• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

Wanted to post but its closed now.
and guy said " Yes, the vast majority of cars are designed to understeer when you turn the wheel too much for the speed "
again but short " cars are DESIGNED to UNDERSTEER " whaaat xD
another one " In any racing, real or sim you should turn the wheel the absolute minimum amount "
well xD cars are not designed to understeer but turn fast and easily
also, when you drive fast you not turn so precise and carefully, but fast and hard
I know, i drive different cars daily, i work in car rental and i drive newest cars from 2018 to 2020 from seat ibiza to volvo xc60 or bmw 520d 2018 and i tell you for sure. cars are designed to turn, and when you drive fast, yo not scared to steer too much and be precise but you steer hard and fast, as Nicky Thiim (GTE champion) said bout iracing "yo want be good in iracing you must drive like a girl"
I think same for AC you must drive like a girl , so precise, so finese, so slow mo.
i post this cause i reinstalled AC for like 10 time today (same for PC2, i reinstall them alternately, once im outraged in AC understeer i uninstall it and install PC2, once im outraged in PC2 ffb settings i unistall it and install AC, that happen like 2 month cycle)
and today i just installed AC and think uninstall it again to get back to PC2 tomorrow.
so fo!!!!ken outraged how cars drive there, and this sense of speed boi i tell yo i drive really fast in real life ( i crashed two cars in job) but never go into 90 degree turn at like 50 kph and just get off road lol, and i can tell im goin 50 kph only by looking at speedo and i feel like im goin like 10-20 kph. I tel yo even more in real life i test cars near my home by checking how fast a car can get into 90 degree corner, and im easily make 90 degree corner by 80 kph righ now even with cars as toyota corolla, seat ibiza or my own old bmw e36 i can make 90 degree corner easily at 70 kph, in ac i barely can at 50 kph its so funny
so angry at this game.
i tell you theres no good sim right now for road cars, ACC is just best for gt3 but pc2 would be for road cars if they improve ffb, cars drive like in real life there but yo doin everything by learned habits cause ffb is so poor there
and i didnt even touched rfactor 2 cause scared its AC fanboys making it sound so good and theres even more understeer than AC.. its crap as f... forza horizon is much more comparable to real life than AC

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking as someone who's spent the better part of the last 5 years translating his real daily driver into AC... yeah, it's tremendously difficult to A/B compare the sim and reality. I've done it. Lots.

Lost count of the number of trips out to my backroad "circuit" where I'd focus on one input and one reaction, back home to AC, set, adjust. Back to the car, repeat... etc. It is a bit of a mindf--- trying to square the two (very different) experiences together. So I can empathize with the OP to a certain degree. What you perceive behind the wheel of a real car isn't what you perceive at your desk looking at a monitor. We get that.

Nevertheless, cars behave according to the laws of physics. Humans have a pretty firm grasp on the basics and we can describe them mathematically with a pretty high degree of fidelity. This isn't a matter of getting things right by generating an illusion that suits the user, it's about squaring up the math. Modern sims have pretty damned square math. It's up to the user to square perception.

Once you get in the groove with that, well... I put my real car in the sim. It's extremely close to RL. Not sure what else to say about it.

Not even going to to into the 4000 reasons that that video comparison is problematic. Deep’s simracing guide is proof enough that it would be a complete waste of time. Anyway to anyone reading that cares, the video doesn’t tell you much. Different setup, different driver, who knows how well made the cars in ACC really are from a data perspective, etc.

Anyway do you side with the opinion of some conspiracy theorists on the internet or the people that know what they’re talking about...what aphidgod said was pretty spot on.

to be honest the fact that simracing is harder than RL is pretty much accepted as truth by almost everybody I know that tried both. (although simracing comes with some advantages in some areas such as easiness in obtaining precise and repeatable control).

What differentiates the approaches is the reason why that happen and how to solve it.

As for the reasons
Camp A says the difference is because of lack of physical feedback
Camp L says it's because current sims suck

As for the remedies
Camp A says no remedy is needed.. it is what it is, simulation should remain numerically faithful to real life and the lack of feedback simply accepted as fact of life until hardware solutions become available.
Camp L says the remedy is to change the simulation to whatever weirdo feelz about his Panda is doing in roundabouts or whatever feelz he might have that morning. Numbers don't matter and devs should endlessly chase whatever any random user, driver or youtube influencer says it's "proper".

