Massive understeer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply, this is the only Sim I play, where I can be doing 10,20,30 mph and I can't make the corner because the understeer is so bad, I've watched ac videos and none show this level of understeer.
What could cause this, its definitely not correct, I don't know if there's a setting I need to change,in the car or for my wheel.
T300 set to 900,control panel all default in game FFB 80
Also the brakes don't do anything, it's either I lock the wheels or they don't slow the car down enough

• Deleted member 379375

In any racing, real or sim you should turn the wheel the absolute minimum amount. With the right setup and technique you steer as much with the throttle as you do with the wheel. It's misleading to say they are designed to understeer. They are trying to simulate the behavior of real cars and you can make any car understeer if you want too. You need to look at your driving style and also the car setup. www.driver61.com is a good resource for learning.

where I can be doing 10,20,30 mph and I can't make the corner because the understeer is so bad
You should post a video of that. I'd really like to see you understeer off track doing 10mph. Make sure to show your inputs with the pedals app, so maybe we can help you out. Stock setups in AC generally are understeery, just as rF2 stock setups are usually quite oversteery.

With the right setup and technique you steer as much with the throttle as you do with the wheel. It's misleading to say they are designed to understeer. They are trying to simulate the behavior of real cars and you can make any car understeer if you want too.
I only said designed to understeer with excess steering input. It's like how cars tend to have caster set up so they self-steer, just one of the things that makes a car easier to drive on the limit.

• Deleted member 379375

No need to look at my driving style, been simracibg for over a decade, this is so shocking it has to be a bugged instalation on my end, the cars won't make any corner at any speed
Ah sorry, it sounded like you were new to sim racing.Yeah a video would be good.

• Deleted member 379375

I only said designed to understeer with excess steering input. It's like how cars tend to have caster set up so they self-steer, just one of the things that makes a car easier to drive on the limit.
Ah, 'set up to understeer' yeah ok I see.

I can tell you that several thousand people every day don't have the same understeer issues you seem to have. In the end, the only way for us to give you any real help is for you to post a video of you driving and showing your inputs, but here are some pointers:

- Make sure your wheel is set to the same rotation that is set in game. The virtual wheel should sync up with your physical wheel.
- Cars are set up understeery out of the box, so you may need to do some setup work , especially if you're used to rF2. I had the same issue just the other way round.
- Green track is very slippery, set it to fast for more realistic race weekend grip levels.
- Be sure to keep tyre pressures in the "green" range in the tyres app. AC tire model is very sensitive to pressure.

Awaiting your video. Make sure you're not drunk and that it's not your little brother.

I can tell you that several thousand people every day don't have the same understeer issues you seem to have. In the end, the only way for us to give you any real help is for you to post a video of you driving and showing your inputs, but here are some pointers:

- Make sure your wheel is set to the same rotation that is set in game. The virtual wheel should sync up with your physical wheel.
- Cars are set up understeery out of the box, so you may need to do some setup work , especially if you're used to rF2. I had the same issue just the other way round.
- Green track is very slippery, set it to fast for more realistic race weekend grip levels.
- Be sure to keep tyre pressures in the "green" range in the tyres app. AC tire model is very sensitive to pressure.

Awaiting your video. Make sure you're not drunk and that it's not your little brother.
I'm old and don't have any recording software, I'll take a recording on my phone and see its viable.
Can promise you it won't be my little bro, but can't promise about not being drunk

Let's remain courteous .... and try to find a reason why he's reacting so hard.

There must be something wrong somewhere .... but where and why, that's the question !
There's sometimes a bit understeer in some cars .... but surely not at the level you mention ! ... else it should have been very clear and known everywhere and .... that's not the case.

Or you have a problem in your game, if it is well the original AC bought .... and not a cracked one !
( in the second case, rather not ask here ! )
Or your settings are totally wrong or not applied
Or you really have a problem in your hardware ....

But please admit, it seems a very exagerated statement about AC which we cannot understand ... as surely no one or not many users ( I never knew ... nowhere and never ) did the same conclusion.

Let's remain courteous .... and try to find a reason why he's reacting so hard.

There must be something wrong somewhere .... but where and why, that's the question !
There's sometimes a bit understeer in some cars .... but surely not at the level you mention ! ... else it should have been very clear and known everywhere and .... that's not the case.

Or you have a problem in your game, if it is well the original AC bought .... and not a cracked one !
( in the second case, rather not ask here ! )
Or your settings are totally wrong or not applied
Or you really have a problem in your hardware ....

But please admit, it seems a very exagerated statement about AC which we cannot understand ... as surely no one or not many users ( I never knew ... nowhere and never ) did the same conclusion.

Even if it does sound exaggerated, why are people taking it like I'm saying the physics are crap or the tyre model, I've said from the start it's probably a bug on my end, and never once called the integrity of ac into question.
I've experienced this before in rf2 but it was a mod, now I know from YouTube that ac cars don't behave like this, so it's defo something wrong with my installation.

I'll try checking integrity of files in steam, and if not reinstall, if it persists, I'll bite the bullet and buy some recording software, been meaning to for months anyway

There's already something you might improve: the brakes.

I suppose you're using the T300 pedals ? ... I encountered a kind of same problem at the beginning when I still used the G27 one ( now I'm with a CSP V2 and load cell helps a lot ).
Some cars are braking hard and some don't brake as hard .... normal if you consider Racing cars, road cars, older cars .... they cannot have the same kind of brakes of course !! :D

With the G27 pedals ( and surely the same with the stock T300 one ) ... brakes may seem to work on-off ...
You already may modify the brake gamma in game .... its original position is 1 .... just make it higher ( but not too high else you'll find the cars with less brakes should brake still less.
( NB: I don't remember my gamma settings at the time ! )
Moreover in many cars setups, you'll find in the "Generic" tab .... the possibility of reducing the brake pression.

For the wheel and your "exagerated" understeer ... there's maybe a problem ... or it might also only be this exagerated braking effect causing this "understeer" if you use trail-braking and not apply a correct pression of your brake pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%