Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA & Indycar Retexture (Content Manager Skin)

Tracks Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA & Indycar Retexture (Content Manager Skin) 1.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Wouldn't the new kn5 produce mis-matches online?

I honestly don't know. I wasn't thinking of online when I created the mod to be honest as I only ever race the AI. because mods in multiplayer have always been a pain for me when trying to join servers (in my experience).
Would that issue be avoided if everyone going to join said lobby/server downloaded the mod first?

The kn5 replaces some of the Kunos sections but isn't needed, you just won't get green at the Corkscrew. It works in the same way to how people make replacement sephamores for tracks. But again, I have no idea how that would affect multiplayer, sorry.

Last edited:
Yes

Unfortunately editing the kn5 means problems online, and even a ban on systems like RSR :( (you might be confused for a cheater)

Does that also apply for mods which make track alterations to include working start lights on tracks?
I'm confused on how it all works. The file is basically a model replacer, much like those files.

If that is the case though, then there's potentially an easy solution. Don't run the new kn5 when racing online. Move the kn5 out of the folder and edit the .ini, and it won't be there. The reskin will still be there, just without the green corkscrew textures. If that works for a solution, I can give instructions on what to do?

I just want to add that this is a replacer kn5 I made, it's not a Kunos original file (other than a texture). I really don't want the mod to be removed from a misunderstanding as I've worked really hard on it.

Last edited:
@CorsairBadger don’t worry, it won’t be removed ;) just warn people that if they plan on racing online or hotlap with RSR they would be better off not installing the modified kn5 ;)

That's good. The last thing I want to do is annoy the moderators on my first mod lol.
Sorry for my earlier questions, I'm trying to understand/learn how the game works from a modders perspective.

I am releasing a new update as I found an issue with the kn5 file which has now been fixed. I will update the information on the Overview to state the potential multiplayer issues.

CorsairBadger updated Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA & Indycar Retexture (Content Manager Skin) with a new update entry:

v1.0.2 - kn5 fix

Fixed an issue with the green_corkscrew.kn5 where I had missed a small part of the new faces and as such, a hole was showing through the map at the run-off of turn 6.

View attachment 351402

Sorry for all the updates over the last two days. This should be the last one, unless something major appears and needs fixing.

Thank you for the support, and I hope you all enjoy Laguna Seca 2019/2020!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@CorsairBadger Downloaded the package file, but winrar kept giving me errors when i was trying too read the readme's, saying that there is nothing in there or located, which means that the package has a error with no data being found. Not sure if you would be able too help?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.