• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

Wanted to post but its closed now.
and guy said " Yes, the vast majority of cars are designed to understeer when you turn the wheel too much for the speed "
again but short " cars are DESIGNED to UNDERSTEER " whaaat xD
another one " In any racing, real or sim you should turn the wheel the absolute minimum amount "
well xD cars are not designed to understeer but turn fast and easily
also, when you drive fast you not turn so precise and carefully, but fast and hard
I know, i drive different cars daily, i work in car rental and i drive newest cars from 2018 to 2020 from seat ibiza to volvo xc60 or bmw 520d 2018 and i tell you for sure. cars are designed to turn, and when you drive fast, yo not scared to steer too much and be precise but you steer hard and fast, as Nicky Thiim (GTE champion) said bout iracing "yo want be good in iracing you must drive like a girl"
I think same for AC you must drive like a girl , so precise, so finese, so slow mo.
i post this cause i reinstalled AC for like 10 time today (same for PC2, i reinstall them alternately, once im outraged in AC understeer i uninstall it and install PC2, once im outraged in PC2 ffb settings i unistall it and install AC, that happen like 2 month cycle)
and today i just installed AC and think uninstall it again to get back to PC2 tomorrow.
so fo!!!!ken outraged how cars drive there, and this sense of speed boi i tell yo i drive really fast in real life ( i crashed two cars in job) but never go into 90 degree turn at like 50 kph and just get off road lol, and i can tell im goin 50 kph only by looking at speedo and i feel like im goin like 10-20 kph. I tel yo even more in real life i test cars near my home by checking how fast a car can get into 90 degree corner, and im easily make 90 degree corner by 80 kph righ now even with cars as toyota corolla, seat ibiza or my own old bmw e36 i can make 90 degree corner easily at 70 kph, in ac i barely can at 50 kph its so funny
so angry at this game.
i tell you theres no good sim right now for road cars, ACC is just best for gt3 but pc2 would be for road cars if they improve ffb, cars drive like in real life there but yo doin everything by learned habits cause ffb is so poor there
and i didnt even touched rfactor 2 cause scared its AC fanboys making it sound so good and theres even more understeer than AC.. its crap as f... forza horizon is much more comparable to real life than AC

Last edited by a moderator:
My real life car understeers a bit in mini roundabouts when I 'm going in too fast and turning in way too hard: I'm talking about 30 kmh ish?
I can do that the same on a wet 80 kmh turn or even on a dry turn , by just steering in too much and not really applying throttle.

It also oversteers quite well:
BMW M2 Competition:)

Every real life car at some point understeers, from F1 to a Zastava Yugo.

To the topicstarter, you're just not pushing hard enough or going fast enough.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for you trying this on public roads!

Just go out and try a Go kart you can rent for 10-15 mins or so on a closed track. You'll find out a go kart will understeer too at some point.

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
Gokarts understeer as F* due to their straight rear axle

I've taken my old daily to skid pads and the Nordschleife... as street car as it gets, no power, no weight, no servo steering, but oversteer, understeer, it had all.

those cars you name in your OP probably all have assistent systems that didn't even let you near the limits ;)

• Deleted member 963434

Yo right im not even pushin them to the limits in real life, but my point is in AC they reach their limits at half the speed that in real life i drive.
I know how understeer looks, i tried it also on roundabouts but it dont look like in AC. Firstly it not happen that fast, and wheel not becoming so light, it becomes light but just slightly and it little shaking as tyres rubbering asphalt. In real life yo must tell yoself your cars not turnin, the wheel wont tell yo that. And i see in PC2 in some cars that looks good when im goin too fast in long corner my wheel becomes so light that when im using same strenght in my hands it just go like 45-90 degree too much and it shaking i feel rubbering, in AC it would go 180 degree at least and yo get that weird feel yo goin so slow, wheel so light, no dynamic like everything slow motion it is hard to adapt then i go out and scared to drive real cars.

