General Kunos shuts down modding section of official forums

burrito

It's an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/modding-section-subforums-terms-of-use.33407/

Following an announcement Kunos have decided to prevent any mod content to be present on their forums. Modders have been given until the 17th to move content to other platforms. Unfortunately I can't see many modders carrying on after this announcement so instead of cleaning the support forum it is more likely they have stunted most of the current WIP mods.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/mod-downloads-to-be-closed-indefinitely.33408/

It is still unclear if info threads situated in the car and track sub forum will remain or also be deleted on the 17th.

Discuss

Last edited:
Hi burrito,

Instead of just posting hotlinks, please consider giving a quick recap of what is actually happening so people can actually discuss it :) You're welcome to post the hotlinks in addition to a paragraph or something, but often posts like these can be mistaken for Spam posts as they feature nothing but a link.

Thanks mate!
Chris.

Your thread title is completely wrong. AC will still be moddable and help for modders will still be provided in their official forums.

Edit: thanks for changing the title :) The modding section will still be open but its more accurate than the first title.

Last edited:
Hi burrito,

Instead of just posting hotlinks, please consider giving a quick recap of what is actually happening so people can actually discuss it :) You're welcome to post the hotlinks in addition to a paragraph or something, but often posts like these can be mistaken for Spam posts as they feature nothing but a link.

Thanks mate!
Chris.
Done :)

Something's definitely going on behind the scenes. Probably something to do with the console release I expect. I can't imagine it took them like 2 years to figure out that there are a lot of people who try to upload illegally converted and ripped mods. So I highly doubt that distraction and workload were substantial factors. But that's just my take on it and I could easily be wrong (in fact I probably am, lol).

But hey ho, It's their forum, people should respect their decisions.

In the mean time, we have our Modding section for all things Assetto Corsa :) *End shameless plug* :p

Last edited:
The title of this thread is very misleading and should be changed, by a mod if necessary. Modding is still supported in the game, all they are doing is closing the subforums for cars, tracks and liveries.

@Chris Stacey is there any chance of opening "Car Modding" and "Track Modding" subforums over here to replace what will be disappearing on the AC forum? A concern for some people is that on RD you cant make a thread to document and discuss the development from scratch of a mod, and can only have a discussion thread once you have something downloadable.

edit: also agree the title is unnecessarily misleading

I don't think this are bad news, after all official AC forums are being moderated by some developers with a very light finger above the ban button. If all the modding discussions find their place on RD we will be able to enjoy them with a more constructive, free and healthy environment.

Ah okay, so I've read what they're doing and yeah, I changed the title to more accurately reflect the situation. Still, language barriers can be an issue so I don't blame buritto for making what was most likely an honest mistake.

All good :)

@Chris Stacey is there any chance of opening "Car Modding" and "Track Modding" subforums over here to replace what will be disappearing on the AC forum? A concern for some people is that on RD you cant make a thread to document and discuss the development from scratch of a mod, and can only have a discussion thread once you have something downloadable.
We can certainly look into it :)
No doubt it would be very useful for modders to showcase their works in a more personalised environment.

Last edited:
Yeah sections for cars, tracks, and maybe skins would be helpful. Really upsetting news honestly. Not for my track threads as they are hosted here anyway, but I've spent a ton of time making tutorials and helping people with tracks on that forum. I guess I'll have to take the time and grab it all and post it here. It would be a shame to loose all the great information that has been posted over there.

Lord has answered

"guys just a couple of clarifications and then I will let you continue with your rants.<br /><br />The situation is very unfortunate and we are to blame to let this go for too long without anybody taking actions. Sadly these action are going to upset somebody and we'll all have to live with it.<br />There was a basic misunderstanding about the role and the meaning of the "3D Models" and "Tracks" subsection of the modding forum were. This is mainly a support forum and not a community forum. It is supposed to be a place where people interested in either fixing a problem with AC, or doing something with AC come to find information.<br />Sadly those forums turned into showcases of stuff instead of places to ask questions regarding mods, it was simply not the intended use of a tool tshat we wanted to offer.<br />In the future we'll either re open those forums or open new ones with the clear intent of offering support to those with questions regarding modding and not as a artist showcase.<br /><br />I understand the decision will make some people happy, and I am totally fine letting you vent your disappointment in this thread (as long you are able to keep it civilized)... but I am pretty sure your lives will be fine just as they were fine before AC came out. People wanting to showcase their works will have to find another place on the internet, luckily, there are very good candidates available... I am confident the new support forum for modding will remain a great reference for those looking to create content or AC.<br />I apologize for the abrupt decision, but it was one of those things that it was going to hurt more the more it was going to be allowed to go on, this is a learning process for us and we're always trying to do what we think is the best for the project.<br /><b><u>Tutorials and relevant info threads WILL NOT BE DELETED.. that is the ENTIRE point of having those forums.</u></b><br /><br />If somebody thinks this decision will want to make them stop using AC then good luck to them for their future endeavors, it was a great pleasure to have you here."

Lord has answered

"guys just a couple of clarifications and then I will let you continue with your rants.<br /><br />The situation is very unfortunate and we are to blame to let this go for too long without anybody taking actions. Sadly these action are going to upset somebody and we'll all have to live with it.<br />There was a basic misunderstanding about the role and the meaning of the "3D Models" and "Tracks" subsection of the modding forum were. This is mainly a support forum and not a community forum. It is supposed to be a place where people interested in either fixing a problem with AC, or doing something with AC come to find information.<br />Sadly those forums turned into showcases of stuff instead of places to ask questions regarding mods, it was simply not the intended use of a tool tshat we wanted to offer.<br />In the future we'll either re open those forums or open new ones with the clear intent of offering support to those with questions regarding modding and not as a artist showcase.<br /><br />I understand the decision will make some people happy, and I am totally fine letting you vent your disappointment in this thread (as long you are able to keep it civilized)... but I am pretty sure your lives will be fine just as they were fine before AC came out. People wanting to showcase their works will have to find another place on the internet, luckily, there are very good candidates available... I am confident the new support forum for modding will remain a great reference for those looking to create content or AC.<br />I apologize for the abrupt decision, but it was one of those things that it was going to hurt more the more it was going to be allowed to go on, this is a learning process for us and we're always trying to do what we think is the best for the project.<br /><b><u>Tutorials and relevant info threads WILL NOT BE DELETED.. that is the ENTIRE point of having those forums.</u></b><br /><br />If somebody thinks this decision will want to make them stop using AC then good luck to them for their future endeavors, it was a great pleasure to have you here."
OK if tutorials remain then I am good with that. I'll grab my threads anyway just in case.

RD staff be like
giphy.gif

BTW the title is still misleading, the general modding section, and thus modding support will stay, hopefully in a more focused way to specific issues and questions as fewer resources will be required to be the "mod police". Any speculation looking for a "deeper meaning" is laughable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back