PC2 Le Sound - Cinematic Trailer by JonZ

JonZ_LeSound.jpg

When passion finds its way, art takes shape.

It's hard to find the right words to describe what this short film is. Music, harmony, an ode to a golden age of racing, to the simracing community, to a movie, to a notion of beauty and elegance. Everything, every frame, suits perfectly in a mesmerizing sequence of footage shot in the Project Cars 2 "Spirit of Le Mans" DLC. From the video description:

«Just for the pure sound and joy. The captured sound directly from the game, not edited. Small tribute of Le Mans 1971 movie [...].»

Please, enjoy...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
This DLC would've been perfect but for one thing: They put a modern slick tire on these old cars, making it nearly impossible to break traction under acceleration. It makes the cars very boring compared to the 917K in AC, for instance. No throttle control is needed and the cars are basically glued to the track.

I have no idea why they went to all the effort of recreating these cars in such excellent detail and then slapped a way-too-grippy modern tire on them. You can't spin the 917K even by hammering the throttle in 1st gear coming out of a hairpin (it just understeers).

These cars deserve a vintage tire to bring out the fun of driving them.

PS - Great video :)

@kondor999 I totally agree, but this is about Jonz Videos, not the half a$$ed, can't be a$$ed don't have a clue what I am doing physics of PC2 :thumbsup:.

Jonz Videos are just, like I said before, amazing, he can polish a turd with his skills.....

You all need to subscribe to his channel !!!!

I must say, one thing PC2 does better than the rest IMO is atmosphere...I decided to give it another try after upgrading my computer and did a 20 minute GTE race @ Watkins Glen in progressively worse conditions and accelerated time (so afternoon showers to a raging thunderstorm at night). With all the lights off in the room, racing at night in the pounding rain hitting wet spots on the track with thunder and lightning going off was so surreal, it really surprised me how amazing the visuals in that game could be!

Also, I don't know if it was there all the time, but I messed with the various FFB settings...apparently there are 3 flavors of FFB I didn't recall seeing the first time I played it, and I found one that was quite agreeable, but still needs some tweaking...I really enjoyed the experience! I've been in the AMS and rFactor 2 camp mostly, but I recommend people giving PC2 another try, it just might surprise you (especially if you have the hardware to crank up the visuals).

Oh yea...when I watched the first 30 seconds of that video at 360p (bad internet over here), I would have sworn that might have been real film footage, I had to bump it up to 1080p (and wait forever for buffering :roflmao: ) to really spot that it was a game.

I must say, one thing PC2 does better than the rest IMO is atmosphere...I decided to give it another try after upgrading my computer and did a 20 minute GTE race @ Watkins Glen in progressively worse conditions and accelerated time (so afternoon showers to a raging thunderstorm at night). With all the lights off in the room, racing at night in the pounding rain hitting wet spots on the track with thunder and lightning going off was so surreal, it really surprised me how amazing the visuals in that game could be!

Also, I don't know if it was there all the time, but I messed with the various FFB settings...apparently there are 3 flavors of FFB I didn't recall seeing the first time I played it, and I found one that was quite agreeable, but still needs some tweaking...I really enjoyed the experience! I've been in the AMS and rFactor 2 camp mostly, but I recommend people giving PC2 another try, it just might surprise you (especially if you have the hardware to crank up the visuals).

There's no question that the graphics in PC2 are amazing. It really sucks you in. Did a dusk race at Spa in the rain using the Group 5 cars and it was incredible. Incredible looking, I mean.

I wish the cars were a bit trickier to drive. As usual in PC2, I was able to sling my 500+hp turbo BMW around in the rain with nearly zero need for throttle control. It almost feels like the cars have always-on stability control. The Group 5 cars in Forza 7 are harder to drive :(

There's no question that the graphics in PC2 are amazing. It really sucks you in. Did a dusk race at Spa in the rain using the Group 5 cars and it was incredible. Incredible looking, I mean.

I wish the cars were a bit trickier to drive. As usual in PC2, I was able to sling my 500+hp turbo BMW around in the rain with nearly zero need for throttle control. It almost feels like the cars have always-on stability control. The Group 5 cars in Forza 7 are harder to drive :(

Yeah I’ve been really drawn into PC2 recently. The atmosphere like you say is just amazing.

I did a time accelerated race at the Daytona road course some time ago. Multiclass racing at its finest.

I bought the classic Le man pack and the detail is just staggering. Great fun.

Ok. It is more simcadey than sim but I can forgive it that. At 3am, in the rain, at classic Le Mans. Visually it takes some beating.

We do have affordable soundcards that are more than capable of producing top quality sound. Ultimately it still depends on what you play through them - good audio sounds better, AC still sounds like crap ;)

Good effort but not impressed.
Anyone with a VR set can shoot this.
Horrible game stutter btw.
Come on, really? Is this just anti-PCars sentiment showing? Show me a tribute video from another sim on this visual level. There are certain scenes in this video where the lighting is so nearly right it looks like it could be the real thing. I still think this even though I've watched it a few times.

Even the videos in this post aren't that great even though the author says they're "stunning." I just don't see it. The car modeling is maybe on par but the rest is not.

Where's this stuttering, by the way? What point in the video? I think I noticed a little bit of something near the beginning but that could've been youtube encoding skipping around.

I don't know about VR but non-VR stuttering's not noticeable.

Come on, really? Is this just anti-PCars sentiment showing? Show me a tribute video from another sim on this visual level. There are certain scenes in this video where the lighting is so nearly right it looks like it could be the real thing. I still think this even though I've watched it a few times.

Even the videos in this post aren't that great even though the author says they're "stunning." I just don't see it. The car modeling is maybe on par but the rest is not.

Where's this stuttering, by the way? What point in the video? I think I noticed a little bit of something near the beginning but that could've been youtube encoding skipping around.

I don't know about VR but non-VR stuttering's not noticeable.

I am talking about constant micro stutter. Once you get used to high frame rates you can tell immediatly when stutter is present.
PCars looks awesome on screenshots but so did "state of the art PS3" Gran Turismo HD demo in 2007, if not better!!
20181031_023721_resized.jpg
20181031_035714_resized.jpg
20181031_033840_resized.jpg

Shots taken with my cellphone;)

Thanks for the kind words (stumbled here while looking for mods). This was not taken with VR, but developer tool I had access while I was a contributor. The conversion to 24fps was necessary to achieve the look.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies