PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

According to some other forums I've read, if you posted about "known issues" or "missing features" you were branded "too negative" and your posts were removed or your account banned entirely for repeat offences - so it's likely that they "didn't hear" a lot of what people were saying.
Sounds like what you read was a second or third hand account of things, likely spun to serve the agenda of the disgruntled poster or a friend of. I've seen a few people get banned and without exception, the posters did not heed the advice of mods and were simply there to rant and rave without any constructive purpose. Maybe there are exceptions to that but I haven't seen them. They don't seem to be in the habit of second and third chances but they probably don't care much about padding their post count.

It's pretty clear that SMS run their forums as an echo-chamber - they want feedback and discussion but they remove anything they don't agree with or which they feel is repeating an issue (thing is - that person is entitled to an answer too even if you already answered the question elsewhere)

How they run their forum is upto them, but their concept of Customer Service and Community Management is backwards-to-non-existent. They use PR as a hammer, beating people over the head with features and promises but when people ask what happened to a promised feature they are banned for having the cheek to ask (or asked to fund the next game will WHICH have that feature!!)

The Internet doesn't buy that *swearing* anymore - not when other companies are reaching out and involving people, working with vloggers/bloggers/leagues and other people to make games better.

Sim-racing is a small market and people here have long memories - hell, there are people who'd not have touched PCars based purely on the disappointments of the SimBin years FFS :)

<mod-edit: No swearing on the forums, please keep it clean>

Last edited by a moderator:
Late to the party but I don't want to go into details but I won't ever buy any of their products again. Blind company with a horrible community behind it. I will give them some credit for their presentation. They clearly aimed this at the console market but tried to also aim it at pc sim racers. For me it's slightly lost in translation, but think it's suited to console racers who think it's awesome, I work with people who bought it on PS4 and they think it's the best driving game ever made. Everyone has their own opinion but I don't like how they funded it or how they went about developing it for multiple platforms. It speaks volumes that as soon as it's released they are already looking for money for pcars 2 even though they've made enough from pcars 1. I guess the man at the top still has space in his wallet.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, SMS credit, today they announced that the first distribution of funds from the sales of the game will put all backers into profit. In fact, SMS is paying out more funds to members than they are legally required as a thank-you for all the positive contributions from thousands of members over the last few years.

Those that worked with SMS to make a great game are seeing their efforts pay off. For me, personally, I've got my eye on a BMW S 1000 XR.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, SMS credit, today they announced that the first distribution of funds from the sales of the game will put all backers into profit. In fact, SMS is paying out more funds to members than they are legally required as a thank-you for all the positive contributions from thousands of members over the last few years.

Those that worked with SMS to make a great game are seeing their efforts pay off. For me, personally, I've got my eye on a BMW S 1000 XR.

Gosh, just imagine if they put some of those profits towards fixing the many, many bugs that make this game unplayable...

Nice, nice. Enjoy your ride! (I take that is a motorbike.)

Which backing members get profit? I've received nothing.

Must have money to burn. Better bikes out there for a lot lot less. Used to work for BMW motorcycles in the warranty claims part. So many of the bikes have issues, and when warranty runs out......expensive to fix. That being said though the BMW K 1300 R Dynamic is a laugh to ride (only bike that has made the misses feel physically sick whilst being a pillion) :D, and I think the BMW R 1200 GS TE is better than the 1000 XR personally speaking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back