• Deleted member 963434

i checked today, skoda rapid 2020 as i was returning from car return from client,
large roundabout, like 30-40 diameter so i can get into speed like 70 kph and i turn more than i need just to check understeer, it was dry 28 celsius degrees air. i turn hard and wheel not becoming so light like in AC as if i lost all my ffb, it just slightly lighter but still i feel the opposite force, but whole car shaking, tyres rubbering asphalt shaking wheels, shaking all car and i subtly feel those shakes on steering wheel, but it was still much feedback, now i know i drive a car, not like in AC first fo all theres no sense of speed yo drivin like 100 kph and feel like 40, driving 50 an feel like 10, and you turn and yo understeer immediately even at 50 kph an like all ffb lost wheels just dead, i dont think any car understeers at that speed, 50 kph even if you should immediately make full lock to lock wheel turn like in 1 ms to understeer and even there i think wheels would understeer at first 1 sec and then catch the grip again and just turn. It all matters are tyres used, that makes me thing them ac developers made their physics on cheapest chinese old tyres, thats only way how i can justify them physics

• Deleted member 963434

also tell me why i dont have this feel in ACC? i can turn lock to lock full 270 degrees in one side an i still see and feel car is turning, i do same thing in AC and after 90-180 degrees i hear tyre squeaking wheel become light and car just go straigh, and it all at so low speed that i have time to release throttle, straighten wheel and then car just turnin, but i have so much time to feel understeer, correct my throttle and wheel or apply brake its ridiculous, people crash cars in real life or pro drivers crash them cars in racing cause it all happens so immediately that when tey feel understeer its too late, it should not be slow mo, oh yo goin fast, yo turnin, wheel light, car not turn, oh i feel understeer i must immediately correct my wheel an release throttle, oh now im safe.. it like slow mo, an it all happens so fast in real life like i feel in PC2, most time i crash in AC i know im gonna crash like 2 seconds before, in PC2 i know like 0,300 seconds before and i can compare it to like i crashed 2 cars in real life, yo really dont know until last moment

If it was actually 30m diameter, no car should be capable of doing 70km/h. Centripetal acceleration is easy to calculate, 2.57g. a 40m circle would be 1.9g. The absolute best street cars for sale are pulling 1.2g on street semislicks.

Getting 1g (high for an economy car but not impossible) the minimum is 80m diameter. Probably it's more like 100m. Assuming your "70km/h" is at all accurate. If you assume it's actually 30m diameter and the speed is incorrect, you get 1g at 44km/h.

The reason your results aren't matching up is because your estimation of speed/distance is absurdly bad.

If you're getting no ffb when you understeer you might have "enhanced understeer effect" enabled, or just be driving a car in AC that has the geometry set up that way. It's not uncommon for racecars to have the lowered caster that causes this, they're not there to beat up the driver, someone has to be able to hold the wheel at peak for hours at a time.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

Well as i get into tha roundabout last i checked it was around 70 kph, maybe i slowed down a bit when turning, but it was also wide cause road bout 2 meters and paving for trucks on the inside like 1,5 or 2 meter wide. That doesnt matter much, lets say in AC its either physics fkd up, but if no physics then both ffb and sense of speed cause it takes so much time to adapt to tis game. It should be straight away as in real life as in PC2 i adapt immediately and can drive fast from first seconds any car and anyone i show ma rig to can make some first corners there too, but when i show tem AC EVERYONE crash at first corner

Well as i get into tha roundabout last i checked it was around 70 kph, maybe i slowed down a bit when turning, but it was also wide cause road bout 2 meters and paving for trucks on the inside like 1,5 or 2 meter wide. That doesnt matter much, lets say in AC its either physics fkd up, but if no physics then both ffb and sense of speed cause it takes so much time to adapt to tis game. It should be straight away as in real life as in PC2 i adapt immediately and can drive fast from first seconds any car and anyone i show ma rig to can make some first corners there too, but when i show tem AC EVERYONE crash at first corner
So go play PC2? I know AC is far from perfect but if you don't like it then don't play it. It's as simple as that...

