTrackBuilder folder and remove any older license files in the folder. BTB will now be licensed specifically to you and that particular PC.

This license will work for 1 month, hopefully enough time for any bugs to be fixed. If not a new license will be generated on this page.

does anybody know whats going on with the licensing right now. I had to renew and my confirmation email will not arrive, its been 5 days . Is there anyway around this ? like download on the website? I sent an email about it but no replies so far :( really was wanting to build a track

Well I would say something is wrong. I myself have three tracks I cant finish because of the way this program is licensed. I am deleting everything and trying to get the first one to work but I do not believe I can recreate the computer state at the time of the first licence.
And for those that posted that this is done because of the cracks out there. LOL there are not any that work. if there were I would get one. and not care as I have paid for a program that I now can not use. I have never ran into a licencing like this, it is not a fare way for a lot of us, as our computers change, just a small example I do not use a HD that is hard wired, I have 30+ HD's and multiple OS's and use internal Hot swap bays. Yes I did install this on a windows drive, but the drive is not a permanent drive as I test more than one OS.
I do not think I should be forced to build a separate machine just for this one program.
god the only change on the first one was changing the 64gigs of ram to a different maker well then I did change the cpu. yea I did just change that again so that I think killed the Beta. now Im testing different bios . and yes with these changes I do update my windows licencing but that takes me about 1 minute, run a win update program and click register, also they understand I am a beta tester.
My next change is testing a new style motherboard . Oh yea no worries the program is not working anyway .

Venting ?? Hell Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pissed Off ?? what would You be. Some of us don't sit behind a never changing computer. I want what I paid for . A working program.

ONCE AGAIN BRENDON YOU ARE "SLEEPING" AND THE AUTOMATIC SYSTEM FOR RENEWAL BOTH REGULAR AND BETA VERSIONS DOESN'T WORK!

IT IS A SHAME, NO OTHER WORDS! IT IS USELESS TO TRY TO JUSTIFY THE BEHAVIOR OF YOU BRENDON. YOU, BRENDON, CAN HAVE THE MOST DRAMATIC SITUATION IN THE WORLD, BUT A RESPONSIBLE, EDUCATE AND INTELLIGENT PERSON HAS NOT A SIMILAR BEHAVIOR.

WE ARE YEARS THAT ARE PATIENTLY WAITING FOR A RIGHT BEHAVIOR FROM YOU AND YOU EVERY TIME HAVE DISAPPOINTED US.

This is the text, in capital letter that everyone should send to Brendon, because he has taken our money, because we tried to help him in any way offering an extra revenue to him, because we were so patient to endure a behavior so ignorant from him and there is no excuse for a lout like Brendon.
Now I think that we have seriously consider to move from BTB and to use another software to build tracks. It is annoying but I think we have no other choice.

No you got it all wrong Marcobost.
We gave him money for a dam good program and its only because you like it so much that you can't spend a few days without it.
You can stamp your feet and shout till your blue in the face but it wont change nowt. Unless of course he reads your post and says f--- you.

Someone's working on a set of Blender scripts to import/export gmt files, but it's still a work in progress.

In theory, you can already use Blender. A race track, complete with terrain, buildings, etc, is just a load of polygons. Exporting is the main issue at the moment, because it doesn't generate the scn or other auxiliary files (aiw, gdb...). 3DSimed can help with the scn and setting up the materials.

No you got it all wrong Marcobost.
We gave him money for a dam good program and its only because you like it so much that you can't spend a few days without it.

Oh get real. He *paid* for it for f's sake, he should get indefinite use of the program.
Not being blocked out because someone else's server isn't working properly. This licensing system is just broken. Period.

well still nothing .
trying to figure 3dMax out.
Like I said earlier I did pay for it and if I could find a crack I would use it.
>>> Lighthorse-38197-20120526121533.license <<<<
BUT!! I should not have to do that....!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 84 65.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 57 44.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 57 44.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 33 25.6%
Back