F1 2012 Legend too difficult?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Well, as no doubt 99% of you have the game, and will have tried out the "new" legendary difficulty.

I signed with Force India, and they're usually around the 6th-13th place in Qually and the Race. Buttt with legend AI, i qualified 18th, with a time of 1:29.4 around Melbourne. Not the best time, but it felt like i got as much out of the car as i possibly could.

Now, i dont consider myself to be a shabby driver, not the best, but not bad either. I just find Legend too difficult. Like, im struggling to hang onto the back of Torro Rosso's.

So, i tried out Professional, and it was wonderful! Qualified in 5th with Schumacher @ Monaco, 100% distance. and had the race of my life, so thrilling i could have gone for 100 laps instead of 78.

Anyway, just giving ya'll a heads up, that, if you're finding legend too hard, just put it to professional and it's a much more enjoyable experience.

Unless of course you're finding Legend just fine, then kudo's to you, because for me, its literally impossible.

Offt your not wrong. I did a 1.28.934 in Melbourne with caterham also only good enough for 18th, managed to climb to 17th in race but oh my it's hard, precision required in every lap.

The same time got me pole in pro difficulty in the same car, so I'll cont with legend.

Well can anyone give me some tips on setting up the car? Because ATM I'm using slightly different ones to 2011 and I'm not getting great results. But I don't really like all the 11/1 settings because they're just too extreme. Even though they might work, they just seem like a bit much.

I find in qual, Legend is to fast , but in the race i can more than keep pace with them.

In Prof, the balance in qual is slanted more towards my pace , but yet the race pace is not what i consider a huge challenge, i am however enjoying the game, massive step up from last year looks wise and features.

Cheers.

Well can anyone give me some tips on setting up the car? Because ATM I'm using slightly different ones to 2011 and I'm not getting great results. But I don't really like all the 11/1 settings because they're just too extreme.
Its not about setting up the car but the skills of the person driving it (no offense :D).

Also the 11/1 settings arent extreme at all if you consider that strange way codemasters defines setups in their games. Basically it doesnt say anything without the proper values being displayed plus the range of the values.

11 is just an indication that its the most far setting that CM made available. 1 is the opposite of course. That doesnt automatically mean that wing, springs etc are on one click like in real life. Its a relative value compared to the base setup.

Lets hope normal setup values will be sold to us as a "feature" in F1 2049. :D

as much I have played this game, u have to be super consistent in very lap u do in the race, but still I just cant keep up in the race cause my car have no downforce, And Im running default setup, so yea its hard, and the rain is just fcked up

The hardest difficulty in a game cannot be too difficult in my opinion. The hardest difficuly level should be difficult. I don't quite understand people who complain that the highest difficulty level is too hard because they can't beat it. If it's too hard, go down a difficulty. I personally find them not fast enough. But I do use a Fanatec wheel which makes driving a lot easier. I wouldn't beat the A.I with a controller or a keyboard

So far I'm competing for 1st in a McLaren, but I'm not dominating like I was in 2011. I expect that after a bit more practice, I will find wins a bit easier, but the AI are definitely much improved in difficulty terms from the last game. I think in the not too distant future, I'll be wishing they were a bit more difficult still.

The hardest difficulty in a game cannot be too difficult in my opinion. The hardest difficuly level should be difficult. I don't quite understand people who complain that the highest difficulty level is too hard because they can't beat it. If it's too hard, go down a difficulty. I personally find them not fast enough. But I do use a Fanatec wheel which makes driving a lot easier. I wouldn't beat the A.I with a controller or a keyboard

Lol I'm not complaining that its too hard. Quite the contrary, because it gives me something to work towards. I just saying that for people who aren't quite as good, then the Professional difficulty is the way to go... For now.

REF:Career
The AI have driving aids (you can hear them full throttle on start grid or on sharp corners wet or dry) and the player also has an odd steering angle reduction based on the corner and speed and can only get full steering once you get on the line and at the correct gear.
It takes getting used to but it feels weird non the less. The races will be very tough on legend for a rookie on season one with no R&D upgrades.

This is a great post on the official forums regarding the odd steering for gamepad users of which i am one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back