Wanted to post but its closed now.
and guy said " Yes, the vast majority of cars are designed to understeer when you turn the wheel too much for the speed "
again but short " cars are DESIGNED to UNDERSTEER " whaaat xD
another one " In any racing, real or sim you should turn the wheel the absolute minimum amount "
well xD cars are not designed to understeer but turn fast and easily
also, when you drive fast you not turn so precise and carefully, but fast and hard
I know, i drive different cars daily, i work in car rental and i drive newest cars from 2018 to 2020 from seat ibiza to volvo xc60 or bmw 520d 2018 and i tell you for sure. cars are designed to turn, and when you drive fast, yo not scared to steer too much and be precise but you steer hard and fast, as Nicky Thiim (GTE champion) said bout iracing "yo want be good in iracing you must drive like a girl"
I think same for AC you must drive like a girl , so precise, so finese, so slow mo.
i post this cause i reinstalled AC for like 10 time today (same for PC2, i reinstall them alternately, once im outraged in AC understeer i uninstall it and install PC2, once im outraged in PC2 ffb settings i unistall it and install AC, that happen like 2 month cycle)
and today i just installed AC and think uninstall it again to get back to PC2 tomorrow.
so fo!!!!ken outraged how cars drive there, and this sense of speed boi i tell yo i drive really fast in real life ( i crashed two cars in job) but never go into 90 degree turn at like 50 kph and just get off road lol, and i can tell im goin 50 kph only by looking at speedo and i feel like im goin like 10-20 kph. I tel yo even more in real life i test cars near my home by checking how fast a car can get into 90 degree corner, and im easily make 90 degree corner by 80 kph righ now even with cars as toyota corolla, seat ibiza or my own old bmw e36 i can make 90 degree corner easily at 70 kph, in ac i barely can at 50 kph its so funny
so angry at this game.
i tell you theres no good sim right now for road cars, ACC is just best for gt3 but pc2 would be for road cars if they improve ffb, cars drive like in real life there but yo doin everything by learned habits cause ffb is so poor there
and i didnt even touched rfactor 2 cause scared its AC fanboys making it sound so good and theres even more understeer than AC.. its crap as f... forza horizon is much more comparable to real life than AC

These guys think the software not working properly is funny! But this is not the first time this topic has come up, so you're in good company. As I remember correctly, even a professional stunt driver had the same problem some years ago in the AC forum.
In fact there are many dozens of threads around the Internet with the simular question of understeer.
Now, I can go on and tell these guys to grow up....... again!! .....but the bottom line is you paid for this software and you should be able to use it as it was designed, which is a heavenly experience when working 100%. In fact I question if some cars have a little too much traction compared to real life now? But, I have never driven the P1 on optimum track surface with slicks. So I'm thinking it would in fact feel like too much traction. Not, less traction, then my old 4x4 on winter roads, which is how the P1 felt for years before, in AC!
But... keep looking for a fix. It is worth it!
Stefano IS a sim coding God!
So don't let these immature comments get you down.

No, that speaks to the quality of your advice, passed along or not. If you talk about a threading problem in AC as the source of understeer and the creator of the game laughs at you, you should probably rethink that.

I'm going by first hand experience. So it seems you guys don't know what you're talking about and probably should think before you give a blink opinion or try to goat someone off topic and make fun of them!
Very unprofessional and down right immature.
You can't deny AC has the most understeer threads then any other sim.

I'm going by first hand experience. So it seems you guys don't know what you're talking about and probably should think before you give a blink opinion or try to goat someone off topic and make fun of them!
Very unprofessional and down right immature.
You can't deny AC has the most understeer threads then any other sim.
1595188284410.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline