Le Sound - Cinematic Trailer by JonZ

JonZ_LeSound.jpg

When passion finds its way, art takes shape.

It's hard to find the right words to describe what this short film is. Music, harmony, an ode to a golden age of racing, to the simracing community, to a movie, to a notion of beauty and elegance. Everything, every frame, suits perfectly in a mesmerizing sequence of footage shot in the Project Cars 2 "Spirit of Le Mans" DLC. From the video description:

«Just for the pure sound and joy. The captured sound directly from the game, not edited. Small tribute of Le Mans 1971 movie [...].»

Please, enjoy...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Petrolhead and sim enthusiast, passionate since the cradle about cars, motorsports and simracing. I read a lot, and I love to share what I learned with others!

whip

250RPM
Feb 1, 2017
looks great, good job

looks like someone has found something useful to do with pcars 2

BigMike8

SimRacing 604
Premium
Feb 18, 2017
Wow! I've been critical of PC2's sounds in the past, but this video was amazing. Very nicely done.

Reactions: M D Gourley

protonv5

500RPM
Jan 6, 2017
Stunning. Makes ACC look like a taco being eaten by pigeons.
Can't wait for racing to go all electric though. That's the future. This guy can make: "Le Silence" Now that would be epic!

mantasisg

2000RPM
Premium
Apr 4, 2015
It really looks epic, well done ! But then gotta pinch myself and say - "hey man, it is project cars...". It is like stunning girl, which is actually not even a girl.

I really want to watch the movie again. I mean actual movie. I remember watching it for the first time, the start sequence with headphones on and full volume on.... and I didn't expect that blast !

Motowntom

100RPM
Oct 17, 2015
Thumbs up! I hope I live long enough to be able to experience this driving in VR.
Cheers

Andy_J

I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 2, 2010
Absolutely brilliant. One of the best game movies I have see, production wise.

A real sim too. The only one actually that has the atmosphere of Le Mans.

Reactions: Andrew Harper

Xela1

500RPM
Mar 24, 2015
Thx. That‘s why pc2 exist! But AC with Iljas‘ shader_patch is hot on its heel.

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
That's a great video. Really shows how good PC2 can look. I'm a fan of ACC but it has a long way to go (yes, EA, I know).

There's a sim underneath that horrid default ffb, I swear, and if it were cleaned up properly people would realize how much they missed dismissing PC2 :|

Reactions: M D Gourley

Shaun Clarke

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 20, 2014
Not my cup of T, but Jonz movies are utterly mind blowing, you only have to look on his YouTube Channel, just amazing.

Now this is Stunning.......

Or this one

Reactions: Abgefahren

Durge Driven

2000RPM
Jun 17, 2017
:cool: clip

rF2 physics, pCars ambiance and some odds and bods from AC would be near perfect sim for me :)

Personally I don't see how those AC clips come even close
Slow mo with no tyre flex is just wrong