General Kunos shuts down modding section of official forums

1. Build a modding platform.
2. Spend three years letting the modding community grow.
3. Use the official modding forums to scout talent, implement good projects into AC vanilla content or DLC.
4. Randomly shut it all down one day and call it a useless place to inflate egos.

?????????

1. Build a modding platform.
2. Spend three years letting the modding community grow.
3. Use the official modding forums to scout talent, implement good projects into AC vanilla content or DLC.
4. Randomly shut it all down one day and call it a useless place to inflate egos.

?????????

5. And insult his own client base as if we were just expandable garbage...

Take a few minutes to understand the tag system and you'll see that everything isn't crammed in one forum. Prefixes are clickable and filter their category.
Small thing. Would you consider allowing people to change the thread titles in the new section?

I'm surprised that nobody puts two and two together. They simply don't want Average Joe to join the forum, see tons of mods and then be disappointed that he can't use all that stuff with his PS4 / Xbox One version of the game.

But when I say the handling model has been simplified for the console release, suddenly I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist.

But when I say the handling model has been simplified for the console release, suddenly I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist.
But of course you're not being taken serious when you say that, even more when 1.5 added updates to tyres and physics that weren't there before or didn't work well (dev blog 3/3 explained this).
So you simply say they are lying and the game is dumbed down because since 1.5 temperatures/grip relation works better when in 1.3 and 1.4 tyres weren't capable of achieving optimum temperatures at all, so grip remained as if they were cold tyres. And before 1.3 there were only core temperatures and probably small relation between grip and temperature.
The fact that certain corners like schumacher S and eau rouge-raidillon are harder to take and not flat out easy as before is a sign of dumbing down the game? I guess you need Kunos to give you 90s street tyre option for racing cars instead of slicks, a la your GT6 review from today.
Don't take it as I'm saying tyres/physics are perfect and finished, probably there will be more updates to it, but what is there today has more realistic characteristics and behavior than in older versions.

On another topic, glad there are now WIP threads here in the modding section. I didn't have much business with them in AC forums before, only visiting them some times to check on new mods or certain ones I liked. But a group of people used these type of track/car/liveries sections more frequently and to keep engaged with the mod users. So is good there's now an alternative here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back