F1 2012 Legend too difficult?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Well, as no doubt 99% of you have the game, and will have tried out the "new" legendary difficulty.

I signed with Force India, and they're usually around the 6th-13th place in Qually and the Race. Buttt with legend AI, i qualified 18th, with a time of 1:29.4 around Melbourne. Not the best time, but it felt like i got as much out of the car as i possibly could.

Now, i dont consider myself to be a shabby driver, not the best, but not bad either. I just find Legend too difficult. Like, im struggling to hang onto the back of Torro Rosso's.

So, i tried out Professional, and it was wonderful! Qualified in 5th with Schumacher @ Monaco, 100% distance. and had the race of my life, so thrilling i could have gone for 100 laps instead of 78.

Anyway, just giving ya'll a heads up, that, if you're finding legend too hard, just put it to professional and it's a much more enjoyable experience.

Unless of course you're finding Legend just fine, then kudo's to you, because for me, its literally impossible.

I thought the Legend was too difficult too, but after messing around with setups and improving my driving skills, I qualified 16th with Marrusia on Legend and DFGT wheel in Career mode, Keep practising and find a good setup and you should be find on legend :)

I find Legend difficult too ...... but who cares?

If I have to race using Professional AI, so what? If that's my standard, so be it. If I feel competitive at this setting, and enjoying the game, then I recieved what i paid for.

Why should we feel less worthy just because we don't use Legend? We asked for them to up the AI strength and they've obviously gone some way towards that, plus the new physics may take a bit of time to adjust to, so you might be a bit slower due to that too.

I am surprised that some drivers think the Legend AI is crap, and that they can win any race anywhere with any car. If that's the case, then they are probably playing the wrong game, and maybe best served by getting something more challenging, with better physics, and better FFB, GSC being a good example. I don't think any CM game is going to reach the level you want, out of the box.

That just leaves modding, and the potential for something like the AI Toolkit program that was released for F1 2010. That was a great little piece of software, and would certainly be useful in F1 2012, especially for the more 'elite' drivers. It would also be useful for Pro level drivers, because there does seem to be a substantial difference between Pro and Expert (Legend) in this game. Expert appears to be too fast (for me), but Pro is a bit too slow (for me).

Having said that, this game may go the same way as F1 2011. A few career races, then back to single races or online only. Why? Because I spent around 4 hours trying to repair the game last night, after a re-occurrence of that frigging autosave bug, and that bug killed F1 2011 for me as a career game .........

The autosave bug is for another thread though ..... if I can be arsed to type it all out :devilish: I'm not in the mood right now

Legend AI too difficult is no offense a silly thing to be saying, it's meant to be really hard AI hence LEGEND that is just my opinion :)

And I think you're completely correct. But for me, at the moment, with a force India, and I'm still getting used to the 2012 physics, I find that it can be a bit too hard. Hence why I switched to Pro.
However, give me a top end car, like Mclaren or Redbull and its a different story.

This is not a problem of too hard / too easy. AI driving is way too inconsistent.
I consider myself a fast and quite consistent driver, but the AI just bugs out in some corners, e.g. the last turn at Australia. I keep up to the AI, do the exact same times and in that last corner the gain 1.5 sec on me. That's whats annoying. I'd be thrilled about the difficulty if it wasn't for that.
Also, in Toro Rosso, it's impossible for me to keep up with my teammate, in a McLaren for example I can beat the AI !?

This is not a problem of too hard / too easy. AI driving is way too inconsistent.
I consider myself a fast and quite consistent driver, but the AI just bugs out in some corners, e.g. the last turn at Australia. I keep up to the AI, do the exact same times and in that last corner the gain 1.5 sec on me. That's whats annoying. I'd be thrilled about the difficulty if it wasn't for that.
Also, in Toro Rosso, it's impossible for me to keep up with my teammate, in a McLaren for example I can beat the AI !?

That's exactly my point with this thread, perhaps i should have renamed it. But anyway, yeah In Australia, im losing atleast 8 tenths in the penultimate corner, they seem to have super traction out of that corner on legend. Every other corner is fine, it's just that one that seems to be the difference for me between getting into the top ten and me getting knocked out in Q1.

AI can turn much more than you , accelerate faster than you
and also faster in end straight with drs while i'm in fastest quick set up in one shot qualifing
i would really interested the member that say legend ai is similar to 2011 is doing what time in time attack:)

Why would you be sad for too difficult Legend AI? I do 100% races and at first I found it really difficult to keep up with the AI's but then I was there. I was fighting for the win in Melbourne and China in a Williams. Yes, AI's accelerate faster which is stupid, but they brake earlier too. Their cornering speed is a little worse, so it's fine. And no, AI can't turn much faster than you. Actually, they can, it depends on the driver. But the AI cars aren't faster.

Just practice more and you'll find yourself in a different position with a different opinion for the AI. And plus that the AI behavior rocks this game. :)

And I think you're completely correct. But for me, at the moment, with a force India, and I'm still getting used to the 2012 physics, I find that it can be a bit too hard. Hence why I switched to Pro.
However, give me a top end car, like Mclaren or Redbull and its a different story.
yes , with a top car i can beat the ai np . but it seems like the force india has extra understeer , i struggle with it

IMHO, the top AI difficulty should be near to impossible to beat on any game. That way you provide fun for everybody including driving aliens.

The problems of the F1 201x (the whole series) AI:

- top AI is too easy for the best players
- the steps of difficulty are waaaaay too big. The average player can dominate expert AI with a marussia, but be seconds away from keeping up with the legend AI. I've heard the lap time difference between the two AI levels are 4-6 seconds. That is insane.
- the consistency... is the worst of all. It kills all the fun of stalking the car in front and gain a place with the better traction of fresh tyres. If you can keep up with them the overtake is granted at the next turn they botch up, no matter your skills, tyres, whatever.

