Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
there are still these three errors with latest "0.8.2.1 (hotfix)" in "documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt":

ERROR: Mesh 1GRASS_ESSESOUTER_SUB0 CAN BE: GRASS OUT
ERROR: Mesh 1GRASS_ESSESOUTER_SUB2 CAN BE: GRASS OUT
ERROR: Mesh 1GRASS_ESSESOUTER_SUB1 CAN BE: GRASS OUT

it was mentioned earlier, just rename those meshes to something without "OUT" in it
maybe thats also the reason, that a newly recorded ai-line is not saved

@Prototype_ Was able to try the newest hotfix and drove a few laps on different Conditions with the AMG GT3. With a bit of fiddling on the Setup i was able to do 1.41.4xx on low Temps (below 30° Celcius) and consistent 1.42.2xx on "extreme" Conditions with 36° Celcius and overheating Tyres.
As @mclarenf1papa already stated, i don't know how accurate the Kunos GT3 Cars are and how accurate my Laptimes are.

But the Grip Level now feels better and more Realistic compared to the 0.8 Version.

OK!
Did name change on that mesh,and can confirm AI now SAVES.
And - it saves to whichever ai folder is currently being used - ie winter or summer - no need for root ai folder.
Having looked at this current ai line, I see it did it in August, and was deliberately conservative, for testing purposes, and then I just kinda forgot about it. I think with a proper racing line, we will get this pretty fast!

@Prototype_ Was able to try the newest hotfix and drove a few laps on different Conditions with the AMG GT3. With a bit of fiddling on the Setup i was able to do 1.41.4xx on low Temps (below 30° Celcius) and consistent 1.42.2xx on "extreme" Conditions with 36° Celcius and overheating Tyres.
As @mclarenf1papa already stated, i don't know how accurate the Kunos GT3 Cars are and how accurate my Laptimes are.

But the Grip Level now feels better and more Realistic compared to the 0.8 Version.
For one, the real cars all run a hard compound, but yeah, the KS cars are not good. Additionally, altitude isn’t simulated in vanilla AC. Tested with the IER 458 and laptimes are reasonable.

Kyalami historical image overlay showing the three major changes during i'ts history (not the best image, but you get the idea)

Kyalami_3in1x.jpg

just catching up for today but unlike others i did not have an issue getting a new fast lane last night using 0.8.2.1. It correctly went into the summer\ai folder which is the track option i used

Update:
Out of curiosity I tried recording a fastlane via keyboard this morning and now it worked as usual.
So I'll try to record a line this week when I get behind the wheel.

Kyalami historical image overlay showing the three major changes during i'ts history (not the best image, but you get the idea)

View attachment 336294

That's interesting! I didn't realize the old pits was so far away from the new one. I had always thought that the pits was in the same place but just driven to other direction. Thanks for the comparison pic.

That's interesting! I didn't realize the old pits was so far away from the new one. I had always thought that the pits was the same but just turned 180 degrees. Thanks for the comparison pic.
You can actually drive that historic version in Automobilista. Quite good fun in the V8's, especially Sunset.

You can actually drive that historic version in Automobilista. Quite good fun in the V8's, especially Sunset.

Yeah I know. :) There's 1967 (well apparently it's in fact 1976) version for AC too. I knew it was driven to clockwise before. I just thought the same area was used for both pits.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/africa/south-africa/kyalami/#.XdwduegzYuU

Click along the DATES on the top image to see the various layouts over the years.

I'm happy to say I've been to and have experienced each and every layout change as a spectator, since the first layout.
I was 8 years old (1979) when my dad and I watched our first race there.

The last 3 layouts (actually 2 layouts, just a chicane change), Ive driven in cars, and Ive done the previous track ('09) on superbikes, as well as 250 2-stroke Gp bikes.

The chicane on the '93 track was a killer for the bike guys, so was removed.

Last edited:

Click along the DATES on the top image to see the various layouts over the years.

I'm happy to say I've been to and have experienced each and every layout change as a spectator, since the first layout.

The last 3 layouts (actually 2 layouts, just a chicane change), Ive driven in cars, and Ive done the previous track ('09) on superbikes, as well as 250 2-stroke Gp bikes.

i was there in '84, '92 & '93. Can't remember if the chicane was in or not in '93. Was on the grand stand at Conti Corner. Did they put the chicane in after the gp?

Wow, amazing that you have seen every layout. :confused:

That 1988 layout looks quite strange, though - lack of braking zones. I assume back then it was not a big problem with the cars they had, though. Probably helluva fun just to drive and not race, though. And pretty good for track days, since you won't need to spend a fortune on brakes every 20 minutes.

I was at the 1992 grand prix, but I do not remember much at all as I was just 6 at the time.

They added the chicane quite soon after the 3rd layout was done, and in 2009 it was removed. Death trap for bikes.
----

BTW, getting 1:40's on AI right now, but AI on the edge with 30 GT cars, especially on the first 2 corners of a race, getting a bit aggressive on 100% aggression.

A line thats giving 1:41-1:43 on average for AI is behaving better with 30 cars, with not too aggressive hints and danger warnings still keeping the pack behaving for the most part.

@RowanZa set up a really nice hints file, which is getting mildly tweaked for the new ai line.
I will probably still err on the side of the conservative, for the next update, which I plan on doing soon, but expect better AI competitiveness nonetheless.

We can continue over the next couple updates to work on this to get it faster and more consistent with a full grid of cars.

Hi guys, spectacular track, great textures.
Just a question; I have a problem when I exit the track (online), I use content manager and shader patch. I state that this error comes out only using "Kyalami" .... I get an error at the exit (gpu overthread, overclock gpu) as if there was a graphic problem.
I own an RTX 2060 Super and I have no problems with other tracks and other games. Can you test it online or help me? Could it be a bug being a beta? Thanks.

Hi guys, spectacular track, great textures.
Just a question; I have a problem when I exit the track (online), I use content manager and shader patch. I state that this error comes out only using "Kyalami" .... I get an error at the exit (gpu overthread, overclock gpu) as if there was a graphic problem.
I own an RTX 2060 Super and I have no problems with other tracks and other games. Can you test it online or help me? Could it be a bug being a beta? Thanks.
Weird, no one else has reported this before. Nothing different with the way this track was built... Maybe a few textures are larger than what most people use, but then again, your card should have no issues handling it.

What patch version are you on? Have you tried going back a version or 2?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.