F1 2010 Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have tried all setups and i have real problems with understeer, i have increased the rear wing, made the rear suspention softer, increased the front suspention, highered the rear ride hight to no avial. I like to brake late and get on the power early, some oversteer is fine but understeer is every drivers worse nightmare. In fact i like my car to oversteer a little (not to much though). The best setup so far was the one bellow, i got a 1:37.660 in a 20% race distance with all sims on.

250px-Sepang.svg.png

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 354 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A
AlignmentCamber front: -1.00
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

So my question, does anyone know or have a setup that offers great traction and speed for this track because i need one that has almost no understeer and i haven't found any that don't understeer yet.

this is for the people in lotus which have problems turning into corners

firstly
brake balance 48/52
high
small

secondly
set rear suspension 2clicks higher and drop the stiffness to around 2or 3 on the rear

thirdly i dnt knw if this helps or not
but on allinment
set 1 2 and 4 all the way left
and set 3 to far right

i dont know if its a cobination of all these or just some but my car turns nicely around here

sorry for spelling but u get what i mean and am xbox with controler

XBL williamb

Thanks William Bush, i will try it. I have already done all that apart from the allinments, i made a few changes the the rear wings by increasing them 2 clicks forward and that helped a little but not to the extent i am use to, maybe this track is not for late braking but more about braking early and carrying as much speed through the corner as you can but i wouldn't know due to understeer. But i will test these settings out and see later on tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks William Bush, i will try it. I have already done all that apart from the allinments, i made a few changes the the rear wings by increasing them 2 clicks forward and that helped a little but not to the extent i am use to, maybe this track is not for late braking but more about braking early and carrying as much speed through the corner as you can but i wouldn't know due to understeer. But i will test these settings out and see later on tonight or tomorrow.

did you have a go ? how did you find it

MY time on Oualifing are 1.32.6** possible 1.32.5**

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 6(race 7 or 8 )
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size:

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 30% - R 70%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 10
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 2
Gearbox
Gear 1: 142 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 175 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 207 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 237 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 266 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 292 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 325 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A
AlignmentCamber front: all left
Camber rear:all left
Toe front: all left
Toe rear: all left

No sorry bud, i've been busy trying to get use to driving with no assists for the league race at Budapest this weekend. I will try it out tomorrow before i start testing, and post back how it went.

Hi,

I am in a racing league with friends and need to come top.. am struggling in 2nd place at the moment... the guy in first place is just too fast - really need some help with car setups.....

We currently race with the following:
Console - PS3
Using - Steering Wheel
Transmission - AUTO
Traction - Full
ABS - On
Brake Assist - Off
Damage - Full
Tyre Wear - Full
All cars equal - Yes

I have done my TT using viktors 1:26 setup and have got a 1:31 (AUTO) which is good enough for me to learn the track.

I would to know what are the best setups for QUALI and RACE (including which tyres to use at what time) - it is a 40% race (22 Laps)

Can anyone help?? My race is in two days!!

On Virgin Team 2nd year season.Strugling on this race...also in the past on ps2 consol..when it was F1 challenge lol..at E2 cannot be better of 1.42.536 lap. i hope to do better on that race..i have all assist disable and have all simulation option real full domage;tire fuel simulation and no TC No abs i prefer that.

In my first year career (after YLOD on PS3 pretty much forced me to start over) in the Virgin I was clocking late 1:41's using Viktors set up. Im in P2 session and thought I'd try changing the brake pressure to low (just to see what happened.) After a few laps of getting used to these new brakes, I managed a 1:39.7 and thats using the D-pad and that was done on prime tyres too, I impressed myself with that one :)

Using the OPs set-up and posting 1:40.9 in primes with a standard lotus.... any good? =[

Edit: Scrap that : 1:39.8 now... really was a good lap dont think i could better!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 94 13.7%