F1 2010 Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
@ MADscuderia, I agree that not using all the gears is a waste of potential and is stupid in basic.

but in his defence, if you are manual shifting and it protects you from screwing your shift up then I think it is smarter to "remove" a gear then to lose control.

i was using ramon van rijns setup and it was like i was driving with a boat (i was in a lotus maybe thats the problem??) but i only did 7laps on sepang i managed to get a 1.41 with default setup pretty bad but with ramon van rijns setup i only could get a 1.41

some of these setups are better suited for better cars the lower grid cars dont really take well to the faster paced cars as they lack the performance and mechanical grip that other cars do

• Reefer

i was using ramon van rijns setup and it was like i was driving with a boat (i was in a lotus maybe thats the problem??) but i only did 7laps on sepang i managed to get a 1.41 with default setup pretty bad but with ramon van rijns setup i only could get a 1.41

Oooh , i was just about to post something this afternoon on this matter. Have the same feeling. feeling like an ice skater on 4 wheels.

Glad i am not the only. 1, guess i'll not be making the objectives for this race ;-)

@ MADscuderia, I agree that not using all the gears is a waste of potential and is stupid in basic.

but in his defence, if you are manual shifting and it protects you from screwing your shift up then I think it is smarter to "remove" a gear then to lose control.

How can you "screw up your shift up"?? Specially when it's 7th gear we're talking about, I think the engine screaming in the rev limiter would hint you to shift up?
If a driver doesn't understand enough to get the shifts right, then you also don't need these advanced setups. Just stroll around in the quick setups till you can at least up and downshift, right?

Actually, there are a few tracks that F1 Cars don't use 7th gear and they do setup there cars to use only up to 6th gear. However, Kuala Lumpar isn't one of them. There is also a few tracks that F1 Cars don't use 1st gear, but again, Kuala Lumpar isn't one of them.

On a side note, I think if people want to use only 5 or 6 gears, and want to suggest a 5 or 6 gear setup, then hey, why not. If those setups are not to your liking, then just ignore there setup and move on to the next.

Last but not least. I've been trying so many different setups with Kuala Lumpar. I swear this track hates the 3 new teams, cause I'm in the top 300 PC drivers on time trials in a McLaren, but I can't for the life of me get into the 1:38's in Career with a Lotus.

If anyone thinks they have a good setup for a Lotus, I would be greatly interested.

If anyone thinks they have a good setup for a Lotus, I would be greatly interested.
Give me a couple of hours Kaz and I'll post back with a set up that works for me in a Lotus. It'll be a variation on the set up in the first post but it should work. I'll warn you about any under/over steering.

I did the same with the Melbourne set up, still had understeering probs but I was competitive at the high end of the field. Qualified 8th, finished 3rd. Averaged about 1 second a lap faster by the end of the race. AI set to legendary.

Actually, there are a few tracks that F1 Cars don't use 7th gear and they do setup there cars to use only up to 6th gear. However, Kuala Lumpar isn't one of them. There is also a few tracks that F1 Cars don't use 1st gear, but again, Kuala Lumpar isn't one of them.

On a side note, I think if people want to use only 5 or 6 gears, and want to suggest a 5 or 6 gear setup, then hey, why not. If those setups are not to your liking, then just ignore there setup and move on to the next.

Last but not least. I've been trying so many different setups with Kuala Lumpar. I swear this track hates the 3 new teams, cause I'm in the top 300 PC drivers on time trials in a McLaren, but I can't for the life of me get into the 1:38's in Career with a Lotus.

sorry man but they use all there gears, they set there ratios so that the car is just about bouncing of the limter on the longest straight

Argh this track is frustrating me. I can't get on the gas early enough coming off 4, I under steer into 6, again under steer through 7 and 8, under steer 11, and miss my braking/under steer into 14. I can't get the balance right with my setup. Need more turning ability without sacrificing down force but I can't find the sweet zone.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 3
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 354 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: 15-20. I'm testing this for the race
AlignmentCamber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

Now what do I have to change to get more turning ability without the down force loss?

Actually, there are a few tracks that F1 Cars don't use 7th gear and they do setup there cars to use only up to 6th gear. However, Kuala Lumpar isn't one of them.

What the hell? If you say this in the face of an F1 engineer he'd slap you. Not using one of the gears is effectively wasting 1/7th of the performance. The gear changes are so quick that not using a gear doesn't mean a gain in time, ever.
Do you have any evidence of this? Can you show me an on board lap where a car doesn't shift to 7th?

Hey guys. I'm in my first season in a 7 season career w/ Virgin (who i think is by far the best of the starting 3). This is my second run at the career mode (I only made it to like round 7 or 8 before my game glitched and corrupted my save) and I believe I won the first time around with one of the default set ups. Now, I'm trying to use Fallas' set up and it feels like my car doesn't want to turn. Any suggestions?

I'm on the Xbox 360 by the way.

1.32.338 so far.

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Gearbox
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A
AlignmentCamber front: -1.00

Thx :wink:

1.32.338 so far.

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Gearbox
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A
AlignmentCamber front: -1.00

Great setup got 1:30.799

• DannySkeff

also theres no need for calling people morons keep that to yourself please

I'd just like to add that this so called "moronic" setup has just helped me get into the top 220 in time trial (McLaren) (Automatic) (PS3) (G27) with a 1:30.856.
For me, this set up worked out half a second faster than Ramon's and loosing both the bottom and top gears was a big advantage into and out of the first and second corners! I'll be using Ramon's set up for any on-line races and I truly believe I can get into the 1:29's with the Fallas set up in time trial. So thank you both for sharing these set ups.

Danny

• DannySkeff

I have to say that fallas gear ratio is genius man!! Good job man, really fast acceleration!

Paulus the Man.. I've been chasing your (1:47.***) ghost around Sakhir since day 1 and I hope that Fallas appreciates that this has got to be the biggest compliment for his gear ratio setup that he could possibly receive IMHO coming from you! I'm now going to download your ghost for Kuala Lumpur and spend all this weekend not catching that one either lol.
Just so you know Fallas, Paulus's time for Kuala Lumpur is around 1:28.600!
What's that old saying MADscuderia... Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Danny

What the hell? If you say this in the face of an F1 engineer he'd slap you. Not using one of the gears is effectively wasting 1/7th of the performance. The gear changes are so quick that not using a gear doesn't mean a gain in time, ever.
Do you have any evidence of this? Can you show me an on board lap where a car doesn't shift to 7th?

Well, 7th gear would be used on all of the 2010 tracks. 1st gear not so much, other than start of a race, depending on the layout. On the tracks that 2nd gear isn't used in qualifying it would be used during the high fuel load period of the race and in heavy traffic times like the first few laps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back