Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA & Indycar Retexture (Content Manager Skin)

Tracks Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA & Indycar Retexture (Content Manager Skin) 1.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
CorsairBadger submitted a new resource:

Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA Retexture (Content Manager Skin) - A simple retexture of Laguna Seca to match the kerbs and sponsors to the 2019 IMSA version

View attachment 347839

A simple retexture of Kunos' Laguna Seca to update it to the 2019 version with updated sponsors. This version has been changed to match the Laguna Seca seen during the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

I might revisit this and create an Indycar variant too, changing the sponsors to match.

View attachment 347840

The Changes
  • Changed kerbs to Red and White.
  • Change 'sausage kerbs' to Yellow.
  • Removed all Mazda...

Read more about this resource...

The material of these arrows is called: lines_blu

It has this RGBA masking layer: "blu_lines_mask.dds"
where red calls your green painted tarmac
and green calls "asph-paint-detail_blue.dds"

If you want to get rid of the blue arrows on the pit-devide area try adjusting "blu_lines_mask.dds"
So if you open it and paint it all red. It "should" work.

I tried it but somehow I cannot get it to work either. :(
Maybe it's in which order AC reads the textures...

Another work around could be recolouring "asph-paint-detail_blue.dds"

good luck

The material of these arrows is called: lines_blu

It has this RGBA masking layer: "blu_lines_mask.dds"
where red calls your green painted tarmac
and green calls "asph-paint-detail_blue.dds"

If you want to get rid of the blue arrows on the pit-devide area try adjusting "blu_lines_mask.dds"
So if you open it and paint it all red. It "should" work.

I tried it but somehow I cannot get it to work either. :(
Maybe it's in which order AC reads the textures...

Another work around could be recolouring "asph-paint-detail_blue.dds"

good luck

I tried the RGBA method as well as painting the asph-paint-detail_blue.dds green to match but nothing worked. After a bit more fiddling with the textures, I found that leaving the mask alone and changing the asph-paint-detail_blue.dds to a grey-white colour worked. It seems a little counterintuitive to me, but if it works it works lol.
But as of now, the blue lines are invisible.

IMSA_2019_EDIT.png

Thank you for your advice. :thumbsup:

An update will come soon with the all green pit-divide as well as some more updated sponsors around the track.
Still toying with the idea of an Indycar version. So I might include that in the final 1.0 release, or release it seperately at a later date.

Try making the green astroturf on corners like the corkscrew with this material:View attachment 348278
The name is simply this:
View attachment 348279

It's not quite as simple as that. I have tried to do what you have suggested a couple of days ago (before you posted your post today) and have spent a few days trying to figure it out, but to no avail.
The problem is, material asphault_dark isn't a texture I can simply change. It's a built up material of two textures and multiple masks. It uses asph_2 as it's main texture, which is also used around the track in various places with various masks. If I change that texture to be the green that you see at the Corkscrew, you get green all over the track including the run-off area at turn 1, the tarmac on the outside of pit straight as well as at the section of tarmac off-track at turn 9 (as well as some other areas).
Adjusting the mask messes up the whole track texture as it shares some of the same masks as asphalt_dark, so that isn't an obvious solution either.

This is the result of simply changing asphalt_dark and/or associated textures like asph_2.
adjusting asph2.png

You get the green at the Corkscrew, but at the cost of the other areas. The issue is within Kunos' way of making this material. I'm working on trying to find a solution for it but it's very tricky, bearing in mind this is my first mod for AC too so I'm still learning how Kunos build their content. This is why I've left it Vanilla until a solution can be found. If I can't find a solution, then the 1.0 version will be without the green at the Corkscrew and run-off at turn 6 because it is the lesser of two evils (in my opinion).

Here's what the Corkscrew looks like in ACC (Assetto Corsa Competizione) for comparison:
View attachment 348280

I have been using up-to-date photos and multiple race footage videos from IMSA, Indycar, and even track days as reference to get the textures and colours as correct as possible.

Hi @CorsairBadger ,
if you want to get rid of the Mazda logo on the tower just put these lines into the ks_laguna_seca.ini and it is gone.

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = hide some objects
FILE = 5.kn5
HIDE = Bld_corkscrew_chrome?

Normally this file is contained in extension\config\tracks\loaded

Thank you for the kind hint @slider666 from gtplanet forum.

Hi @CorsairBadger ,
if you want to get rid of the Mazda logo on the tower just put these lines into the ks_laguna_seca.ini and it is gone.

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = hide some objects
FILE = 5.kn5
HIDE = Bld_corkscrew_chrome?

Normally this file is contained in extension\config\tracks\loaded

Thank you for the kind hint @slider666 from gtplanet forum.

Thank you. That worked perfectly!

Can I package this new ks_laguna_seca.ini in with my mod, or do I have to give people instructions of how to do this with their own .ini file? I don't want to breach Race Department uploading rules.

I would think you may do it however you want but think about giving clear instructions how-to since some users are not familar with CSP nor use it (and it won´t work for them, too)....

I think I'll include the .ini file in the mod, but make it a seperate folder with instructions so people can add it seperately if they want to.
Hopefully including the .ini won't breach any Race Department terms and conditions.

Thank you for your help!

CorsairBadger updated Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA Retexture (Content Manager Skin) with a new update entry:

Laguna Seca 2019 CM Skin Pack v0.9.4

More retextures and reworks. Added 2019 Indycar version to create a pack of two skins.

Update version 0.9.1 Changelog:
-Removed blue lines in pit-divide area
-Updated all sponsors across the track
-Retextured the Cooper Tires bridge
-Tweaked curb textures

Update Version 0.9.4 Changelog:
-Tweaked green tarmac to better suit real-life colours
-Fixed an issue where curb texture would have green inside cracked/damaged areas of the texture
-Retextured the Cooper Tires bridge to be more correct...

Read the rest of this update entry...

CorsairBadger updated Laguna Seca 2019 IMSA & Indycar Retexture (Content Manager Skin) with a new update entry:

Laguna Seca v1.0.0

After nearly a month of trying to get it done, I have. I have managed to get Green Tarmac at the Corkscrew. To accomplish this I created a new KN5 file with the adjustments needed as well as changing the .ini to replace the KS files with my own.

I'm really happy with the result, and 3 weeks of banging my head against a wall has finally come to an end!

View attachment 351231
View attachment 351232

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you make the green bits a bit brighter? They look a bit too dark compared to the track in ACC and even GT Sport

As stated previously, I have tried to replicate real life broadcasts and photos of the colour more than other game versions due to in-game baked lighting and post processing effects. But I'll brighten it up for you with a v1.0.1.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back