I guess you can guess which camp I tend to agree with :p

deleted

Last edited:
what are all those lines????

Which one shows the Fiat Panda going 70kmh around a 15m radius roundabout?

The feelz man the FEELZ of a "professional driver" is waaay more important.. you're missing the feelz, try changing antivirus, I find the Avira version of 2 months ago the best for FF, just make sure you don't update tho, the new one is rubbish.. all the SAT from the rear tyres is gone.. GOOOONNE!
There is something going with your software running on some computers/hardware combinations.
About half the physics of the tires touching the road was missing for me and sounds like still is missing for guys like dario993 and fixedupdemo from the other AC Understeer thread.
I'm having a much livelier wheel with about twice as much traction with CPU and GPU optimizations in CM checked off.
I will keep working on this problem with or without your help.

And for the guys here making fun of someone who can't speak English very well.
Really??
Grow up!!

There is something going with your software running on some computers/hardware combinations.
About half the physics of the tires touching the road was missing for me and sounds like still is missing for guys like dario993 and fixedupdemo from the other AC Understeer thread.
I'm having a much livelier wheel with about twice as much traction with CPU and GPU optimizations in CM checked off.
I will keep working on this problem with or without your help.

And for the guys here making fun of someone who can't speak English very well.
Really??
Grow up!!
Maybe a hardware issue then...

Bomb dive with the brake seems to be the accurate term for trail braking in AC.
Delivery 1.jpg

I feel bad for whoever snob around on other titles.

You understand that IRL brake systems don't have a 100% like sim pedals do, right? Also that's purely pedal position, it won't show if ABS is limiting braking power, and since it doesn't show G forces it's not even possible to tell if it's the same point in the corner as the other pictures.

Last edited:
You understand that IRL brake systems don't have a 100% like sim pedals do, right? Also that's purely pedal position, it won't show if ABS is limiting braking power, and since it doesn't show G forces it's not even possible to tell if it's the same point in the corner as the other pictures.
Why write about ABS?

It's the brake pedal position & it's floored at that specific position.

All sample are taken from pro lap & are uncontested top fidelity.

Why write about ABS?

It's the brake pedal position & it's floored at that specific position.

All sample are taken from pro lap & are uncontested top fidelity.
Cause if you floor the pedal and it would make any of your tires skid, ABS decreases brakeline pressure until the wheels stop skidding, so any pedal position above the threshold braking point gives you the exact same amount of brakes, and you pick the threshold using the ABS options in your GT3 car.

It's a 30 fps video and you took a screenshot of the last frame with 100% brakes, he was at 0% 8 frames later which is 0.25 seconds... and the gas is nonzero cause he's downshifting and blipping it.

Last edited:
Cause if you floor the pedal and it would make any of your tires skid, ABS decreases brakeline pressure until the wheels stop skidding, so any pedal position above the threshold braking point gives you the exact same amount of brakes, and you pick the threshold using the ABS options in your GT3 car.
Yeah you bomb dive with the brake & setup matter. So why are you guys trolling me about misleading peeps?

edit:
Oh yeah, if you input like GT Sport you understeer regardless of the ABS setting.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

i tell yo AC has too much understeer and rear end stick to road too much, it also have like some cars not much HP as tey should , best example toyota gt86 has 190 HP and at lond straight at nordschleife it go to 210 km/h, my 150 HP go at shorter distance to 220 km/h , my brother car has 192 HP and it goe to 240 km/h. also bmw m3 e30 in AC has 280 HP and try to make drift, my 150 HP bmw drifts better at lower speeds, also yo cant make burnout in e30 m3 280 HP and yo can make burnouts wit my 150 HP car. those understeer if yo compare AC tey make so precise and lowe degree wheel turning and i saw real life tey input on wheel is so fast and tey turnin wheel so much degrees, and cars so responsive in real life it turns so easy like it was arcade game lol
look how he woobles wheel like crazy, yo make same in sims and yo spin, i saw footage on reddit guy was asking why he spinning there, and tey told him i lifting off throttle and putting brake too much, and hes input on wheel was like he was turning just 40 degree to right and he spun suddently, i told em problem was not he liftin off throttle or braking too much but problem was game physics, i tell yo those cars so responsive and so sticky to road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 152 65.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 105 45.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 110 47.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 64 27.7%
Back