PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

To clarify, the June car technically never existed. They released it in May and had no intention of releasing one in June.

A side note, even though people asked repeatedly about this topic during all of June, they chose not to disclose that there wouldn't be a June car until nearly July. So while I have no problem with them not releasing a car in June, my issue concerns their obvious decision to ignore the fact that they never intended to release a June car at all yet they allowed people to assume that there would be one until the day before July, if I recall correctly.

To give them some more credit... They made a game that feels extremely nice to me from the first time I touched it with a decent FFB settings. I feel more capable and I can be one with the car and drive on the limit. Same thing happened with LFS many years ago. It just felt so homely, so easy to drive. Race07 wasn't so "easy to drive" for me but with practice, I got quite decent at it. AC gave me similar feel to R07, very nice physics but not the "one with the car" feeling I get in pC.

Polishing
This may sound like crabbing. But I don't feel any games released finished or even 90% finished anymore.
More like 75%, being a old school sim racer and gamer i find that to be really frustrating.
This is the way of the world now I guess in all games. (products to and i hate that)

If I came home with a loaf of bread and gallon of milk and gave it to my wife, she takes half a loaf out of bag to put it away, then pulls out the milk and see's half full... well, lets just say, my sorry ass is going to get sent back to the store to remedy the situation.

Dedicated Server
Really bothers me when race games are not released with a proper multiplayer client.
One that is user friendly and super easy to use.. example rf1 and gtr evo, rings and bells and all the features I need to set up my online races with little hassle and no messing with code and files.
Bothers me that both Pcars and AC neither have anything like this, I feel as a developer it should be a priority to make a solid easy to use multiplayer client. Especially if you want good league play.

I play pretty much all the games that come out. Sim or not sim. I can have fun playing arcade games even though I consider myself more a of a hardcore sim racer. Most of my sim racing done in some form of papyrus games or mods. (been pc racing since around 2000)

I have all the gtr titles, simbin games, even bought a ps3 to try out all the race games on there.

Played shift one and two.

Forum Issues
(going Andy Rooney mode here...)
And why is it xbox and ps has there own forum section that is labeled appropriately with full section dividers. But pc section of there forums mashed in with generic forum area about the game.
So every bubble gum snot nose kid with a controller is interjecting on your retorts or comments or questions about your experience on a PC with a wheel. It feels like going back to 8th grade or freshman year in high school days. No rightful sim racer should have to put up with that when trying to have a serious conversation.

Also as a old man, I don't need some over zealous ninny forum mod changing what my forum topic name should be. I would be afraid to start a thread on their forums because god forbid a mod would think my forum title should read something different and censor or edit '''MY''' thoughts.

I've seen quiet a few things like that where even Ian was involved changing thread names... umm .. first you want to change my thoughts, whats next you want to race my pixel car as well. Hell I just throw money at you and you can be me and you at the same time, that would save us both alot of time, Am i right? (tongue and cheek yes, but come onnnnn already)

Summing it up
Come on guys. Way to much micro managing. Let people be people and create their own thoughts.

I was a huge supporter from early on. So far I can say Pcars, fun game. (i can't say anymore then that right now.) Give me a few more weeks or a month to see if we can get a few patches and up to say 78% finished.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that every person that offers up a self described 'no BS' style to 'keep it real' sound and act like Mr Bell, but <mod-edit: removed foul language> *complain* about how he acts.

Well if it were solely a "no BS" style I'm sure people wouldn't have as much of a problem with him. I've seen plenty of developers, and people in high positions in other industries, use a "no BS" style of approach (I work in DC where a lot of people think this is some new radical thing that they invented) but Mr. Bell's approach is far from just that. He's purposely rude, stubborn and completely ignorant to peoples' complaints that he disagrees with.

5141508027_Oh_boy_here_we_go_again_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Also as a old man, I don't need some over zealous ninny forum mod changing what my forum topic name should be. I would be afraid to start a thread on their forums because god forbid a mod would think my forum title should read something different and censor or edit '''MY''' thoughts.

FWIW, I am a mod over "there" and I do change thread titles. There are a few reasons for it:

1. Useful thread titles provide useful discussion context
2. Useful thread titles help those using the "search" function to find similar topics

It has nothing to do with "changing someone's thoughts", it making the forum "useful" for "everyone".

FWIW, I am a mod over "there" and I do change thread titles. There are a few reasons for it:

1. Useful thread titles provide useful discussion context
2. Useful thread titles help those using the "search" function to find similar topics

It has nothing to do with "changing someone's thoughts", it making the forum "useful" for "everyone".

its a bit much. ill move on while disagreeing with it. some of the reasoning fits the company name.

2nd thing which i find frustrating is... why ! why ! why !
A company so interested in getting it right with forum etiquette allows xbox and ps3 post in the
multiplayer area that should be slated for pc only?? And can you talk to someone about changing this.
I find it annoying and i doubt i'm the only one.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?116-Multiplayer

mean while both ps3 and xbox has its own area for posting multiplayer events or recruiting.
yet area that should be pc only seems to be a dumping ground for all platforms. Please ask them to fix it.

!
A company so interested in getting it right with forum etiquette allows xbox and ps3 post in the
multiplayer area that should be slated for pc only?? And can you talk to someone about changing this.

Try hitting the "Report Button" on the posts. The mods don't see everything as there is a LOT of activity on the forum. The mods do try to move the Mulitplayer specific posts to their respective platforms but it's hard to see all posts.

lol or easy to only see the ones they want.

Not really. To be honest, there is so much traffic on the site that the mods are mainly responding to "reported posts". You can't see the reports unless you are a moderator, but there are hundreds per day on that forum. Heck, in just a day, most posts are scrolled to the 2nd or 3rd page page of displayed posts. Granted, most of them are duplicate discussions and we do our best to consolidate them, but it's not an easy tasks with the amount of traffic.

@Kyle Pearson Any news on when full animated pistops are coming back?

Unfortunately no.. The DEVS are no longer updating the pCARS1 development portal so we don't have any more insight to their progress on most things. I say most things as there has been some communication on some physics and AI updates (which were in PC Patch 2.5). The pCARS1 portal is closing soon so we are all now just normal pCARS1 users. ;)

Unfortunately no.. The DEVS are no longer updating the pCARS1 development portal so we don't have any more insight to their progress on most things. I say most things as there has been some communication on some physics and AI updates (which were in PC Patch 2.5). The pCARS1 portal is closing soon so we are all now just normal pCARS1 users. ;)

OK thanks for that. I doubt we will ever see full animated pitstops to be honest. They will shelve them for pcars 2 most probably. But that's just my opinion.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.