Tracks KsEditor crashes when importing .fbx

Hello. I'm building a track and i need to have fence somewhere. Now kseditor works with one fence, but if i have more of them, it wont open the file, it just crash on import the fbx. I installed 4gb patch, now it just loading and nothing happens, but it doesnt crash. Please help.
thank you

here is the folder with fbx and textures

Last edited:
You are using actual geometry for the fences (104k vertices per fence element). This will have a massive impact on loading times and is definately not needed.
A 2D texture with alpha transparency (and if you like, a normal map) will do the job just fine. And it won't crash the ksEditor :)

Something like this is free to download:

The same goes for your tyres. Use simpler geometry and apply a normal map.

Last edited:
okay thanks for response. now i am new to this. How to make 2d fence and tyres, and what is a normal map? because i just imported 3d objects from the web

Last edited:
A 2D fence is just a simply rectangular polygon. You assign a fence texture (like the one in my link, but the alpha transparency texture must be an alpha channel on the diffuse texture), set the shader inside ksEditor to ksPerPixelAT and you're good to go. If you want you can apply a normal map (see that link again) to make the lighting a bit better. For fences seen from up close this may be nessecary. For fences along a track, I don't think it's worth the effort and resources.

You're free to use and alter my fence texture:

Shaders for AC tracks are all defined within the ksEditor. As long as the fence in 3dsmax has a material applied to it you can do anything with it in ksEditor.

thank you. I will try this guide. i have one problem i cant solve tho. most of my track surfaces work fine. but there is no grass and one road i made. it seems fine in 3ds max. but i cant see them in kseditor or ac. other surfaces work normally. naming and orientation is the same. idk what the problem.

Last edited:

Some stuff is seen from below, so the normals should be flipped :)
In 3dsmax, if possible, turn on back face culling so it's easier to see which polygons are the right way up.

1612432899424.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back