Cars KRB Audi S1 Silhouette

AccAkut

Premium
-Audi-736544 kleiner.jpg

ZCrGLp6.jpg

old from here on:
nzA1TcL.jpg

KRB_laptop1.jpg

Original WIP thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/kai-roger-bakkens-audi-s1-silhouette-wip.21004/

Guess/hope most know this car either from Speedhunters articles or Gatebil videos.
1000+ bhp, 4WD, looks like an Audi, sounds like one, but only Audi part in it's drivetrain is the cylinder head - I like this car.

Mod is 100% scratch made, RELEASE probably in late 2017 or so. I'm trying to do a bunch of things, mostly animation, that I've never done before, so it takes a lot of time.

Last edited:
GyjYz3J.jpg

Zwischenablage02.jpg

Its runs well. But still Taatus aero at work here. No texturing yet and half the interior is still missing. And no (working) animation, can't get to grips with it (the export that is. I have it set u working in Blender)

Last edited:
Lil picture-less update:

Thanks to Stereo I finally got to grips with suspension animation -> front Macpherson, rear DWB will be animated, including springs and ARBs. Steering arms are not yet working, as they use another AC internal thing (those DIR_ conventions), that so far don't do anything.

Found out how to do glowing spinning inboard brakes for the rear axle.

Physics wise I'll most likely wait out one of the Porsche DLCs, as this car uses Porsche Cup tires in real life, which I'd like to harvest (when they get added to the sdk folder ofc...). AWD system will not use the new AWD2 code, the used Sellholm box is a sturdy rallycross item with static 50/50 split, thus standard AWD code works here.

Its nothing too bad. Garden work can be evil.

Another pic from last night I forgot linking:

zBKhAQ9.jpg

Driver position and steer animation is done 100% in Blender, with Stereo's new Bone Animation rig (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bone-animation-rig-blender.34594/) It doesn't even need the KS Editor at all, can straight up export ksanim and driver_base_pos.knh.

Hands need a little more positioning work I guess... :p

Its nothing too bad. Garden work can be evil.

Another pic from last night I forgot linking:

zBKhAQ9.jpg

Driver position and steer animation is done 100% in Blender, with Stereo's new Bone Animation rig (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bone-animation-rig-blender.34594/) It doesn't even need the KS Editor at all, can straight up export ksanim and driver_base_pos.knh.

Hands need a little more positioning work I guess... :p

Awesome work, car looks great so far.

Yeah, damn those drivers and their special triple jointed hands....:D

Awesome work, car looks great so far.

Yeah, damn those drivers and their special triple jointed hands....:D
Better:
69HK76l.jpg

also did a quick UV of the steering column and textured it. It is embarrassing but I just learned how to assign multiple materials to a single mesh... so for this car I (finally) sort textures by material and not by mesh (first version of the 996 had over 100 separate textures...). Like that small yellow stripe on the wheel, it is assigned to a "plastic" material, while the stuff around it is tiled alcantara.

• Deleted member 223075

Don't forget to show us some pictures of your car progress

EDIT : Don't be angry. When I post my message the image did not appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to show us some pictures of your car progress

EDIT : Don't be angry. When I post my message the image did not appear.
Sorry, thought you were "demanding" your daily update :D

Haven't done anything on the model yesterday, but did a little more work on custom driver animation, got Stereo's rig to produce a shift animation for me. And I found out that the Audi R8 LMS already has tires the type and size I need (its front tires), so changed the car from tire model 3 to model 7 via C&P. Took the car on some laps against the AI around Black Cat Long. Only AI fast enough to battle was the One:1 :confused:

lTm5LTh.jpg

Racepak IQ3 (using multiple materials on single mesh (rubber, plastic, screen, LEDs), which in turn are used by various meshes around the car. That small grommet plugging the USB port is the same material as the CV boots)

MjIsan6.jpg

Autronic ECU. My broken GPU cameos on this pic. Notice all the stuff you can spy through the ragged bonnet.

Af0dwIl.jpg

Wheels do strange things if they have no ksanim file. Anyone know a good strategy on how to copy&mirror animation/keyframes in Blender?

2ToXbQE.jpg

Brake lights work now. Will become full 3D later

PpweFEc.jpg

Nice, do you use detail texture for those welding seams ? :) Nice touch.

By the way, that fuel tank doesn't look safe at all.

No, I made a short "weld" sausage, UV mapped it, then copied it around. And added small weld "balls" for the corners.

01-0308s1008.jpg

Fuel tank does in fact look like that. It is build around a a rubber inlay to prevent leakage, as far as I know.

So far I work without any information apart from what i find on the net. I had a contact to the real team on the official forum, but he wasn't active in like half a year.

I feel like people may not understand that this is a real car I'm replicating, not some fantasy car I made up ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%