General Kunos shuts down modding section of official forums

"If somebody thinks this decision will want to make them stop using AC then good luck to them for their future endeavors, it was a great pleasure to have you here." sounds like someone over at Kunos is salty over losing customers ;)
Basically sounds like AC will dissapoint like pCars did when it was finally launched :D

Yes, lets move to AMS or RRRE.
Kunos you destroyed my life. My hometown of thousands WIPs will be deleted.

The official forum will die, so AC also will die. Its so sad :coffee:

:sneaky:

Long live AC and his community(modders incl.)
:geek:

For example when you want update the version number or tell that your track/car is not w.i.p. anymore. That feature is really useful in the other forum.
I think you are misunderstanding the point of this forum. Its for discussion and wip only.

Releases will still only go through the resource manager http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

Upon uploading a file a release (aka support thread) will automatically be created in the mods forum.

It's also interesting how negative comments are made by people who are (were) doing physics modding, and that section is not going anywhere.

Ever tried to do any physics modding without a 3d model? There's literally no point.

This statement is like a country banning automobiles and then wondering why all the tire manufacturers are upset. :rolleyes:

If all you're going to do is condescend and insult our intelligence, can I politely ask you to stick to your own forum to do it? Getting plenty of it over there at the moment.

A strange decision indeed. I feel quite angry about it. Luckily all my 53 mods are available here on RD but to cut loose on the official site is Kunos madness. A couple of my modding colleagues that only submit on offical have a mountain of a job to move and re-upload. Most of the content isnt locally saved as it was uploaded. They have to download their own submitted work themselves to then upload either on here or elsewhere. All of us modded since day one, general feeling is "can't be bothered with that, i'll just play it more instead". I think it will hurt AC. Remember though, when AC hits the console, PC will become the minority overnight. PC created it, its like biting the hand that feeds you.

A strange decision indeed. I feel quite angry about it. Luckily all my 53 mods are available here on RD but to cut loose on the official site is Kunos madness. A couple of my modding colleagues that only submit on offical have a mountain of a job to move and re-upload. Most of the content isnt locally saved as it was uploaded. They have to download their own submitted work themselves to then upload either on here or elsewhere. All of us modded since day one, general feeling is "can't be bothered with that, i'll just play it more instead". I think it will hurt AC. Remember though, when AC hits the console, PC will become the minority overnight. PC created it, its like biting the hand that feeds you.
Cars, tracks, and liveries are sizable files. I don't think the forum upload functionality allows so many MBs. That is mostly for text files. Modders give link to RD or link from a file hosting service. So there isn't the problem you described.

Ever tried to do any physics modding without a 3d model? There's literally no point.

This statement is like a country banning automobiles and then wondering why all the tire manufacturers are upset. :rolleyes:

If all you're going to do is condescend and insult our intelligence, can I politely ask you to stick to your own forum to do it? Getting plenty of it over there at the moment.

I think you misunderstood me, my post was not directed at every physics modder but a few select individuals who jump on anything coming from Kunos regardless of whether it affects them or not, just for the sake of complaining and generating unnecessary drama and conspiracy over something that will eventually be figured out by the devs and the community anyway.

• Deleted member 223075

Bad news but i'm all on time on RD. So new section on RD is good news.

I think you misunderstood me, my post was not directed at every physics modder but a few select individuals who jump on anything coming from Kunos regardless of whether it affects them or not, just for the sake of complaining and generating unnecessary drama and conspiracy over something that will eventually be figured out by the devs and the community anyway.
you are wasting your own energy, there is no point arguing, dont even know what their goal is. you might as well just go along with the other devs and start hyping up whatever is coming on the 17th

Next time just mention who are you refering to :)

Meanwhile official forum is getting full of complains, with Stefano threatening to ban more people at 12pm in the night, but yeah we are as usual the bad boys.

Last edited:
Seems like developers are already threatening people with bans on AC forum for just expressing their disappointment with this decision. I guess the best for their own mental health would be to close those forums for good, after all most of the activity was on the modding section that they just closed.

But when I say the handling model has been simplified for the console release, suddenly I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist.

That's just because it always has been this simple. As far back as i can remember it always felt flat and cars have always been understeering on throttle lift. They don't do that in real life.

You can't help but wonder what Kunos is going to do next, to make some new friends.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.