The last one is the reason I gave up on f12011 apart from the online. It has a truly terrible AI.

The problem is not, that Legend is too difficult, but that there is too big a difference between difficulties.

In Australia, the best AI-drivers will do laps around 1:41 on Professonal and around 1:32 on Legend.

SO, as I run about 1.38 with TCS and ABS off in a HRT, on Pro I´ll have a pole and win from it every race. Which is not funny. But on Legend I will never get close to rhe objectives set by the team.

In my opinion CM is about to make the same huge mistake as Gran Torismo: I´ts impossible to find a race, where it´s fun to drive, you´re way to fast or waty to slow.

As goes for the hardest difficulty can NEVER be too hard, I understand the point, but there´s nothing funny about winning the championship on Pro, when YOU KNOW there is a level above. THAT´s where you want to be.

So CM, please make a much more grasuable difficulty-system.

Just my 50 cents. :)

The problem is not, that Legend is too difficult, but that there is too big a difference between difficulties.

In Australia, the best AI-drivers will do laps around 1:41 on Professonal and around 1:32 on Legend.

SO, as I run about 1.38 with TCS and ABS off in a HRT, on Pro I´ll have a pole and win from it every race. Which is not funny. But on Legend I will never get close to rhe objectives set by the team.

In my opinion CM is about to make the same huge mistake as Gran Torismo: I´ts impossible to find a race, where it´s fun to drive, you´re way to fast or waty to slow.

As goes for the hardest difficulty can NEVER be too hard, I understand the point, but there´s nothing funny about winning the championship on Pro, when YOU KNOW there is a level above. THAT´s where you want to be.

So CM, please make a much more grasuable difficulty-system.

Just my 50 cents. :)

Well CM have closed the gap between Legend and Pro now.

However, since this is quite an old thread, it's interesting to see how things have changed since all the patching.

I've noticed that, in Career, legend is much more difficult than in Quick race mode.
So everytime i want to be a real driver, i switch the difficulty to Legend and it's perfect.
Pro still seems to be the best for my in Career, as i restarted and am now with Toro Rosso.

If I can say one thing, after all this patches. Pro is closer to Legend, I'm playing on Pro in all mods. And last week I practised Bahrain for league race and doing 1:36 in quick race, beating AI. I got 1:34 in quali, online, 2012 performance with Lotus, on primes. Then compared that to TNC guys:D and yes it was 3sec in quali, but only 1.5sec in race difference(for them of course).
So I want to say, Kristian Nenov can get top 5 in Caterham, on Legend, I can win in Lotus on Pro. And difference between our times is 2sec(that should be like difference Pro<Legend). And it is great work from CM on that part of the game.:thumbsup:

I find the AI quick enough on Pro. Too quick sometimes. But then again I don't cheat. I use cockpit mode only, I only race in career mode. I use no aids except medium TC. I have full damage on and a damage mod to make it realistic. If you drive as I do, perhaps you legends will find it harder and more of a challenge? :rolleyes:

I decided to go Pro even though it's a bit too easy. Reached japan in season 1 with Force India with 78 points, beating Rival Grosjean, so a bit too easy for a Force India. I couldnt keep up on Legend when I initally tried it, but after a month or so of playing the game, I decided to try and Legend quick race with McLaren at Korea and I won from 3rd on the grid in a very close race!

I still race on Pro sometimes though. I have to be in the mood for a very intense fight if I pick Legend.

Well just like last two years I find the AI slow, really slow. I can beat them with more than 3-4 seconds in Q and even more in race. Last night I did 50% Singapore and for just 12 laps I had 34 seconds gap and believe me I'm not the fastest guy online. I'm roughly in top 5 with people I play.

I think I am too old for this because I've allways driven in pro level but now I find it too hard but Intermediate is too easy. And nowadays I don't have time to practise like before so I probobly will be stuck between Intermediate and Pro. I remember when I had time for this and I had my first season in Grand Prix 4 and drove a McLaren and got zero points in Pro level and four seasons later I was World Champion in Jaguar. Practise make perfect...

Well, as no doubt 99% of you have the game, and will have tried out the "new" legendary difficulty.

I signed with Force India, and they're usually around the 6th-13th place in Qually and the Race. Buttt with legend AI, i qualified 18th, with a time of 1:29.4 around Melbourne. Not the best time, but it felt like i got as much out of the car as i possibly could.

Now, i dont consider myself to be a shabby driver, not the best, but not bad either. I just find Legend too difficult. Like, im struggling to hang onto the back of Torro Rosso's.

So, i tried out Professional, and it was wonderful! Qualified in 5th with Schumacher @ Monaco, 100% distance. and had the race of my life, so thrilling i could have gone for 100 laps instead of 78.

Anyway, just giving ya'll a heads up, that, if you're finding legend too hard, just put it to professional and it's a much more enjoyable experience.

Unless of course you're finding Legend just fine, then kudo's to you, because for me, its literally impossible.
the first thing i will recomend to you is to try to get the williams car.. cuz is just better. im in legend currently 2nd in championship and YES is verry difficult to keep up with the AI

i try to get the best of the practice trying 2-3 set ups from here. and comparing them with out DRS (race sim) and its been working for me..
i bet pro will be less stressfull in the game and more fun.. but i like to struggle a little bit..

also you will realize that pushing to the limit with LEGEND Ai YOU will get better in on -line races i mean A LOT better with the other people out there.. you ll see.

any ways best of luck man!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back