Cars KRB Audi S1 Silhouette

koDmUeu.jpg

Racepak LEDs work now. Also modelled, textured and spread a number of fasteners on the inside and the outside.

Also made the two big fans at the rear ..."work". Nicely spinning around.

:confused:... Do you know if the same technique can be used to create rotational animations for on track objects like Ferris wheels? I know there were a few track modders looking to do this but as far as I can tell they've not been successful yet.

:confused:... Do you know if the same technique can be used to create rotational animations for on track objects like Ferris wheels? I know there were a few track modders looking to do this but as far as I can tell they've not been successful yet.
That's why I wrote "work", I used TRANSMISSION Empties. So not possible for tracks.

• Deleted member 223075

The steering wheel appear to big.

From the 1.8 changelog:

- Modding: rotating object support, useful for cooling fans [ROTATING_OBJECT_0] in extra_animations (affects in-game)

Thought this could be useful for you :)

Thank you very much, this is indeed very useful. Currently the fan speed is dependent on wheel speed :p

The steering wheel appear to big.
I made it based on figures from OMP, it is quite big (I modelled a later, simpler version of the cockpit. But wheel is the same):
S_06.jpg

in this hot weather and because of being rather busy in real life i haven't done much on any car or AC at all lately. I did start "copying" the suspension and animation for the right side of the car tho. Straight up copying and mirroring is pretty much impossible due to the AC orientation conventions (or if it is, I haven't found out how yet)
lDLNW8g.jpg

It's something you have to "get in the zone" for :D :D But its not like all of those Empties have keyframes, only a few of them (hub, coilover top, coilover bottom, both wishbones, driveshaft, ARB). Five keyframes each.

Rest follows along through parenting

edit: doesn't help that I have over 40°C in this room. GPU fan is spinning, which it normally never does when only using Blender

only a single pic, but really intersting. I found a great way to make complicated manifolds and all kids of tubular things.
35CCtt3.jpg

for some reason there is no direct way to convert this part to polygons (or if their is, the guy on the thread I found this hadn't found it yet). But if you export that single part as .stl, and than re-import it to Blender, it will be converted to polygon mesh (in rather usable mesh resolution):

g7jXtFh.jpg

You can do that super easily in 3dsmax with a spline and sweep modifier, which can also be converted to polys - but that looks ace! Can't wait to see it in the car :D
Blender has a "Skin" modifier, but it can not skin Bezier or Nurbs curves, only vertices (the cage of my Porsche was made like that, wasting thousands of tris..)

I'm not sure yet how to texture it, real car had its ceramic coated, so looking rather bland.

you mean my project or the Audi A1 S1, that in AC sounds exactly like the 500 Abarth?

No, I mean... you take a car, add an exhaust + ECU remap + lowering springs and you get an "S1" upgrade. (In AC terms, not Audi terms.) Add an intake and adjustable struts, there's your "S2." Turbocharge it and call it "S3." By the time we get up to all the modifications on the KRB car, we're looking at S31409761346 for the step number. (Approximately.) :)

Well, actually from the drivetrain only the cylinder head is from an Audi RS2 :coffee: Everything else is from Volvo, VW, Ford, Porsche, Sellholm. True Scandinavian Gatebil build.

This is the manifold in the car. I'll have to think about an openable hood for the showroom... all that stuff and you can basically only see it in F7 mode.

xQsgSKt.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%