License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

There's nothing wrong with defending the program and criticising its licensing system at the same time, actually. 'Cause apart from being fundamentally wrong, it doesn't work.
Locking out paying users of their own (paid for) goods simply is *never* acceptable.

There's nothing wrong with defending the program and criticising
I couldn't agree more and just as Marcobost was venting, I was defending.
I think, if Brendon cannot progress his program and the licensing system, or if he just doesn't want to, he should give it over to the forum and the people who are actually keeping it alive. Then I think Brendon would see his baby flourish. I'm sure there are people out there who are capable of updating the program into something that even he couldn't have envisaged.
Mind you, he has popped up before with modifications, perhaps he's going to do it again soon!!

This is really not fair, Still no BTB, I might have to find someone to finish my tracks.
Cant renew for quit a few months and with the site down it looks like he is bailing on us.
I wish he would release a registry code for us that are registered to be able to run our program.
Kind of sucks paying for something and then have no access to it.
Trying to figure 3Dmax out. OMG what a nightmare that is.

Anyone looking for an alternative to BTB might want to try Blender (free) for the main object creation and 3dSimed (cheap) for converting to the game's format.

Introductory video tutorials:
http://cgcookie.com/blender/get-started-with-blender/

Building a race track
http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/New_Blender_Tutorial
I've started building using this method and it's similar to doing the track in BTB.

Modifying the result in 3dsimed is a little time consuming, and it's important to get a good workflow, but it is possible. Here's an example:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=One Way International Raceway

if this is the end im sad that i didnt export the last build of my track... if i did i could finish it off in 3dsimed :(
If you are using the un-beta version, install it on another pc as a demo. Then copy your data over and export. If your using beta, you're ....

... hoping Brendon gets through his job with time to spare.

rF2 is coming, that would be too big update for BTB so we all have to switch anyway in the next year or so to 3ds Max. I really hope ISI will publish blender plugins but it may well be that they have a contract with Autodesk that prohibits such actions..

In the mean time, we may possibly arrange something. I can volunteer to export couple of projects for those that are now locked out of their own software.

Well I have a track that was almost complete i did export it so we can run it on our server. it just needs a few more buildings and final touches for completion. all garages , pit stops. start positions, are set. one problem we have is that the pit crew show up but do not do anything. also stop and go penalty tells you to go into the pit but no pit crew. now with a program with no access I cant figure out how to fix it. let alone why it is not working ,as I know the pit corridor is plenty wide enough.

i'm tryng to contact Brandon in the last week. i wanna do an important offer for BTB but still no response from him. if it is possible it could be useful make a sign list of all the costumers to send. everyone who lives in australia could try to speak directly to Brandon in way to know what we can do. i can't exclude that he's in vacation, but i'll try to contact him for the next 2 weeks.

Here in Oz (or at least in New South Wales) it's the first week of the public school holidays.
The kids should be back at school the week after next though.
Just thought I'd mention it as a lot of folks go on holidays during this time.....
Good luck Alberto

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 39 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 34 11.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 38 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 105 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 176 57.9%